1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White could land in Europe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Over or under Royce White ends up running his own continental luxury bang bus service?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is there a thread about this with transcript? tia

[EDIT] nevermind, found it.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

deleted

4. BeardlyBeardman

If you want #stability and #protocol then maybe moving to the other side of the globe, where there will be thousands of subtle changes and nuances to everyday life, ... maybe that's not your best option.

I don't suffer from any type of crippling anxiety, much less one that keeps me from working as requested by my employer, but if someone told me, "OK Beardly, we've got it all set up. Tomorrow, we're going to pick up everything you own and ship it to Latvia so you can start your new job. Hope you like it over there. Start thinking about which family members you want to come with you because it's going to take you a while to convince them to move to Latvia," I'd probably have an anxiety attack.

Not to mention, "Don't worry, those Latvian doctors are amazing. They'll take great care of you over there. Ever had a blood letting session? Quite liberating."

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

They play a limited amount of games in Europe so I think no matter what Euro League he plays in he'll have plenty of time to get to games. They also have a first class train system over there unlike the States so traveling by plane should not be a problem.

He's a bball player first and foremost so I could see him playing over there, might not be the NBA but if his anxiety disorder prevents him from flying it's his best option.

6. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

repped, undersized yes, but very physical

i think Middle East teams and NTs would be interested in Royce, heck the Qatar National team use to have 8 naturalized players prior FIBA Asia 2011 which resulted to their suspension, Royce in Jordan or Qatar would be comedy gold

i doubt royce would last long in the Philippines, a lot of hard @ss and old school coaches in this part of the world, not to mention their politicaly incorrect lingo

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I don't want to make another thread on Royce White, but why does morey think he's a top 5 player? I looked at this stats in his last year and it's nothing eye catching, 13 pts, 9 reb and 5 ast. He just seems like a Diaw to me, a big guy that can handle the ball but unlike Diaw, no shot. Can someone explain?

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Not sure anybody talked about it, but his phsical attributes is very similar to Magic Johnson and so is his handle and passing ability. Magic can't defend the quicker guards, but his offense more than compensated it. The problem is this kind of talent is so unique and it's hard to put them in roleplayer positions. Now you have the mental issue...

Morey was swinging the fence for potential star, because he can always get rotational or even starters from late first/second round or undrafted players.

9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Diaw has no where close to the physicality of Royce White. He has the physical skills to be a crucial piece on a championship team. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the mental strength...at least at his current maturity level. He's a guy who could be picked up on the cheap in 4 or 5 years if he grows up and be a difference maker.

10. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Royce wants the NBA money, but doesn't want to work for it. Upon signing a guaranteed NBA contract, he feels a sense of entitlement. The Rockets will now submit to his demands... and he not to theirs.

11. candyman285

candyman285 Member

This experience will probably end his NBA career for good, other teams will not go near him and he will have a bad taste of the NBA also (if he is truly unhealthy). It would have been fun to see him play, but let’s cut our losses and let this guy go.

12. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

He's shorter than Diaw. Royce measured 6'6" at the pre-draft combine. He also lacks the mental toughness of Diaw and will never be part of a championship team.

13. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

I'll buy him the plane ticket.

14. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Oh yeah. He can't jump either. The guy has zero leaping ability.

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

They'd probably stone him over there and tip over his dumb bus

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Spain, France, Italy, Greece, wherever, vs. the RGV? Hell to the yes! :)

17. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

lolz, i was wondering how he would get there.....

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

In theory, this would be the best course of action; as playing in Europe while still being drafted is essentially like being in the D-League.

However, I think this is either a sign that his contract is nullified or this is a poor bluff. Consider that Royce:

Is afraid of flying
    Needs structure and consistency
    "Needs" playing time

He's going across the ocean (unless he's taking a luxury cruise, he'll have to fly. I've been planning a trip to Europe for awhile now, Royce. Believe me when I say there is no other way to get there). Much of Europe has a vastly different culture than the US, I can't even imagine how big of a culture shock he'll get. Plus, he's unlikely to get PT early on, since he's an unknown commodity.

This won't work out for him if he goes there.

19. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

reminds me of the Kraken

#wordapp

20. Dei

Dei Member

What? And he somehow measures 6'9 in shoes?