1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White could land in Europe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, Jan 3, 2013.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm sure his agent explained to him that Europe was not even an option while he is under contract with the Rockets since FIBA would never consent to it.

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

With his attitude, no way any team in Taiwan would take him. And I doubt any team in China would either. Actually, I would be surprised if a European team signed him too.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, he wouldn't drive to Del Rio due to what it causes his condition - the chances of him going overseas which ratchets up the instability and ratchets down the empathy factor about a millionfold are slim to none to negative

It reminds me of the story of Bobby Fischer refusing to go to Reykjavik and fleeing the taxi/airport/missing the plane repeatedly before his chess match with Boris Spassky - of course, in the end the difference is that Fischer eventually showed up, and was actually the best in the world at what he did at the time, unlike Royce, who has done/is neither.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

dislike his guts.... why can't he go somewhere he can't tweet

5. dream1222

dream1222 Member

bad news

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dump him in the Philippines. From what I heard, they have a pretty good league over there.

7. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

please God no!, do 't throw your garbage here

3 people like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

repped

9. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

send him to China, twitter is banned there!

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This fool be gay

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I had a feeling that Miguel... whoever... guy was not a credible source. He was simply exagerating from the article written on potential legal options the Rockets and Royce had. He should have wrote that "its an option they could seek."

Despite what Royce states, money is an issue here. Royce is obviously willing to fight for the right to A. Not work without Accommodations he see's fit, and B. Get paid what his contract states in the process.

Under no circumstance do I see A. Happening in Europe, and B. certainly wont happen in Europe as he will be subject to negotiate a separate contract with the European team which will be only fractions of what his rookie scale contract with Houston gives him. Royce going to play in Europe would only benefit him regarding travel in some leagues.

Since Travel is only part of the equation, and Europe most likely can't provide any of the other accommodations, I assume Royce would rather quit basketball all together than go there..."For the Love of the Game." Its in Royce's best interest to either work things out with the Rockets, or retire from basketball in the short term(forgo his rookie contract), and later on seek employement with another NBA team that would take a chance on him.(most likely WITHOUT the accommodations the Rockets are willing to give).

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

From listening to Morey this morning on 790, it looks like the league is going to resolve it and you will no longer be a Rocket. Get ta steppin' ya freak.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

That's a basketball crazy nation right there. He would love it there since he wants attention.

James Harden in action at the Philippines NBA v PBA(Philippine Basketball Association) Ultimate All Star Weekend..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3v-WU248SSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RClKRzizB0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lTwIkqipAPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

send him to arkham asylum

2 people like this.
  15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

What did he say? I haven't seen any other posts or threads talking about an update from DM on the situation.

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I've never had a job where I can act the way he does nor have I ever known a job where someone can cry their way into it.

This kid is full of himself. He has an over sense of entitlement and thinks the world owes him. He thinks he’s spreading awareness but all he’s really doing is pissing people off.

Bad juju for the team.

17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Good luck trying to sell whatever "album' or "art" you think will make you ends meat since you crapped away this golden, once in a lifetime opportunity Royce ;)

Keep it real #manipulation troopers

18. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

In a Yellow submarine!:grin:

19. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Wait isn't that Villarreal's nick name?

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He said that everyone will find out sooner than later. His voice noticeably went down when he said "no comment." Then the radio host asked if this is being handled now with the league office and DM said "If I answered that then it would be a comment."

From the tone of his voice it sounds like whenever news breaks of the consequences the league(obviously they are handling this) takes against Royce, it wont work in his favor. It doesn't sound like its going to take much longer for that news to break as well.