1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White could land in Europe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, Jan 3, 2013.

1. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A3txMLGAcFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

song that best describes Royce

I'm afraid to fly
    And I don't know why
    I'm jealous of the people who
    Are not afraid to die

It's just that I recall
    Back when I was small
    Someone promised
    That they'd catch me
    And then they let me fall

And now I'm fallin'
    Fallin' fast again
    Why do I always take a fall
    When I fall in love

You think by now I've learned
    Play with fire you get burned
    But fire can be also warm
    And that's why I return

Turn and walk away
    That's what I should do
    My head says go and find the door
    My heart says I'll find you

And now I'm fallin', fallin' fast again
    Why do I always take a fall when I fall in love

It always turns out the same
    Loving someone, losing myself
    Only got me to blame
    Help me I'm fallin', fallin'

Catch me if you can
    Maybe this time I'll have it all
    Maybe I'll take it after all
    Maybe this time I won't fall

When I fall in love

2. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

What the hell?! That's a double mention of Latvia in a single thread! :confused:
    Anyway, just as an FYI, Beardman, doctors in Latvia are hardly worse than in the Western world, you ignorant f***. ;)

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Was this whole Europe thing a pathetic attempt by Royce's people to play hardball with the Rockets?

4. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Maybe he'll get to hang out with Vspan.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya i've actually been to latvia and was very impressed with the people and infrastructure. you've basically made an ignorant post :)

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It had to be Latveria :p

7. Rocket Booster

If he played in a Euroleague team, a second tier Eurocup team, or a third tier EuroChallenge team, then he definitely would have to travel by jet all the time. Because they have to play all over Europe, even some places in the Mideast. They play 2 games a week, so there is not enough time to travel by train all over Europe during the week, and still play two games, and still practice with the team.

Even in a regional league like United League, you have the fly.

So it would only work for him, if he refused to ever fly, if he played in a team that only played in a domestic league that was small. Say like the Israeli League. Israeli League is probably the best option for him. Going to an Israeli team other than Maccabi Tel Aviv (Euroleague), Hapoel Jerusalem (Eurocup), Hapoel Holon (EuroChallenge), Galil Gilboa (Balkan League).

That way it would be just games in Israel, that they can travel to by bus or train. Maccabi Haifa would be a good choice for him. They have a fairly big budget, an American coach, and they are trying to win a qualification to the Euroleague or Eurocup. I am sure they would sign him for the rest of the season if they could.

But he can't play in any European league and not fly. Most of the teams do fly. Sure he could play in Belgium or somewhere like that, and not have to fly, only if he was in a non Euroleague/Eurocup/EuroChallenge team from Belgium, but then he would have a small salary. The only league I can think of that would need no flying and pay a good salary is the Israeli League, again, as long as it was not Maccabi Tel Aviv, Hapoel Jerusalem, Hapoel Holon, or Galil Gilboa.

Actually, if we are talking about a Euroleague, Eurocup, or EuroChallenge team, they have to take a flight 2-4 times a week. So the only way he could play in one of those teams would be if his team only asked him to play home games. I don't think that is a realistic option for any serious European clubs.

Realistically, I see his best and only real legit option for a club right now is Maccabi Haifa. But that would change if they actually qualified to play in a European league. So he's actually looking at playing in Israel, and not Europe, if he really won't fly at all.