1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Exit Interviews...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2014.

1. makio9

makio9 Member

I see no relation to hidden agendas and contracts, especially given the fact that it was Parsons talking about agendas also.

2. Rockness

Rockness Member

Good, I like the fact there was some frustrations and problems with guys not being on the same page.

How can you not feel depressed if you are Casspi, D-Mo or Garcia with not getting playing time when you saw guys not playing well?

Any chance Garcia was interviewed? I really hope the guy comes back, but I don't see it happening..McHale won't use him and shows no respect to a veteran who turned down money and was money last year.

3. clutz

clutz Member

LOL. Beverley much more reticent than Parsons regarding last defensive possession. Obviously, that's partly a personality thing, but the difference in tone still amusing.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Bev.

DMo for sure. I'd be surprised if Cisco were an issue... he seems content with his role, whatever it is. I gained a ton of respect for him this season having gone to most of the games -- regardless of how many DNPs he picked up, he was always the one encouraging and building up the younger guys. I keep hearing it repeated what a great locker room presence he's been on all of his teams, and I believe it.

5. clutz

clutz Member

6. KlutchQT

Cisco's is here: http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/teams/rockets/2014/05/05/FranciscoGarcia2014ExitInterview-3260190

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Woody? Hmm, Mike Woodson.

8. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Good pick, while Lin is my favorite player, Bev has quickly become my second. He has a lot of heart and hustle. I like how the team is close and has a great bond - it's too bad it won't be the same team next year. I'm predicting at least 3-4 players replaced/gone.

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

agendas regarding playing time: Asik, who sat out half the season with a fake injury waiting to be traded and DMo, who whined via his agent about his PT this season.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm less inclined to believe the injury was fake now. His conditioning near the end of the season was weak. Even if Asik was forcing a trade, and had the wrong attitude, he would still keep in good form to make an immediate impact on a team he was traded to. He's not Royce White.

11. KlutchQT

Yeah, the business side of it definitely sucks. Getting too attached to individual players is a recipe for heartbreak, unfortunately.

12. Nook

Nook Member

:rolleyes:

13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I dont really get the "agendas" scaepgoat. Unless it is about an agenda of playing offense only, but that is not an agenda to me. If it was about role or playing time, that ended in the regular season when Asik started playing again. That alone wouldn't have lingered into the playoffs. Asik played hard.
    Was Lin unhappy with his bench role? Doubt so.
    DMo being upset about playing time wouldn't have mattered much because is a small member of the team.
    Did Kelvin Sampson just come to Houston to eventually get the UH job? HIGHLY doubtful.

So that brings me to the question of, who had this negative-enough agenda to drag the team down?

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

dwight demanding touches in the post?

15. clutz

clutz Member

Earlier, Feigen tweeted that the "not being on the same page" problem was more tactical than attitudinal, but Howard seems to imply it's the other way around.

16. clutz

clutz Member

Of course, it's possible for the two to be conflated -- i.e., if you don't agree with me tactically, then you have an attitude problem.

17. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

What are you talking about?

18. Nook

Nook Member

I know for a fact that McHale is popular with the key players on the Rockets.

19. clutz

clutz Member

So, evidently Asik not available for exit interview?

20. clutz

clutz Member

Although I guess I don't see one for Jones, either.