1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I know this is a TV show but I tried to watch the pilot for Touch last night. horrible. Jack Bauer is such an over actor. I feel bad for the kid. He does a somewhat decent job not talking (sweet acting gig). The social worker is the worst actor in the history of actors.

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

With the McKayla thread in full swing today felt like a safe day to out myself. She only PLAYS a 16 year old so that's cool...

Right?

Right?

3. bobmarley

I was talking about you being mesmerized by the boy junk that was flopping around in the movie. :p

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

dredd - damn that was really cool. want to see in 3d.

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I don't know what you're talking about.

[​IMG]

Pork swords

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Lars and the Real Girl - 7/10

Wow... what a weird ass movie.

7. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Back to the future II...
    Where is my Mr. Fusion.

8. bobmarley

I'm mad they changed Jennifer.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Empire Records - I liked this movie until they started singing at the end.

7/10

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Perks of Being a Wallflower - 7.5/10

Wasn't really interested in it but was highly recommended to me so I watched it and really enjoyed it. Good coming-of-age story.

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook. It's more Rocky than the Fighter was complete with a montage.

12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

ARGO 6.5/10

Overrated. Badly directed. It's like one of those stupid movies that's trying to stop the bomb from going off with 1 second left to spare(1. picking up the phone at the last second 2. transferring the plan tickets at the last second 3. chances his mind at the last second 4. getting on the plane at the last second ect...). Such cheap suspense and badly directed that try to add/show that their life was on the line was totally flat.

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yup this is why this totally pisses me off about this movie. The Canadians that took them in are THE REAL HERO. They got them the Canadian passports and could have gotten them out without all the Hollywood sensational publicity and drama that this movie portray.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah but **** Canada

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Mama - 7/10

Had very low expectations coming in, so I was pleasantly surprised overall. But it's a hame...it really was awesome for the first 4/5's of the movie, and then the ending killed it for me, but I guess that's not too different from other horror movies. The CGI in this movie was just pathetically bad, and that's really what screwed it up. Made what was once creepy and scary just seem like a joke.

However....despite the ending, I'd still recommend watching. Pretty creepy movie, but it kind of borrowed a lot from the Paranormal Activity series IMO. Either way...worth the watch.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

End of Watch

Really authentic performances from Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena drive this flick. The plot is just a series of increasingly terrible things they run into or have to deal with, near the end it gets more than a tad unbelievable but still very solid. Film would have been better if the director had just skipped the “found footage” set up which disappears when it’s convenient.

B+

The Dark Knight Returns Part 2

Really impressed with the second half of the animated adaptation, it’s probably the bloodiest and most brutal of all the adaptations Timm has produced. They are as faithful as possible to the source material and really make it work, excellent viewing with part 1 and 2 together now.

A

#3776 GRENDEL, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  17. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Django Unchained - 9/10

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

The Hobbit - 4/10

Very boring story. Dildo Baggins' adventure wasn't much of an adventure. Absolutely no CGI improvements since the original LOTR and not one scenery that gave a "wow" impression. Basically 2 Hours of make-belief midgets running around. Unfortunately out of my loyalty to the LOTR series, I will watch the next installment of this.

The Five Year Engagement - 2/10

I don't even remember much of the movie. It's that bad.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The 7 Psychopaths - 3/10

This movie is just violent garbage. Two of the psychopaths are a little interesting, especially the Vietnamese priest, the rest sucked.

20. bobmarley

Maybe you should participate in NoFapFeb, because your review of the Hobbit stinks!