1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

The Man with the Iron Fists 4.5/10

My god. Didn't expect it to be this bad but it's damn bad. RZA should give up acting and directing. Everything was bad about it. From the acting, actions, camera work and right down to the sound track. Fast forwarding the whole movie because it was that bad.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The movie made me care about the characters in spite of the horribly self-conscious and embarrassing dialogue. Once the writer, Diablo Cody, got out of her own way, the story was fine.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

What did you rate the Hobbit? I think I was being generous with a 4/10. I was expecting a LOTR epic adventure, but then I got this. It's like getting a Matrix Reloaded after watching the first Matrix.

And no thank you with the NoFapFeb. That's way too extreme for me. I like my faps.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Damn man, I was rotting for RZA to do a good job but so far most of the folks who saw it say it suck balls.. I'm gonna rent it anyways because I'm curious..

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Zero Dark Thirty - 7

I liked this movie more than I expected to. Was worried they would go way overboard on the dramatics. There were moments, but overall I thought it was a really solid movie.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

You weren't the only one. They could have made it campy and cheesy in a good way but RZA can't freaking direct. Dialogues and script was just horrendous. As a big fan of the Shaw Bros movies. This is just sad.

7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Your expectations were based on what?

Have you ever read Hobbit or LoTR?

Two different books. Except for some added background scenes and a few changes for movie sake, Hobbit was much closer to source material then LoTR.

Did you watch 24 or 48 fps?

8. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Savages.

Grade: I watched the entire movie as form of self-punishment for dating someone with $hitty taste in movies.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I only watched the movies, never read the book. So I based my expectations on the sheer epicness of LOTR movies. Maybe my appreciation of it will increase as the second/third one comes out. I thought Batman Begins was "meh" at best, but grew to appreciate it after TDK and TDKR.

I watched it at 24 fps, same with LOTR.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The Grey

Amazing movie of faith, strength, love, fear and survival.

9/10

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Rock of Ages- 2 out of 10. Yes, I know the era was about sex and rock and roll. And I give them credit for trying to make it PG-13. And Tom Cruise was almost funny as the zonked out aging star. But this one was still painful to watch, as if it was a 3 hour episode of Glee. I actually turned it off when Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin began their duet. Gave it a point for some of the songs and another point for Julianne Hough's looks. Other than that I want my 70 cents back.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Warm Bodies

A zombie Rom-Com and it works! Really charming movie, kind of neutered with the PG-13 rating, feel like there’s a better movie in there somewhere but still really enjoyable, mostly due to Nicholas Hoult doing some good work in the lead.

B-

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Juno was a cute movie. Ellen Page was perfect in the role and while Michael Cera's character has become a caricature (and perhaps better done in Scott Pilgrim), the pairing works. Ellen page is even better in a similar quirky movie called "Whip It" (set in/near Austin, about roller derby, and with Drew Barrymore). If you liked Juno you ill enjoy Whip It.

14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Girl with Drago Tatoo 7.5/10.

Liked it, cool mystery. Ending #1 was a little obvious. Ending #2 and 3 set up future books but really didn't matter at that point.

15. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Eastern Promises. 7/10 but good lord that is one freaking violent movie.

16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Life of Pi

10/10 Great visuals with a solid story

17. VanityHalfBlack

Killer Joe, 10/10

Friedkin with another hit, never seen the original play but why it gotta be based in Texas? Such stereotypical Texans, people seemed to forget that Texas is not made up of bunch of hillbillies and rednecks? Have they not heard of Houston or Austin? It's as metropolis as you can get as a city? As for the movie, wow/ weird/twisted/bizarre and actually pretty funny.. McConaughey is so twisted in this movie, way out there!

18. 713

713 Member

Im afraid to watch it. Everybody says it's extremely gory and I have a kind of weak stomach.

Warm Bodies 7/10

Great movie for Valentines. The pacing was a bit slow but overall the film was surprisingly good. Theresa Palmer is hot and actually has some acting talent.

19. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Wag the dog

Funny and entertaining.

8/10.

20. GIGO

GIGO Member

You, the Living

beautiful but depressing (7/10)

<iframe width="520" height="395" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2w3sm9Xwc8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445336/combined