1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Htown's2kFinest

why would they want Ariza when they drafted a guy similar to him in Paul George who could maybe replace Granger and who's one, BIG reason why most of us are speculating about Indy? Ariza should stay if we were to trade for Granger. that's giving up too much for him. both NY picks, AB & ariza for Granger! :eek: don't know about that. i'll pass

2. postaboi713

postaboi713 Member

u cant be serious smh

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Trevor Ariza and Paul George are similar physically, but that's where similarities end!

According to scouting reports and from what I've personally seen from Paul George's game. The guy is tailor made for the SG position, which means Ariza would replace Granger at SF, while they add Brooks to their biggest position of need, the PG spot...

Giving them a nice wing lineup:
    PG: Brooks
    SG: George
    SF: Ariza

I'll admit, i did go a little overboard with my proposition by offering both NY picks. But it basically comes down to Brooks/Ariza for Granger, which IMO is a fair deal for both sides.

--RB

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If Indiana would do Jeffries, Ariza, and Brooks for Granger and T.J. Ford, Morey would have to seriously consider that deal. Or better yet, if Indy would do Jeffries, Ariza, and Lowry for Granger and Ford, Morey would have to really seriously consider that deal. Especially if a deal for Paul is already materializing.

Paul
    Martin
    Granger
    Yao
    Scola

Lowry
    Posey
    Miller
    Okafor
    free agent

5. Muaz

Muaz Member

I think this would be a perfect trade for all 3 teams.

Houston Receives: Danny Granger 10.9 Million

Indiana Receives: Jarrett Jack 4.6 Million + Trevor Ariza 6.3 Million/ Cash Considerations ( Maybe to sweeten the deal if Indiana doesn't bite.)

Toronto Receives: Jordan Hill 2.6 Million + Chuck Hayes 1.9 Million + 2011/2012 NY Pick

It works out perfectly for everybody. We get our All-Star in Danny Granger. Indiana receives a quality starting point guard in Jarrett Jack, and not a bad down grade in Trevor Ariza. While Toronto Gets 2 expirings in Chuck Hayes and Jordan Hill, but Chuck Hayes can help their defense, and a young stud in Jordan Hill. Also they get a draft pick since their now in a rebuilding phase. Plus they've been looking to move they're point guards since Jose Calderon is coming back plus Leandro Barbosa is on they're team now

6. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

One word... delusional. You must be, if you think Indiana trades their franchise player for Jarret Jack and Trevor Ariza.

It would probably take Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin to get Granger, which IMO is not worth it. I fail to see why everyone on these boards thinks Granger is attainable.

7. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

I see the Rockets going after Steve Nash at the trade deadline if not earlier. Yao and Nash are known buddies often tweeting back at forth.

This trade will probably include our young assets/picks. Any combination of:

Cbud (Played at Arizona, Replace Jason Richardson, who is expiring)
    JHill (Played at Arizona)
    AB (New contract next year, and they have Dragic so not likely)
    Ariza (Replace Grant Hill, who is expiring)
    Jeffries or Battier (Both Expiring)
    Picks

I know our PG situation is solidified, but Nash is a top 5 PG in the league, and makes everyone around him better. A big three of Yao, Martin, Nash is legit IMO. Another reason I think something with the Suns is likely is because two of their veterans are expiring (Richardson and Grant Hill), most likely they will not stay after, so the Suns need to look for younger talent to replace them.

Thoughts?

8. Muaz

Muaz Member

Well, lets see Indiana has almost 46 million dollars worth of cap space coming off. T.J. Ford only played for half the season. They actually get something back for their franchise player, and with that much space they could actually make a decent addition this off season, Zach Randolph or Carl Landry. We might give them a draft pick. They drafted a clone of him this year. Its very much possible. My deal was just an outline.

9. NBA Law

NBA Law Member

3 team trade that get's Chris Paul to Houston. I don't think Rox can get Paul in a direct trade, only because our best trade asset is kind of redundant for NO. They already have a cheap young PG in Darren Collison. Although, Indiana is desperate for a PG.

Houston:

Paul
    Okafor

Hornets:
    Hill
    Hibbert
    Ariza
    Battier
    Paul George
    Jeff Foster
    NYK pick '12
    3 million cash from Rox

Indiana:
    Aaron Brooks
    Jeffries

Why it could happen:
    Indiana needs a PG and taking on Jeffries contract will not hurt their long-term plans as he's an expiring, plus Jeffries played college ball in Indiana. They have a hefty price for AB with Paul George and Hibbert but both are unproven.

NO gets young big men prospects with Hill and Hibbert. They get a high risk/reward prospect in Paul George. Also get Knicks pick so that's four prospects in all. Ariza is a good fit to compliment their starters of Collison and Thorton.

Rox new starting lineup is a bona fide contender to win now, front line to compete with Fakers and two superstars:

Yao
    Scola
    Bud
    Martin
    Paul

Bench: Okafor, Miller, Lowry, Hayes, Taylor, Patterson

Its works on ESPN trade machine link so money matches, though since Paul George included it will have to wait like 3 weeks before he's eligible for trade:

10. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Why would Toronto get the picks and not Indy? Otherwise, very nice

11. Muaz

Muaz Member

Like I said it's a rough outline, give a pick here give a pick there, 2 Million here and there, but I do understand why you'd give a pick to Indiana.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Heres a good one:

Indiana receives:
    Battier
    Hayes
    NY 2011 pick

Indiana trades:
    Granger

Philadelphia receives:
    Ariza
    Andersen
    Alexander
    cash

Philadelphia trades:
    Iguodala

NO recieves:
    Jeffries
    Hill
    Harris
    NY 2012 pick

NO trades:
    Okafor

Houston receives:
    Iguodala
    Granger
    Okafor

Now whats up?? ;) ;) :cool:

13. Htown-Stew

Htown-Stew Member

Indiana is going to give up a franchise player for an expiring average Shane Battier and a 3rd line center in Chuck Hayes?

My oh my..

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I believe, unlike you! That A.Brooks is going to surprise this upcoming season and I wouldn't be all that eager to trade him. The only thing is if he has shown an improvement I would quickly get it in writing that he will resign+ the amount & years. Y :p

15. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Umm this obviously would never work. You'd have to switch Budinger in there with Battier. And even then, it wouldn't be enough to get the Pacers to trade Granger.

Other than Ariza, you pretty much traded crap to the Sixers for Igoudala.

And, trading 8 players for 3? That leaves us with 3-5 spots to fill in our roster :rolleyes:

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

^^fixed :grin:

17. TheGoldenGreek

Obviously Sacramento would get the clear cut best player present in the deal with Jermaine Taylor :grin: :grin:

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Hill + Jeffries + Patterson + Brooks + Battier + NY 2011 and 2012 draft picks + cash considerations for CP3 and Okafor

Paul/Lowry
    Martin/Taylor
    Ariza/Budinger
    Scola/Miller
    Yao/Okafor

19. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Switching Okafor with bmill might be better.. that lineup gives me goosebumps ;)

20. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

I dont mean to be rude, but.. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!?? Both of our pgs for one?(all star one but still) Ish would be our backup, and as if that wouldnt suck enough you put budinger as backup pg? No way, that lineup isnt worth the picks, battier, AB AND lowry.. just ubsurd.

Meh.. dont think pacers would want neither would we give up Ariza.. they just drafted Paul George.. and no Okafor?

If these were to be the scenarios that have to happen for us to get either cp3 or dg.. as much as id love both i have to pass.. idk, lineups just dont look championship appealing.. :(