1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2009-10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2009.

1. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Scola should go WAAAAYYYYYY before Landry who is arguably our best player.

2. Yak

Yak Member

There's a reason why Scola starts over Carl. Energy players like Carl thrive in secon units because they work hard as well as rely on their athleticism to beat the opposing bench players. But players like Scola (aka starters on winning teams) always seem to put up big numbers no matter who they go up against.

Carl is a special player, but Scola is clearly the more skilled basketball player.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like it. Great trade idea...

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Said it once, will say it again.

Battier

for

Camby

No frills,thrills or spills. We get a player we really need for this yr and expires and they get a guy that will just come in a be solid off the bench. Do it early enough and then they could trade battier again before the deadline.

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Shane Battier
    Chuck Hayes

for

Mike Miller
    Fabricio Oberto

Rockets Perspective:
    Both Miller and Oberto's contract expire after this year, allowing us to have an additional $11.85 million dollars of cap relief after this season (to add to Mcgrady's expiring deal). Mcgrady and Scola get their "buddies" to come on board. Oberto can play the center spot better than Andersen, and Mike Miller can be plugged in at the SG. After this season the Rockets would have a total of $38.5 million coming off the books with Mcgrady, Oberto, Miller and Cook.

Wizards Perspective:
    Washington has a great core. They are under-achieving this season with Jamison being out. After a horrible 2-7 start, they realize they need a good leader and locker room guy. They have talent, but they need chemistry and hustle. Insert Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes. These are two guys they can depend upon to play hard, and build a great locker room. Since Washington is committed to Arenas, Jamison, and Butler, they dont really need the salary relief for a big signing. They just need to add complinentary players at bargin prices. This builds on what they already have, and keeps things going positive, and proves to the team and fans they are still fighting for a play-off spot in the Eastern Conference.

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

^^^^

I worked the trade through the trade checker, and it would work on Dec. 15th if we include Brian Cook. That would be the only restrictions.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We ain't trading Chuck Hayes...

Invalueable to our young player's development...

8. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Git'r done Morey.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

James Harden seems crappy to me.

Didn't like his weird offensive style in college, don't like it now.

10. xRod3x

xRod3x Member

i like this trade hope that morey will do this

11. dutchbut

dutchbut Contributing Member

Sacramento Kings (Salery Dump) Get
    T. McGrady 22.8 Mil Expiring
    B Cook 3.5 mil Expiring

Houston Rockets Get

A. Nocioni 7.5 Mil for 3 years
    K. Martin 9.6 Mil for 4 years
    B. Udrih 6.0 Mil for 3 years

12. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

i want to have some trading done NOW !!!!!!!!!! think morey! ;)

13. rockets_fanatic

Actually the fact you think any trade posted by a fan is a serious suggestion is fairly humorous.

By saying the other trade suggestions are serious is basically saying if the board agrees will will send it to Morey and he will try and get it done.

This threads are never intended to be serious and anyone who thinks they are needs a reality check.

So you....FAIL!

14. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Battier and the 2010 first round pick ( top 8 protected) to Memphis for Gay and Jaric.

Why would Memphis do it?

It's the Grizzlies. Same old tricks again. Dump a player for a draft pick when he's not on rookie contract anymore, remember Gasol? Heck Lowry was only in his third year when he was traded. They will not match a potential 60 millions offer sheet Rudy signs next summer so might as well get something out of him before letting him go in free agency.

Why would Houston do it?

We need another player besides Brooks who consistently creates his own shot. Rudy Gay scores 20 pts a game on 50% and I think he will pick up his defense and pass more under better coaching. He is a hard worker no matter what you Battier lovers make him out to be. Rudy wants to win and he can't single-handedly take that pathetic team to the playoffs that's all.

15. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Oops I forgot that we have to throw in Cook to match the salaries. ;)

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No Harden/ Landry for me. You'll have to come up with something better than that Clutch. :)

17. sbyang

sbyang Member

Love the Harden/Landry trade. Classic case of buy low sell high. I don't think OKC goes for it, they must have been high on Harden to take him 3rd.

18. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I hate to say this but this is just a first class moronic trade idea.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Elaborate with much detail, please.

20. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I really don't see how trading Landry helps us, especially for Harden. I think Landry is reaching a point in his career which he is going to take his game to an all-star level consistantly.

As for Martin, we are trading for another injury prone player...I just don't see a market for a trade that will help this team this year.