1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2009-10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2009.

1. dexkk

dexkk Member

Give Dorsey to Memphis for a 2nd round pick? Memphis fans still love Dorsey and their fans are not happy right now.

2. Audioout

Audioout Member

Like who? I can't find a team that can do this and give them anything better while saving them money. The closest I can find is this....which is damn scary.

[​IMG]

Read up on New Orleans. Trading Paul may be the only thing that ends up making sense for them financially. As constructed, they will be paying luxury tax for the foreseeable future. It will be very embarrassing when he demands a trade eventually. They are in a very difficult position. Perfect for someone to take advantage of.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

anyone more about Lance Allred, besides being somewhat deaf......looks like a decent big we could get at a small price, 6'11, runs the floor well, rebounder and shot blocker. Seems to have a decent 15-17 footer and plays the pick and pop well..

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

oh yeah, right now he's playing in italy on a 60 day contract, which i think began in oct, so it may be up soon, was cut by cleveland during training camp.

I guess we wouldnt even need a trade then, just call him up

5. worzel gummidge

6. Audioout

Audioout Member

If everyone is so eager to get a big (I don't think it's as big a deal as many) then we could try to see if Utah would deal us Fesenko for Dorsey. Though, if I were them, I wouldn't. Never know though.

7. Audioout

Audioout Member

8. rockets_fanatic

I did some trades juts for some fun.

3 Team deal involving Rockets, Pistons and Warrios.

Rockets get:
    Emeka Okafor
    Rip Hamilton

Pistons get:
    Peja Stojacovic
    James Taylor

Hornets get:
    T-Mac
    Kwame Brown.

Another 3 Team Trade.

Rockets Get:
    Camby
    Przybilla

Clippers Get:
    McGrady
    Blake

Trailblazers Get:
    Davis
    Jordan

9. Francis 4 ever

both incredibly bad. Detriot would trade rip for a ****ty contract and a 2nd round pick? There's word around they could get boozer. :eek:

We would really trade tmac for 2 back up centers? :confused:

10. rockets_fanatic

I did say they were just for some fun. No serious thought was put into them at all.

Saying that,

1. Detroit are re-building so Taylor fits that mold.

2. Didn't you notice how we lack 7 footers? Then in the off-season once we find out what is happening with Yao's injury we keep them or package one in a trade.

I will repeat for teh clowns you can't read like numnuts over there, the trades were down in fun, not in serious thought.

11. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

[​IMG]

Why we do this trade?
    No need to explain. We're getting the best guard in the league, and Okafor who can rebound, defend and block shots. He can play high tempo offense(for this year) and will be excellent backup to Yao next season. Peja's contract is albatross but he can play in Adelman's system for sure, nice to have a guy like Peja off the bench when your coach is Adelman.

Why Hornets do this trade?
    Cause they're *****ed up. They need to cut some dollars on payroll but nobody wants to take contracts like Mopete-Peja-Songalia. They need to send either West or Okafor to another team to add these players in to the deal. But if that happens I'm pretty sure CP3's gonna be angry demands trade. If they do this they'll get expring 25 million dollar contracts which can relax them financially, getting Brooks as a talented young guard and a cheap very good players as Scola and Battier.

In the conlussion, if NOH board really in desperate condition as financially and looking to trade one of their talents to cut some bad contracts of the books, CP3 will be very angry. I can't see any better deal than this for NOH.

12. Francis 4 ever

okafor is a home town guy too. attended bellaire high school. would love to see him in rocket red.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Cleveland Cavaliers Trades:

Delonte West
    JJ Hickson

To the Houston Rockets

Daniel Green

To the Golden State Warriors

Houston Rockets Trades:

Brian Cook
    Carl Landry

To The Golden State Warriors

Golden State Warriors Trades:

Anthony Morrow

To the Houston Rockets

Stephen Jackson

To the Cleveland Cavaliers

Why would Cleveland do this:

Why wouldn't they? Cleveland's been reported as a team that's been trying to get Jackson throughout the season and have been rebuffed by their offers (I think they wanted GSW to take on Illgauskas' contract). They sacrifice JJ Hickson but they get back the ball handling shooting guard that completes their team. Trading away Delonte West might be cause a mixed reaction among Clevelanders but I would think the Cavs organization and West needs a change of pace/scenery and going to Houston might be good for him.

Why would Golden State do this:

One, they get rid of Jackson. Two, they get two expiring contracts (totaling 6 mil) in return. Three, one of those expiring contracts belong to a pretty good power forward that can play alongside Randolph or Biedrins. If they think keeping Landry is redundant because Turiaf's there, they can let him walk after the season. They're sacrificing Morrow but, right now with Ellis/Curry/Maggette/Azubuike, they have a crowded backcourt and Morrow's probably the most expendable one. In other words, they do this to not only get rid of Jackson and his absurd contract, but they also get to chop off at least (depending on whether they keep Landry or not) $3 mil after this season.

Why would Houston do this:

Being a facilitator in a trade is never glamorous but this trade works out well for the Rockets. Getting Hickson gives the Rockets something that they desperately need--size and height. He can easily slide into the backup role and could spell Hayes or Scola. Taking on a "head case" like West might be like Mike James REDUX but, if West actually comes around, he can be that effective penetrating guard that we add to our stable. The real kicker here is Morrow, the 6'5" shooting guard that can easily slide into the starting 2 spot. Although Morrow's offensive game speaks for itself, his defense might not be as good as Lowry/Ariza/Battier. But, right now, getting a big man that can defend and rebound (Hickson) and a bonafide 2-guard that can score (Morrow) is tops of the list right now.

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

That actually looks like a pretty decent trade...

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

New Orleans would rather go through another Katrina than to see a trade like that happening.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

For the Rockets? Absolutely! Surely we can think of a more lopsided scenario in our favor, though.

17. Francis 4 ever

lol u mad?

18. ashiin

ashiin Member

If only... if only!

19. joesr

joesr Member

Actually this thread was made for serious trade ideas that both sides would consider. Neither of yours fit the billet. Whether you say its not legit or is doesnt make it any better.

Another thing that was said in the OP was no name calling or belittling which is something else you failed at.

Some people should read up before posting.

20. worzel gummidge

http://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/5717549705
    [​IMG]

Rockets get under the tax. As an expiring contract KT is a more valuable asset at the trade deadline than McGrady.

Hornets get under the tax in this scenario. Emeka for KT isn't enough to get under LT. Casspi's listed at 6-8 but i thought he looked bigger than Landry.

Kings make acquiring Okafor's large and long term contract more palatable especially with the future in mind.