1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2009-10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

how about rockets trade their all their draft picks +filler (new york picks included) for carl landry?

2. HOUSTONROCKETS5

How is that terrible, your trading an overrated player in Brooks, a good second round role player in Budinger, and likely low 1st rd picks in 2011 & 2012 for a chance at a very special player in Rubio...

Please take your Brook fan(atic) glasses off, and realize that all the numbers his put up this season are Inflated, we have to sell high with the guy, before we get to next season, when his number will drop, decreasing his value...

3. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Terrible idea.... Go watch rockets games with rafer and try to understand why we have brooks here... not too mention you are also adding Budinger and picks... this is way tooo much to pay for a guy that may never play in the nba... take your rubio fan(atic) glasses off... and realize what we have is good already...

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Brooks is good, Rubio could be SPECIAL. I agree that on that particular proposal we would be giving up to much but I would give up our 1st this season and Bud for the rights to Rubio. He WILL play in the NBA just not till 11-12 while using our MLE to replace Bud this seasons and our lotto pick would probably not get much time anyway. That would mean we would have two top 8 lottery picks from last years draft after not having any picks to begin with, nice.

#1684 rockets934life, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

After this year you do NOT trade Brooks for Rubio....Lowry, sure...but not Brooks.

DD

6. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I agree... Brooks is one reason I love the rockets.... I don't know if I could see him go...

Lowry in my mind is replaceable... and now that we have kevin martin we dont need 2 people drawing fouls every 2 seconds. Plus martin can shoot the ball...

I consider AB, Martin and Yao untouchable except for players we will never get (Lebron, etc.)

I think we should focus on improving the 3 and 4 positions.... Battier is great defensively however he is getting older and becomes a liability on offense, Ariza in my mind is overrated. Scola is great offensively however he is a liability on defense... We need well rounded players at these 2 positions or better compliments to go in our rotation...

7. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Yeah i want carl back too but i think we just have to let him go.. he probably won't be coming back

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I know it's not a "trade", but I didn't want to clog the GARM with another thread. If the Rockets want a veteran third PG or possibly even a back-up plan to fill out the roster if Kyle Lowry doesn't come back, the Rockets may want to look at . . .

Keyon Dooling

Dude is 6-3 with loooong arms and is a good defender. He is capable of playing alongside Aaron Brooks so that Brooks can play a bit of SG. He's a lousy shooter overall, but he's a pretty good 3-point shooter (.376 this season, .350 career). He'll be 30 next season and still has plenty left in the tank.

His salary is currently slotted at $3.5M for next year, but the Nets are expected to waive him, since his contract is only partially guaranteed for $500k. Dooling himself has acknowledged publicly that he will need to start over somewhere else. While there may be several teams that can offer him a spot in their rotation as a third or fourth guard, it would be a nice luxury if the Rockets could add him to the roster. Especially if they lose Lowry's defense from the PG spot. Plus, he could likely be had for the veteran's minimum. (Yes, I am purposely suggesting a veteran that won't cost the Rockets much money. Sure, there are better PGs on the market, but few that would come at a bargain basement price.)

Just a thought.

9. Asian Sensation

Good thought. He'd be a nice option if we do indeed lose Lowry.

10. worzel gummidge

I'd avoid signing Dooling even if he'll sign for the min. He's simply not durable enough. Given his age and history I don't like his chances to provide cover as a second or third option.

11. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

did u not see the value of Lowry in the Celtics game? Brooks isnt capable of doin things like that, their strength is wat the other persons weakness is

ur undervalueing Lowry greatly

most european players arent tuff i wouldnt trade away a tuf grind it out fighter for a diva.. ever

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Aaron Brooks was the one that made the game go into overtime and hit some clutch shots along with Scola down the stretch. If it weren't for AB we woulda lost the game.

Next time you want to prove your point, learn how to spell.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The trade I propose earlier, it is a little bit to much to give up for rubio now that I realize....however I trust Morey to get something done... ;)

In free agents, I really want to go after Travis Outlaw...by having Outlaw we can move Budinger to the SG...giving Lowry more weapons to play with off the bench....
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-9EuB-5x6A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-9EuB-5x6A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bench
    Lowry
    Budinger
    Outlaw
    Hill
    Lottery pick

This also allows us to package Battier with our draft pick to move up in the draft...

--RB

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

There was a reason why Portland got rid of Outlaw. He is extremely inconsistent on both the offensive and defensive end.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

A little bored soooooo how about this...

1) Rubio and Gomes for Budinger/1st rd pick

2) Ariza/2012 Rox 1st rd for Marc Gasol

3) Sign Mike Miller to a portion of the MLE

Rubio is for 11-12 but Gomes helps makeup for losing Bud while not having a horrible contract, 4 million+ next season and signed through 13-14 with a player option.

I am actually pro-Ariza but if Memphis loses Gay, which they will, they will need a replacement and Ariza fits that team perfectly. The 2012 pick would be our pick not the Knicks' choice we received in the TMAC trade.

Miller isn't worth the full MLE but unless we can convince Manu to take the full MLE, Mike would be the next best, reasonable, choice.

2010-11 Rockets

Brooks/Lowry/FA
    Martin/Miller/Taylor
    Battier/Gomes/FA
    Scola/Hill/Jeffries
    Yao/Gasol/Hayes

Creates a tough, defensive minded team again and Gasol protects us from another Yao injury while being possible future replacement.

#1695 rockets934life, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  16. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Morey should figure out a trade that will bring in Mayo+fillers for Martin+fillers and a New York pick.

Not sure if it would be possible but he would fit our team great next year and isn't injury prone :grin:

17. rottendoubt

rottendoubt Member

Forget Rubio. Brooks + 2010 1st round draft pick + 2012 1st round draft pick + expiring contracts FOR Stephen Curry + whatever salary dump Golden State wants to make.

Check the stats.

AARON BROOKS
    6'0, 25 years, 161 lbs
    Season
    36.1 min, 19.7 pts, 2.7 reb, 5.3 ast, 0.9 stl, 0.1 blk, 2.8 to
    43.1 fg% (7.1/16.4), 38.8 3p% (2.5/6.5), 81.8 ft% (3.1/3.8)
    March 2010
    36.2 min, 19.8 pts, 3.2 reb, 5.9 ast, 0.9 stl, 0.0 blk, 2.8 to
    42.4 fg%, 35.8 3p%, 82.7 ft%

STEPHEN CURRY
    6'3, 22 years, 185 lbs
    Season
    35.9 min, 16.6 pts, 4.3 reb, 5.8 ast, 1.8 stl, 0.2 blk, 3.1 to
    45.8 ft% (6.3/13.9), 42.9 3p% (2.0/4.6), 87.5 ft% (2.0/2.3)
    March 2010
    37.4 min, 19.8 pts, 4.3 reb, 7.3 ast, 1.8 stl, 0.1 blk, 3.7 to
    46.1 ft%, 50.0 3p%, 92.6 ft%

For the season, Stephen Curry is better than Brooks in every category except points, turnovers, and free throws attempted. For March 2010, he's the same or better in every category except for turnovers and free throws attempted.

He's 3 inches taller, 3 years younger, 24 pounds heavier, and shoots a much better percentage in all categories. He's the best rookie out there right now (although Tyreke Evans will most likely win ROY due to his play throughout the entire season).

And at this point, if I could pick any point guard out there to head up our team for now and the future, Stephen Curry would be very high on my list due to his current production, age, and size.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course I do, but as good as Lowry is, if the refs are not calling his flops (which they don't in the playoffs) he gets exposed.

DD