1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ran into Harden, J-Smoove, Ariza, JVG, and Thibs in Chicago tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Mar 5, 2016.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I'm in Chicago this weekend for the game tomorrow (or I guess technically tonight since it's past midnight). I had dinner at RPM Steak tonight in River North. My party and I were waiting to be seated when Smoove and Harden walked in. I said whatup to Smoove and gave him some dap.

When both of our parties were walking to our respective tables, we noticed JVG and Thibs were already there and finishing up their meal. Harden sat down with JVG (who was wearing Nikes, jeans, and a Nike Pro Combat Dri-Fit tee in a nice high-end steakhouse, lol) and Thibs and talked for a while and then left to go to his own table. He was probably either recruiting them to coach the Rockets next year or he was asking them how to play defense since they're the defensive coaching GAWDS. JVG and Thibs left shortly after that. Ariza came in a lot later and ended up joining Harden and Smoove.

Our waiter told us Harden ordered the $195 42 oz Mishima Tomahawk Japanese Wagyu steak and requested A1 sauce and poured it all over his steak, lol.

Here's a crappy pic. This is Harden in the middle of his conversation with JVG and Thibs. Hope y'all enjoyed my cool story, bro! :cool:

[​IMG]

Rudyc281, Tfor3, s3ts and 17 others like this.
  2. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Pipe dream..can we have JVG and Thibs back? After 10+ years...

3. nnayak

nnayak Member

A1 hilarious!

DonKnock and DJ like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

cool story

Harden put A1 on this:

[​IMG]

We're going to have to trade him.

Maybe he asked for it just to see the reaction and whether they'd go get it for him.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Interesting Harden went over to their table.

Very cool story.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. heypartner

So, JVG was there to call the Rockets game, tomorrow (or today since it's after midnight). He probably asked JVG to be kind to him on air (put in a good word) and paid for their meal.

DonKnock and J.R. like this.
  7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I hope our next coach is someone from the Olympic staff when Harden was there. Coach K or Thibs especially. Those two seemed to truly reach Harden during that time.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Amazed that Harden didn't end up shooting a couple of free throws.

swyyyguy likes this.
  9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Very cool story

I think it's pretty notable that smoove hangs out so much with harden and ariza.

Smoove got everybody eating trout sandwiches

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm getting hungry.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

He better not have gotten the steak well-done.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thats super awesome man!

Wonder how everybody sees some of these guys at everyday places so often.

And in regards to his steak, worth it to pay that extra amount if its good. I had a piece of rubber yesterday which I paid a decent amount for, ended up trashing it.

swyyyguy likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could not agree more and I'm betting Harden would welcome Thibs with open arms.

14. heypartner

Maybe he asked Thibs if he'd consider coming to the Rox.

Thibs looked at JVG, JVG looked at Harden, and back to Thibs, while Harden looked wanting. After awkward pause, Thibs acquiesced with a response. "I'll think about it. But I'll need you to do everything I say." Harden with the "yeah, yeah,,,sure,,coach, anything." Thibs says, "OK then. But to test your resolve, I want you to do something for me, now. Go back to your table and order the most expensive steak and when it arrives -- and this is the most important part, are you listening -- when it arrives, and not before, send the waiter back to get you some A1 Sauce to pour on it. OK, son. And no smiling. I'll be watching."

Harden chuckles uneasily and looks at JVG for a reciprocating snicker and laugh. Nothing but a blank stare back.

dun dun dun

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Did he tip

1 person likes this.
  16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It's happening.

On a serious note. Harden and thibbs have a weird bond. Get both seem to really like each other. I think he's the guy that can get harden back to his mvp top 3 player in the NBA level. The talent is there he's avg 36 ppg on 50% shooting the last 5 games and been like 30/8/7 over his last 20 he's a stud.

Thibs can harness that with ekite defense harden can lead this team to the promise land.

He's Got so much talent and un tapped potental especially on the defensive side of things. It's really crazy to think that a guy putting up 29/7/6 on 60% ts is not even playing to his full capabilities.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Poured A1 all over wagyu. Even his steak game is all offensive...

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Ayyy lmao

DonKnock likes this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It's happening.

On a serious note. Harden and thibbs have a weird bond. Get both seem to really like each other. I think he's the guy that can get harden back to his mvp top 3 player in the NBA level. The talent is there he's avg 36 ppg on 50% shooting the last 5 games and been like 30/8/7 over his last 20 he's a stud.

Thibs can harness that with ekite defense harden can lead this team to the promise land.

He's Got so much talent and un tapped potental especially on the defensive side of things. It's really crazy to think that a guy putting up 29/7/6 on 60% ts is not even playing to his full capabilities.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Did he cause a turnover at least? Did he fumble the a1 sauce? Give us something swy.