1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#Progress: White to work out with member of Rockets staff at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 20, 2012.

1. hahachui

hahachui Member

Finally....

2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

This is hardly progressive news. In a year he might be able to contribute, but he really needs to improve his shooting and/or postgame. He's very talented but also raw. People just fawn over him because it's rare for a big to have elite vision, but that doesn't cover up his inability to contribute at all on the offensive end because he can't shoot.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What are the chances of him having his 1st D-league game in a couple of weeks?

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm assuming that part of his "protocol" is that the team will not assign him to the D-league.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If anything it is good to hear him claim that he is making progress. Baby steps.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hope not. That would be the quickest way back to the team. Plus, he needs it. A good 5 monster games over there and they will be calling him up for sure.

7. AbrahamLincoln

I'm sensing some holiday optimism in this thread. I'm not going to get my hopes up. He has done nothing whatsoever and people are saying he will be the best player off the bench. Madness. It's fun to get excited but Royce is a ways away from being a productive NBA player. He won't see any NBA minutes this season unless we trade out a bunch of assets by the deadline. Even then I can't see it.

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

It's a long shot........ but maybe it'll be a White christmas for Royce after all.

Mr. D

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I have sympathy for this poor irrational (at least at the moment) guy. but
    I'm a Rockets fan so obviously the best thing would be for him to turn into a hall of fame player and have a long career filled with NBA championships here in Houston

Wouldn't that be the absolute shizzz if he would just be an All-Star?.

I think it all comes down to whether, despite his mental problem(s) he really really loves basketball or, if as is sometimes the case he is just sort of naturally good at it and is his best current way to make money.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Who? I think I missed it. Morris?

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Think it was Smith.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sorry, i hadn't heard him speak in weeks -- only tweet.....so i thought maybe really, he couldn't speak..

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Few doubt his potential as a basketball player. It's all the other baggage he's burdened the team and the organization with, not to mention the fans. It would be a near miracle, but I hope he can come to grips with playing in the NBA, and that has to start in the D-League, in my opinion. I wish Royce luck and I hope he sees it through. And a close second would be the ardent wish that I never read a Tweet from this guy ever again.

Try writing a letter to the editor, Royce. To paraphrase one of the best at calling games in the entire league, Bill Worrell, do it the old fashioned way!

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

He won't see the Rockets court, count on it. I bet you $1000

15. djimi

djimi Member

"I want to play for the Rockets more than anything."

What if the Rockets wants to play for the Vipers first to prove your worth?

That would be my question to him to prove he really wants to play for the Rockets

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bet taken. I am sure that if he is coming to workout in Toyota Center, he will see the Rockets' court. It is large and the surface is made out of wood. Very hard to miss when you are inside.

17. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Key word:

'play again THIS YEAR'...

Yep he's not playing again this year.

18. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

This is where I believe members of clutchfans take it too far... Just like any disability or circumstance someone is going through, unless you're the one going through it, its hard to understand. This man doesn't owe us anything except to play his best when he finally gets on the court.

19. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Ask not what your ROX can do for you, ask what you can do for the ROX.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member