1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#Progress: White to work out with member of Rockets staff at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 20, 2012.

1. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

no rookies are playing...

his got morris.... jones... monta in front of him

no need to rush him

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Whatever.

If he's goes to the valley (as initially requested), then and only then will I start to acknowledge him as a Rocket.

If not he's an overpaid entitled pimple on the team.

3. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

At this point, I don't even want him back. I just wish we could get something back in turn for the waste of space that he is. In no way am I looking down upon his condition, but there has already been too much bad blood between the organization and this drama queen who ruined his chances of actually raising awareness. That day he started going off about the whole world on twitter, I already considered him an ex-rocket.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

No need to get excited. Most likely his Golds membership free trial period is running out and he knows that the holidays really put the pounds on you

He's still being vague and tweeting bad things about the FO. Same problems...different day. He's a busted toy and we've lost the receipt. The only value at this point is for parts for another toy (contract filler).

5. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Great news to have our potential superstar back.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Under most circumstances I would say you are 100% correct. Here, with Royce being so #transparent and letting the world know all day every day how absolutely terrible the Rockets have been to the world of mental illness sufferers, its safe to say that Royce has handled this situation like.... well a child with a mental illness. While I and alot of fans understand how this can happpen since... well its not terribly unbelievable for a 21 year old basketball player with a mental illness to act like a child, at the end of the day, he still must be held accountable, and not coddled for his actions.

I am absolutely & completely 100% on board with the NBA and the Rockets really setting a positive precident for all professional sports by going the extra mile to help young athletes with mental disabilities, but at the end of the day with this situation, Royce White is an adult, and the NBA, the Rockets, the media, the fans, etc. aren't doing him any injustice by holding him accountable for acting like a spoiled child at the same time & violating the trust of his teamates, his boss, and his doctor.

Whether your Mental illness is being properly treated or not, you are still accountable for the way you act and treat others. The more you enable & coddle someone with a mental illness, the worse you are going to make it. Just because you support his cause, doesn't mean you have to agree with the actions that Royce White has taken against the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  7. thething

thething Contributing Member

I'm ready for this guy to play...in the DLEAGUE

8. amaru

amaru Member

Hopefully his issues have been worked out. if he could tap into his potential that would make the Rockets even more dangerous.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Progress will be when he's no longer on the roster.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Royce has not ruined my entire life and may cost Les some money if it turns out that as an asset Royce may not be worth approximately what the 16th pick is usually worth.

I'm still hopeful this can turn out ok and if he can become comfortable Royce may be a Rocket for life. He doesn't seem to do well with change.

#110 glynch, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This is good news and I'm cautiously optimistic, as I remain intrigued with Royce's potential to be a major contributor and game changer off the bench. Especially when they go small.

I have not been happy with how he has handled the situation (#kill the twitter), I was also taught not to tease or taunt people who were sick or disabled. The need for many to do so is discouraging.

Get well, go to the d-league to get in shape, and like Clutch said, kill it to show us what you got.

Working in his favor around here are the short memories and knee jerk reactions; i.e. one good game and everyone is a fan and back on the bandwagon.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are out of you mind. He's nothing close to Lamar Odom. Odom does everything better including being mentally stable (which is saying a whole lot when you're less mentally stable then Lamar Odom)

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

#BeWell

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

#theglynchwhostolechristbus

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He is nowhere near the athlete a young Lamar Odom was. What are you, 12?

This guy is a bust that probably would have been a fringe NBA player even without his mental issues but on Clutchfans he will be remembered as the guy who could have saved the Rockets and revolutionized the PF position.

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Royce White feels like a little worm on a big freaking hook! What does that do to a basketball players confidence? We were trolled by the Ohio State coaching staff.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

is this the same royce "the flight" white that was with us before?

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

i don't know if there's a name for a fear that replaces another fear, but it sounds like White has acquired it.

As in: "Man if I don't get on top of this I ain't gonna play period! "

Show us what you can do Mister White. We really do want you to.

19. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

So how did he do vs. NBA competition in the Summer League?

From watching his video, he's like a mash-up of Mark Jackson and Larry Johnson.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Assuming Patterson if gone, but Morris isn't"
    Morris starts, Jones backs him up.

Motiejuanas plays occasional minutes at the 4 and 5, playing 3rd string for both (not the best, but IMO DMo is a long term project).

I'd give White either garbage minutes at the 3, or play him as a point guard.

If Patterson and Morris are both gone.

Jones starts, DMO plays backup. White plays garbage 3 and 4 minutes and/or played as a point guard or shooting guard.