1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Buyout Candidates 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DM'sVP, Jul 23, 2018.

1. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

King1 and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

chievous minniefield and saleem like this.
  3. today

today Contributing Member

All are on one year deals and just have to be "disgruntled" to get bought out... DJ has already said he wants to be in Houston (@Codman I think, on the LA team bus), Ariza has no bad blood and would come back in a heartbeat, Luc is questionable but still possible.

4. jayfree

jayfree Member

I think the Lakers get off to a slow start and LeBron is bought out. Houston picks him up by March for league minimum. Oh and DMo

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

We need to split the MLE on another wing and a backup center because Nene aint gonna cut it

6. riko

riko Member

He was here in a trade and not a rookie

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Meh, we already have a very similar player on the vet min. HTowns very own.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Greg Monroe? and shabazz muhammad? Former bucks could fit in off the bench.

Capela/Greg Monroe / Nene
    Tucker/ Melo /Ryan Anderson,
    Ennis/ Green/Sabazz
    Harden/Gordon/Shabazz
    Paul/ M.Williams

jb86 likes this.
  9. txn

txn Member

Who needs Lebron when you already got Carmelo? Melo is "The Key To A Championship Formula". Lebron is nothing compare to that. :cool:

saleem and jayfree like this.
  10. carib

carib Member

I agree that the Rockets should look for another 3 and D player. Nunnally is 6-7 with length, aged 27 and prides himself on defending the best scoring players in Europe in addition to shooting at Steve Kerr level on 3 pointers in the last two years. With LeBron, KD, George, DeRozan and Butler to worry about in possible Western playoff match ups down the road another 3 and D wing would be really good for the Rockets. Melo joining and taking the vet min gives the Rocket more spending room. Someone like this plus Ennis III, an explosive scorer like Green would give Coach a lot of options in addition to using Tucker and Melo at SF or PF. Remember injuries have had a big impact on the Rockets progress in the playoffs in the last two seasons. Two years ago Nene, got injured and Rockets struggled at the back up C position, hopefully Hartenstein makes the team and gives good minutes. This previous season CP3 and Mbah a Moute injuries hurt the Rockets. CP3 is huge for the team so it is serious impact if he is injured in a series against a team like the Warriors regardless.

D-rock and rockets1995 like this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There is ZERO doubt at my mind that Ariza will be either bought out or waived in some sort of form late in Feb / Mar.

Just think about it, by Feb / Mar, the Suns' record will be in the dump again and the Suns has so many young wings and forwards and they have no choice but to sit Ariza and play the young guys.

And eventually they will just let him go since player signed 1 year contract will have a NO TRADE CLAUSE.

Another forking genius move by Morey basically using the Suns' cap to keep Ariza from another team while also saving him to rejoin for the playoff, and also make Ariza happy because he got forking paid!!!

Its happening.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Nunnally can be insurance shooter for Eric Gordon and Chris Paul being injury prone. After Carmelo is signed, I hope the Rockets get James Nunnally. I find it suspicious that James Nunnally hasn't signed yet with a team.
    I am hoping he picked the Rockets but is still waiting on the Carmelo Anthony deal to get done. There is MLE money still leftover. Carmelo accepted even less than MLE which is a very nice gesture he did to go after more talent.

carib and D-rock like this.
  13. carib

carib Member

Agreed, he would a solid add to the Rockets. The Rockets will probably have stiff competition from other play off teams to sign him if he gets bought out.

14. rockets13champs

I mean if caroll is bought out it should only be between Us, Philly, and LA.

carib likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

None of them will be bought out this year to come to Houston. That won't happen. PHX and LAC didn't sign those guys just so they could buy them out a few months later. And DeAndre still wants big minutes, which he wouldn't get here in Houston. So no, he won't leave Dallas for Houston.

There is no chance any of those 3 guys will be coming here this year.

arabrocket, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Another potential buyout candidate is Wesley Matthews. Mavericks play him too many minutes but would be a pretty solid fit off the bench for us for 20 minutes a night. Doesn't have the length we covet but plays hard every minute and provides energy.

today and Scarface like this.
  17. today

today Contributing Member

Opposite sides of the fence on this one...

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're gonna be pretty disappointed then

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Some buyout candidates that I think are 1) realistic and 2) I have some interest in.

Disclaimer: some of these guys may have already signed extensions that I forgot about. If so, my bad.

DeMarre Carroll - What is BKN playing for anyway? He's way overpaid and isn't really good, but we have a need for someone to do 3+D, even if he doesn't do it especially well.
    Taj Gibson - Unlikely with Thibs in charge, but he could be a backup C for us.
    Robin Lopez - Doesn't really fit our style but he's good. Maybe we could find a way to use him at the high post on offense?
    Tyson Chandler - An older, slower, worse Clint - but could be a good Clint backup.
    Kenneth Faried - For cheap, sure. He can just play a few minutes and sprint up and down the court to tire out opposing bigs.
    Wilson Chandler - CF has wanted him for a while. I'm not in love with him, but for cheap... sure!
    Jared Dudley - I don't see how he would get any playing time here, but he could be this year's Joe Johnson.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yuck!

Haymitch likes this.