1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Buyout Candidates 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DM'sVP, Jul 23, 2018.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Already underrating James Ennis I see.

Just like PJ Tucker, your eyes will be opened very soon.

mockster likes this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I do like the idea of Tyson Chandler.
    As high as our front office is on Zhou and IH and our rookies, I still can’t see any of them getting much minutes during the season, and most definitely not the playoffs.

Our rotation as it stands right now come playoffs:

Backcourt:
    CP3 Harden EG

Frontcourt:
    Ennis GG Melo PJ Capela

That’s an 8 man rotation. Lots of time until then so maybe Ennis ends up not playing well, or GG, but from the looks of it we could use another 7 footer in case we need two centres in a series (its time to move on from Nene), a swing forward and a backup point guard for CP injury insurance. If Ennis has a good season, Melo fits in and GG repeats his performance from last year, then we probably won’t have the minutes for that forward come playoff time.

bj3175 likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

Brooklyn got their picks going forward so this can very well happen. They’ll tank if it’s similar to last year

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

If we got Chandler our defense will be on another level

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Buy out: Dirk Nowitzki

Sorry Swyyy

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Did you just forget that we have James Ennis, or nah?

Haymitch likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I did. I remembered him yesterday when I went through our roster but apparently forgot him today when I did the same. Shucks.

Still, I'd have him in the bench and hope for a starting 3.

D-rock likes this.
  8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I like Ennis - have liked him for a couple years now - but we can't replace Ariza and Luc with Ennis and Melo. Ennis is not as good a defender as Ariza or Luc, and Melo's offense isn't good enough to overcome his awful defense. We still need to make a move - like Bazemore.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Was gonna mention Luol Deng as well. His Lakers situation is just ridiculous and I'm not even sure if they've had buyout discussions yet cos they're still looking for a trade...which they won't get.

If they do buyout Deng...Gotta figure Tibs and the TWolves would be 1st in line but Deng on the Rockets at the 4 spot would be solid. Especially with him feeling the need to prove a point to the rest of the league after what the Lakers did with him.

10. ferrari77

Makes no sense.

Also not sure why you think the Suns record will be in the dump again. I could see them fighting for that 8th spot with that young squad. Either way...good or bad record...they ain't buying out Ariza while he's on a 1 year contract.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not happening

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

actually they would like to trade him if they can (and actually I was wrong about the no trade clause, only player with one year minimum contract can have the veto on trade), but the Suns will be in no position to take back and long term contract other than picks, for 15 mils of salary, I don't see any contenders will be able to pull a trade for Ariza.

As for the Suns will fight for the 8th seed, its like saying Lebron will carry the Lakers to win a ring in this coming season.

13. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Agree that Nanu needs to be cut soon. Okafor and Carroll would be great gets in my opinion. Okafor is still young but I see a lot of upside to his game if he’s in shape. Plus, playing along side veterans like CP3 and Harden would likely light a fire under his butt to work on his game. Carroll is still a solid player that can play D and score. At 6’8” he’s versatile enough to guard against 3 positions, and he’s not a bad 3 point shooter. Last season he shot 37% from downtown which is better than Ariza’s last season. If he gets waived I really hope Morey makes an offer.

#93 RocketOrg, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    carib and jch1911 like this.
  14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

If the Suns aren't in playoff contention by the deadline (as expected):

Chandler and Ariza for Ryno, Nene, and a FRP

15. ferrari77

I think the Suns have a far better chance of getting the 8th spot than the Lakers and Lebron winning a ring in the upcoming season.

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of good buyout targets this season because of how many players are entering free agency next year.

there is actually a ridiculous amount of free agents going into next off-season.. this is going to be a very competitive year in the regular season with so many players trying to prove they still got it.

17. Game7

Game7 Member

Say Bazemore one more time! I dare you! I double dare you...

Kidding -- but it is comical how much that dude's name gets brought up here. Bazemore is the new Melo. BazeOnlyFans...incoming!!!

D-rock likes this.
  18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Well, it kind of makes sense for Atlanta to offload his contract and get something back in value (like a pick), and it makes a lot of sense for us... Of all the rumored moves (none of which have any basis in reality as far as I know), this is one of the more reasonable ones.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would be happy with Carroll. Okafor may be worth going after, on a non guaranteed contract with a training camp invitation. If he shows defensive/rebounding improvement, I would take him over MCW, who is also on a non-guaranteed contract.

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

How much money does houston left now