1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd take that deal. Boogie and Gay surrounding James would be almost unstoppable ans I prefer Collison over Nev so while it seems like too much, of boogie signs long term it's a steal.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i'd prefer to keep Trevor and Pat since they are two better fits with better contracts, in fact, with the same money you pay Gay, you pay both Ariza and Beverley for the next 2/3 years.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gotta make it a threesome:

Houston gets: Boogie Cousins, Kay Felder

Sacramento gets: Kevin Love, rights to Gentile (Kings very interested)

Cleveland gets: Ariza (can defend Durant, Nowitzki, CP3, etc.), Bev (Lebron favorite, replaces ), Capela (replaces Timofey) and future pick

Rockets sign Lance Stephenson and/or Raphiael Putney (2 year min, team option 2nd season)

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's not a bad idea actually, maybe like this it's even better:

Rockets get Boogie, McLemore and 1st from Cavs

Cavs get Ariza, Pat, Brewer, Beasley and Koufos

Kings get Love, Capela, Shumpert

:grin:

Cousins
    Anderson
    trade for Covington or Tucker
    Harden
    McLemore (Harden is the pg anyway)

Nene
    D.Mo/Harrell
    Dekker
    KJ
    Gordon/Pepperoni

:cool:

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ah yeah, i forgot...Morey needs to sign me to work with him :eek:
    :grin:

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Need some news!

7. alethios

alethios Member

LOL, that pretty much says it all.

[​IMG]

8. basketballholic

Doesn't matter whether Boston is a perfect fit. Only thing that matters is where does DeMarcus want to play?

9. alethios

alethios Member

I'm not knocking his abilities, but he's going to be handful for any coach. I wonder sometimes, if we were to try and pull off a trade, if MDA has what it takes to gain his respect and integrate into MDA's system.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I doubt anything happens until September - the Olympics, vacation, this is the dead period.

DD

11. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Will Barton angone?

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Unless cousins pulls a Melo and demands to come here... Our poopoo platter of pieces isn't getting him

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not saying we'll get Boogie Cousins. Obviously he's the big "get" on the list. But, IF Morey found some way to pull this off, it would obviously have to involve a third team and a whole lot of moving parts.

The second team would need Capela (Sacramento does not need a center, even if Boogie gets shipped somewhere).

I still look at Cleveland, still not having signed LeBron (although he's coming back) and, I think, J.R. Smith still up in the air....and their payroll already inflated, even for 2016-17 and maybe even 2017-18 terms....

It would have to be some sort of Capela-re-signed DMo-Trevor for Love, Love and Brewer and a pick or something to Sacramento, Boogie and Rudy here.

Probably other players and picks in the mix.

And it would all occur after the Olympics because I'm sure Sacramento would rather have Boogie represent the Kings while in Rio.

In other words, it's likely a long shot. A loooooooooong shot.

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

^^^^^

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

So 4 pages in to the batman signal calling for Codman there's no sign of him yet?
    Hoping for some news soon!
    But I think my sauce DD may be correct that we won't hear or see anything for a few weeks now.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, I think for a variety of reasons (Olympics, rookies signing a contract and not being traceable until 30 days after, Boogie representing Sacramento in the Olympics, summer vacations) it'll be pretty quiet for a little while.

Codman might not hear much in the tween-time anyway; and he's undergoing treatment and hopefully getting better, but might not always be up to popping in here and saying, "I ain't know s*** right now, ya'll."

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Hope he's OK and gets well soon (regardless of the info he shares).

1 person likes this.
  18. alethios

alethios Member

19. jamesdelia

jamesdelia Member

nope trust me not a good idea. Had a good first half of the season but got a big head and started thinking he was a big game player. Starting taking 3's when he is absolutely terrible at them. not worth it tbh

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Yah, but my friends and I have an ongoing joke about him that would put him over the top for me.