1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. delishman

delishman Member

We need the CODFISH.

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

any anniv scoop from Codman?

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Has anyone heard any rumors about the Rockets lately?

1. Only answer if you have pics and can prove your cred by naming your source
    2. Keep answering every five minutes until the trade deadline
    3. What's taking you so long?

1 person likes this.
  4. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On Wednesday, June 16, Jesus Christ rose again!

Christ's 1,977-year absence has been laid to rest.

He was spotted rising in Pittsburgh, in the form of baseball player Pedro Alvarez.

Christ's disguise may have fooled many, but not Pittsburgh Pirate fans—a strong and devout group of Catholics.

When Christ came to his first at bat, he received a standing ovation from the fans that decided to come watch the Pirates lose their 10th consecutive game.

The Pittsburgh media, upon hearing that Christ would be called up from the minors, asked God the ever-looming question: why the Pirates?

God's spokesman had this to say.

"The Pirates are a struggling team. The fans have prayed for nearly 18 years that the team will have at least one winning season in their lifetime. God decided that he will give his only son to the worst team in the MLB. He was deciding between the Pirates and the Nationals, but the Nationals broke one of the 10 Commandments by becoming polytheists and worshiping false prophets (Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg)."

Most enthusiastic, however, were his disciples Neil Walker and Jose Tabata, who were both ecstatic at his arrival.

"He's great," said Walker. "He's going to be the future of the team, and will lead us to salvation."

Alvarez even has his own sports drink: Jesus Juice: King of the Juice.

However, some are pessimistic about Christ's return.

Indians outfielder Pedro Cerrano has apparently decided that Jesus Christ cannot hit a curveball, and therefore won't be any good in the MLB.

"I ask Jo-bu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come. He help Pedro hit curveball."

Pirates manager John Russell decided to take time to comment on the situation.

"I'm really glad we have the opportunity to be graced by The Messiah's presence."

Pirates Andrew McCutchen and Ryan Doumit both explained how Alvarez isn't under any pressure.

"He cured the blind and sick. If he can handle that pressure, being king of the Jews, he can handle playing for the last-place Pirates."

When asked what he thought, principal owner Bob Nutting had this to say.

"He's a good fit for the team. Of course once he plays through his contract, we'll have to get rid of him. Standings? The only standings I care about is the payroll list. We might be last in the win-loss column, but the standings that count is payroll. If you're last, you're making money. Remember that kids."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/407616-jesus-christ-the-messiah-has-returned

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Just saw that the media is trying to get Anthony Davis to the Warriors for Draymond Green. Maybe Davis is the other bird Codman has been alluding to...... Hmmmm

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Batman, good to see you are still a fan.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Every minute of every day. I just don't post in the D&D anymore. :)

8. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

Rumors of a trade Sixers-Celtics involving Noel. Anyone?

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Some version of that rumor has been around for awhile. I saw something on the realgm boards, but haven't seen anything on the Marc Stein / Stephen A. Smith / Chris "Multiple Sauces" Broussard level.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Noel to Boston makes sense, they need a rim protector/rebounder, also, Noel is going to get paid next summer but his cap hold should be pretty low and Ainge will eventually have the chance to sign another top player (probably Hayward) before he gives Noel a big contract.

11. koby1868

koby1868 Member

This thread is a waste of time. No info just another thread of nothing. Same reason Paging CyberX failed miserably.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

with Cuzzins boogieing to GreenLand in a post-Oly trade? Don't think so.

After Boogs moves then so does Gay BTW.

13. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You do realize nothing is going to happen during the Olympics so there is nothing to report? Dumb question on my part. Of course you don't. You just popped on here in between X-Box games because your thumbs were tired:grin:

14. craguin

craguin Member

15. txn

txn Member

Havent been on for a while. Just curious, where is the Cyberx ? Isnt he our insider before? :grin:

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I think he got tired of the haters and trolls.

17. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He's fake

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Dave2000 said Cyberx is on vacation.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That explains the hold-up on DMo's big SnT for Rubio.

20. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I actually visit Clutchfans daily. Yes I do realize the Olympics are going on currently. Why would that prevent anything from happening. You don't think teams are still speaking to each other about deals, or that agents aren't trying to negotiate contracts? Dumb question on my part. Of course you don't. I don't play Xbox I'm a PlayStation guy personally.