1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I don't think the 7's have anything to do with jersey numbers.

"Slevin" came from the movie "Lucky Number Slevin." The movie is all about the Kansas City Shuffle. There are two Kansas Cities, one in Kansas and the other in Missouri (double).

Seven being lucky is in reference to the Boston Celtics. The four leaf clover is considered lucky.

"Especially doubled" is in reference to Marcus Morris (who plays for Boston) and his twin brother Markieff, who both played for Kansas.

"Kansas City Shuffle"

Morey is trying to trade for one of the two, or for both. I think they like what they see in Rivers and they're going for a SF/PF. Ironically, Marcus Morris compared his game to Melo (#7) when he came into the league, and has a double (Markieff). Both of their contracts are expiring after this season, and they most likely want to play on the same team again.

2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Cod always refers to the implosion in DC because it is coming. They made the Ariza trade to try and brace the dam but it didn't work. Locker room is toxic. They cannot move Mahinmi or Porter so they moved Oubre who they could not pay next year. Morris and Beal are the two main tradeable pieces they have to use. Morris would seem like our most likely target. Morris on Boston is about their most reliable player this year so he is going nowhere. Wall is just a mess. By far that is the most dysfunctional team and you can see it on the court. They play no D, they are not a team, and it is a shitshow. They gave up 150pts to the Suns. I believe the D knocks on Morris and Beal are strictly team oriented and not a reflection on them as players. I would put them at or slightly above average defenders. If your team just doesn't care, D is the first thing to go. They need to clean house.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Markieff Morris would fit out system perfect. Really the kind of player we need.

xiki and RyanB like this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

To my point. Buy-out players are not automatically going to a specific team at the team's desire but to the team of the player's desire. Mostly.

saleem likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

8.6M expiring contract. Next season UFA. I'm somewhat reluctant to offer a 1st rounder, but I'm okay at giving up a top 20 protected one. I won't be happy with an EG offer for him.

Y2JT likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt Rockets offer EG for Morris. A likely package could be Chriss, Melo and MCW plus a 2nd round pick. Hell, maybe even throw some cash to buy out Melo, although I would not be happy about losing cash since that's always valuable come draft day.

Washington is likely to lose Morris for nothing this summer anyways and with they way they are playing they might as well squeeze a 2nd round pick and some cash for him.

tycoonchip and saleem like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The 2020 2nd rounder could be useful. I do think other teams will offer the Wizards a bit more than this, even though they probably will low ball them. I'm okay with throwing in Hartenstein along with Chriss and the 2nd rounder as above to get the job done along with cash considerations if applicable. If they want MCW, I'm fine with that too.

ElPigto likes this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Bump! Let's get the juice rolling.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Paging @Codman :)

From 10/19:

Lamb waived

Eric Gordon Appreciation thread imminent?

Bucks, Celtics, Pacers, Clippers, Blazers are all teams underperforming right now. Which GM will get antsy and take Splash Gordon and his 49/56/81 torrid shooting splits right now for a 1st rounder?