1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He pointed to where he caught the ball, which is the correct spot because you are given forward progress, or you are supposed to. The point where he caught it is where the ball should have been spotted, not where he landed.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Forward progress doesn't exist until you establish possession. You don't establish possession until the catch is complete.

They don't call out-of-bounds catches based on "would've" landed anymore.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're simply wrong. If you catch the ball, and land in bounds, you are given forward progress where you caught the ball. C'mon man, I know you've seen enough football to know this.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Straight from the rule book

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I'll always love the Texans, and respect their grind and the work they put in but man this team just is hard to root for.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I think that's only enforced when you're extending your arm forward for a spot.

But if true, Mumphrey did catch it ahead of the line.

And if true, let that be yet another indictment of the coaching staff for not challenging..

I mean damn, we gotta deal with injuries, crap QB play, bad play-calling, and poor challenges.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

No way he was going to win that challenge. And in a close game, you gotta keep your time-outs.

8. toycannon

toycannon Member

One more win against the Titans is all we need!!

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

BoB hasn't earned any benefit of the doubt.

If called correctly, it's an easy call.

It's not a rule that really gets enforced.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

before we get crushed by Oakland.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's almost always enforced, but one of the hardest challenges to win is the spot of a ball.....I think we all remember how that goes after the Mexico City Screw Job.

Ah, just like the Texans were "crushed by Oakland" last time......oh wait.

Maybe Texans fans will show up to the game with laser pointers and paper airplanes and we'll get another one sided officiated game, but without those advantages, the Texans win that first game. You do know that right?

12. conquistador#11

agreed.

Going off on a tangent....
    I think since savage attracts every injury there is, I hope the Texans draft qb in the 3rd. On the int, only CJ ran a believable route. Hopkins kept his defender in that area. The beauty of a Kubes play action was that someone always dragged the middle of the field clearing out space.
    It's so much the entire offense, but it's hard to see for those people wanting brock to fail before the first snap ever happened. Prescott looked terrible when his line couldn't stop penetration, his receivers couldn't get open and the running game disappeared. The good news for the cowboys is that was just one bad game from their O-line and the receivers not most of the season like it's here.

Had Rivers been available,i'd have been down for that. it's a qb like him, borderline elite, that you can just give him the UGG offense and he'd be able to pick it up easily, even then he had a season where he was a pick fest waiting to happen. So offensive schemes and putting your qb in the best position really matters. The coaching staff dropped the ball by putting too much on brock from the get go. The Right side of the line is horrifying. Teams are giving deandre the George Karl zebra treatment. Play physical beyond 5 yards all game all game, they wouldn't dare throw the flag every time. It's not luck that brock's extremely accurate with TEs. They're the only ones that can get separation. we run maybe 2 pass plays to the rb when he should be the second security blanket like foster 2010.2011. I've always liked my qbs to be "game managers" and evolve into the offense.

Also, the 5 yard running into the kicker b.s. That defender had one thing on his mind. It was the 15 yd variety.

It's almost like people don't want to make the playoffs just to be correct. It really is easy as back to square one if brock doesn't progress, as his contract doesn't hinder and cush +jjo could come off the books to clear $. And we still win the division in the process. After having Manning in this division for what seemed a billion years, I don't complain about teams in the south not being smart with their investments.

I know Kool aid story, bro. =)

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I would love to put money on the Texans for this game.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Would love to see a rematch without a historically bad referee crew.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nope. They can lose their next two games, beat the Titans and finish 8-8. The Titans can finish 9-7 even with losing the last game to Houston.The Colts can win out and finish 9-7.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but realistically the Colts can't win out and the Titans aren't beating the Chiefs who are red hot right now. Even then, the best way to say it is the Texans have to win 2 more games to ensure they win the division. Any 2 will do.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And without a historically bad QB.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nope...any two won't do. While the Titan's may not beat the Chiefs, they can beat the Chiefs. A lot of folks thought they wouldn't beat the Broncos.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, any two will do, the Titans aren't beating the Chiefs. Beating the Chiefs is a LOT harder than beating the Broncos who are free falling right out of the playoffs entirely. In fact, I'd be willing to bet the Broncos lose out.