1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 6, 2016.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Anyone know why Weeden was the #2 yesterday and not Savage?
    And at home.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Savage has been using some dirty needles and has an infection in the elbow on his throwing arm.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's just not worth responding to you, yet too many of us do it anyway. The statement "any two will do" is factually incorrect. There is no denying that.

tierre_brown likes this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I would MUCH rather play the Raiders than the Chiefs in the playoffs.

Pen15clubber and TexasRedd like this.
  5. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

100% agree.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait around and find out if you want to disagree with me. At some point maybe you'll figure out that you shouldn't do so unless you really know what you are talking about.

Should be fun.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nope, the defense needs to play better. The oline needs to stop being garbage. The receivers need to sharpen their DB skills. And the DBs need to drop more of Brock's INTs. Osweiler is showing the world he's on Rogers' level. Only a rookie too!!

Mr. Clutch and Fulgore like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize that most of what you just said was true statements right? I mean, I know you were trying to be sarcastic, but it just doesn't work when you say true things. The defense does need to be better than they have been most of the season, it's why they won this week. The O line does need to stop being garbage. The receivers do need to sharpen their receiver skills so that they start getting open and they stop dropping passes that hit them in the hands.

Your short sighted focus on only criticizing Osweiler is not a good look. We all know Mr. Clutch is a simpleton, be better than him.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Could everybody play better?.... Sure

But we all know what the real problem is. You know too, but you're holding-on to some prediction you made months ago when Brock was acquired. The agenda was set long ago.

And don't forget those lucky drops by the DBs need to keep happening.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that they "could" play better, it's that they NEED to play better. The Texans have yet to lose a game where the defense has held the opposing team under 20 points, the team NEEDS that to continue. If the defense plays below average yesterday, the team loses that game. Thankfully they held on that last drive, that needs to continue.

The O line has been garbage all season long it NEEDS to be better.

The WR's have struggled to create separation or catch the ball when it hits them in the hands, that NEEDS to be better.

On top of that the QB play NEEDS to be better too, but it's not a more important factor than the other factors that require improvement and honestly it can't happen without the other factors improving. If WR's aren't getting open and aren't catching passes that hit them in the hands and the O line can't protect, there's not a lot ANY QB can do.

These aren't things that merely "could be better", they absolutely must happen. I know that it's really popular to spout short sighted and lazy analysis blaming everything on the QB, but let's be better than that. Let's show that we actually know football. I dunno, maybe I'm expecting too much.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

One thing that definitely needs to continue, is our opponents dropped-INT rate. Can't expect it to be any lower, but if it increases to league-average, we're doomed.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, well I tried treating you like an intelligent adult, but you just keep going out of your way to prove that was a mistake. Have a good day kiddo.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Texans secondary had some drops themselves.

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Texans secondary mostly misses deflected passes... tough plays. Brock's throws are right to defenders and they drop them.

Trust, we'll need more drops, because once luck runs out, the defense might quit. They currently hold up well until the 4th quarter when the Texans offensive inefficiency finally breaks their back.

#914 Houstunna, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

But Brock is the WORST relative to those other units.

Defense: Already good
    O-line: Below average, but not league worst
    WRs: Below average in drops, but not league worst
    QB: League worst, bottom 3 starting QB

So yes, it's fair that Brock takes most of the blame for this season. This guy got paid to come in here and be better than Brian Hoyer. He's not doing it.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The defense is right at league average....but was expected to be elite.

The O line is one of the worst in the NFL

The WR corps has been pretty terrible, lots of drops, not getting open. They were expected to be good, they aren't any good at all.

The QB was expected to be right around league average, and isn't.

All of those things have to be improved on.....but clearly the Texans have some "special" fans who don't realize that and instead prefer simple minded and lazy analysis and hot takes. It is what it is I guess.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again though, I get that I'm probably just expecting too much of people.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know that isn't true. We have a good team, but everyone knows it's not because of our QB. People like an exciting quarterback, and the most exciting thing about Brock is when he makes a pass over 5 yards and it's a completion. I've always thought Luck was overrated. He is always good for an interception or two, but is scary because he is a gunslinger. Sometimes it works in last minute drives, but our defense was all over him.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  19. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Every aspect on the team is above average except the QB, who is bottom 2 in the league.