1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I like the Jazz tonight too, will prob lock it in soon... did you know Jameer and David Lee were out when you bet ORL/GSW? I don't think the Jameer injury will affect ORL much, but the Lee injury could be big for GSW.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Don't think the 4 games in 5 nights will affect the Cavs much since they're a young team. I also thought they wouldn't be able to score last night against the Bulls, but they put up over 100. Maybe if I had gotten it at -2.5 I would play the Raptors, but at -5 I don't feel comfortable with that one.

The Wizards are a spread covering machine although most of their covers have come when they've been underdogs. However, they have home wins against quality teams and Detroit isn't a quality team. I'm willing to take the risk.

Also, for the Denver game, they're playing their 4th game in 6 nights against a Blazers team that plays well at home and has quality victories to prove it. All this combined with the Nuggets playing poorly on the road made me leave it alone. That game has trap written all over it. I wouldn't feel comfortable touching it.

I appreciate the feedback because I want this thread to be more than just people posting their picks and seeing who ends up being right or wrong. If we can get a dialogue and discussion going on which lines have value, I think that would be the most beneficial purpose of this thread. Good luck to you and everybody else with all their picks.

I may end up regretting these later on, but here are mine for tonight:

Wizards -7
    OKC -15
    2-team parlay: Rockets -8.5 and over 221 :eek:

Edit: Just found out that Nene isn't playing for Washington. I don't expect them to cover now. :(
    Raptors looking good though.

#102 Kwame, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Raps -5
    GSW +7.5

4. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

one of memphis strengths is offensive rebounding. I believe mavs rebound well.

5. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

Yep agree on the dialogue. Have you been betting a long time? You seem to have a good feel about "traps" etc... Most newbies just jump on all the trap lines and bet on the last game they saw the team play. IE... Chicago sucks because they lost to cleveland last night.

6. Kwame

Roughly for about 5 years primarily on the NBA and occasionally on other sports. I've become more active the last year and a half though. I do it mostly for fun. My bankroll is money I can afford to lose, which I hope is the case for everyone. I don't know if Gallinari is playing tonight, but hopefully Denver's quality depth is able to outlast the Blazers and their lack of a bench and cover that spread.

#106 Kwame, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Agree that this thread should be more than just posting picks, unfortunately, I usually don't have time to do any well-thought-out writeups/analysis on weekdays. I do enjoy reading everyone elses, though.

(3-1)
    DAL @ MEM -7.5
    ATL @ UTAH -4.5

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

FML, looks like Memphis is already a loss. Thru 1 quarter, down 38-19... Mavs shooting 75% (with no 3's!), and Memphis shooting 28%. Unreal.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

should have said bucks win, not just cover the spread.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

called this crappy game.

11. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Hawks won, GSW covered the spread hopefully Denver keep it up

12. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Today was a very weird day in basketball. Both college and nba. The dogs were barking loud today.

13. supermandan

supermandan Member

Georgetown had that game....miss free throw and a 3 pointer to tie the game at the end of regulation was bs!

14. Kwame

What a ****ty night. I hate late scratches after I've already locked in my bets. I never would have bet on the Wizards to cover without Nene. At least OKC did their job. 1-2 for me tonight. Rn_xw good call on Atlanta. They're playing well and the Jazz are playing like trash, but I hate betting against them in Utah cuz of the refs. Hopefully Denver covers for you guys. Overall record of 7-7-1... mediocrity at its finest.

Solid plays

15. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Yeah I know. When they were up 11 I felt confident because of their defense so I stopped checking up on it. Looked back and beginning of second overtime. Check back a couple minutes later, down 78 - 71. Wrote it off as a loss.

Bad thing is I had them on a 4 team parlay. And I didn't hit because of that hook. :(

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

****ing Miller can't make a FT

1-2 today
    Rockets +9 (L)
    Denver +2.5 (L)
    Dal/Mem Under 188 (W)

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Well, that sucked. Between the Rockets and my bets going 0-2, that was what I call a bloodbath. Would've been fine with the 0-2 if the Rockets didn't lose in such soul-crushing fashion. Oh well, on to the next one.

Anyone know the lines of the LAC-IND/MIN-LAL games yet? I don't see it on vegasinsider, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Guessing Indiana should be favored by at least 3, and the Lakers by at least 10? That sound about right?

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dogs are 8-1 ats tonight, with 6 of them winning outright inc a 16 point dog and an 8.5 pt dog.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/306983205825826816">February 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Make that 9-1 after Portland covered by the hook.

19. Kwame

That Denver game was absolutely brutal. They should have covered that spread. I don't know what's up with the Nuggets and their inability to hit free throws lately.

I haven't seen any lines for tomorrow other than Bulls -7 at home against Philly.

20. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Betting over on Denver has been the safest bet the past 20 games. They only had 3 unders in that period. With the Rockets' offense getting so much national attention, I think Denver is somehow overlooked.