1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nba.com]Adelman lacks vote of confidence from Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Article by Fran...

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/featur...rick-adelman-houston-rockets/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

1 person likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I freakin love the guy

and his honesty is way more real than the so called frankness of jvg.

3. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I sure hope Les comes to his senses and offers Rick an extension.

Just as this article, and a few others have stated, we're not going to find a better coach at this time.

4. Mooch

Mooch Member

so adelman seems like he wants to stay. Alexander better give him an extension

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Does any Rockets coach ever leave Les Alexander on good terms?

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

EXTEND THIS GUY

I don't think there's another coach in the NBA (available to us ) right now that can do a better job than him with this group.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Adelman has done a fantastic job and I would challenge anyone to make an intelligent case as to why the Rockets organization would be legitimately dissatisfied with what he has done here. In fact, Rick Adelman should be considered for coach of the year honors. And I for one will not be surprised if he wins it.

This is a great situation for all concerned. It takes several years to fully implement Adelman's brilliant offensive scheme, and it is hard to imagine that he is going to want to go somewhere else to start that process from scratch. And the Rockets are not going to get a better coach than the one they have.

I call BS on all of these rumors predicting that Adelman is going to be shown the door by the Rockets, or that he wants to leave. To the contrary, I expect Alexander and the Rockets to offer Adelman a new contract during the offseason, and for Adelman to accept the contract offer.

8. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

i agree on the RA love.. but what's with the jvg bash?

9. arjun

arjun Member

there is no coach out there that is better than rick...seriously

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Personally, I'm glad management hasn't overlooked what happened early in the year. Yes there was a lot of uncertainty, but Adelman couldn't establish an identity for the team. The defense deteriorated into an embarrassing low. Then he couldn't get any consistency out of the group until after the all-star break (trade rumors affecting focus). That's all on him IMO. I'd give him a 1yr extension the way things look right now. Nothing more.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

because i think its ridiculous that some people want him back

have no problem with jvg's coaching, i just think he is kind of fake

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

My real complaint with him is that the GM has to force him to play the better players on the squad by trading away his security blanket players who he trusts but who don't deliver on the court.

Make no mistake, all this winning lately is because Lowry is getting more minutes and Brooks is gone, Bud has blossomed in his new role and Patterson is now getting a chance to play.

I find it hilarious that he, in so many words, blasts the GM and ownership for making moves that are not "for basketball reasons" and how he has to deal witht those horrible moves yet the team is much better for those moves and not his coaching.

2 people like this.
  13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

we wouldn't be where we are without rick, we'd probably be stuck with a record like detroit

RESIGN HIM ASAP!

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

that's probably a legitimate concern, but at the same time he didn't play aaron that much causing a rift. on battier, i don't know what to say, seems the entire organization was enamored with him. i don't think the move was to force him to play the younger guys

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't trust Adelman because of his blind love for his fav players. AB, Battier, Miller and even Martin sometimes.

He's a great coach but his late game play calling sucks. His late game rotations are suspect and he refuses to let the players who are hot stay in late in games (Last Game with Pat was the only time he let a bench player finish).

If he's not here next year I'll be ok because I trust Morey to find a good young coach with updside.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

To much smoke, Adelman is done. I'm okay with going this route but I don't want a Marc Iavaroni type, if they want new blood then make it NEW BLOOD.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I like a lot of people thought coach adleman might want out given our purgatory like status and his age.

But if he really wants to keep at it here he has more than earned that right. He ha done a really good job with this squad for 2 years now. Lots of injuries and moving parts and we've still remained competitive.

Having said that, he deserves the same treatment the players get, no extensions until the offseason.

18. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

This is how exactly feel about Adelman. I would disagree about your last statement, his style of play has a lot to do with a lot of our players playing well. I would certainly question his judgement on what player should be getting more playing time.

19. AggieRocketsFan

How is it all on Adelman for the trade rumors affecting the team's focus? This was going on all year and the Rockets were predicted at the beginning of the year that they would be one of the most active teams on the trade front. Kind of hard to establish an identity until the players are comfortable with knowing their future.

Nuggets are a perfect example of this. They never established an identity until Melo was gone. They lost 29 games before the all-star break when they only lost 25 in the whole previous year! Guess what, George Karl still got an extension.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

So true. And Adelman simply can't be on good terms with the front office at this point. He's been soaking Toyota Center with his piss and vinegar over the trades.

That said, I can't blame him when he keeps getting handed garbage like Williams and Thabeet.