1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey -- acquire an actual center like Marc Gasol or Enes Kanter !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Jan 21, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His contract confuses me. He signed a 27 million dollar 2 year contract but he's only paid 8.5 million last year and like 7.8 million this year. Where's the additional 11 mil?

How's the book coming along?

Codman likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great info as always. Thanks. Vonleh can give quite a lot of bang for the buck despite not being a shooter. I was hoping DM would be interested in him. Miles is taller and can give some defense. I would be okay with that.

Batum is sucking big time now. He is barely a buyout candidate with his anemic performance, despite his skill set. JJ is someone who I have always liked, barring this year. I still think we need a taller star than Beal and a tough guy to protect the paint plus a healthy Clint and an in form CP3 to go to the top of the mountain. I would rather have Bullock than Ellington, but it's obvious that the latter is on the way out.

Codman likes this.
  3. saleem

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

IBTDickheads naysay you.

Thanks for the info, Cod, and stay well.

5. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Can you or anyone please tell me what Decrease the Drop means? I know you have to keep some things deliberately obscure, but I somehow doubt whatever that is referring to is a matter of national security. What does that mean?

6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Less Playmaking/ Scoring pressure on Harden/CP3

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I think it means we were looking for a superstar but now we are looking for solid role players instead

chievous minniefield likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

9. saleem

You're welcome don. I always look forward to your posts.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

+1 for @CHI also mentioning this. I don't see it happening, BUT Beal is the type of talent you can throw the kitchen sink in.

baller4life315 and D-rock like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This entire post is premium! Thanks @Codman! Get well!

baller4life315, D-rock and saleem like this.
  12. Senator

Senator Member

How much do you blame fatboy Morey for paying Paul $40 mil a year instead of $30 mil, and how much do you blame Til?

The Rockets can try to upgrade their 13 SF's a bit here and there, but ultimately you have to deal with mismatches in the playoffs and Capela alone isn't enough.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's a kind of "last resort" type trade to move Chriss' expiring for some wing help. Doesn't move the needle all that much but it at least gets a more useful player under team control.

14. Senator

Senator Member

Faried is more of the same old. Keep fitting cheap round pegs into a square hole and the leaks won’t stop.

Put down the triple queso enchilada morey and make the trade for a Gasol. Not only would they not have lost against the pelicans, but they’d be much better positioned for the playoffs with a healthy Clint and Gasol. Your constant fantasy gm Russian roulette incompetence is costing harden his prime.

15. Senator

Senator Member

DeAndre Jordan available for free soon - incentive for him to be able to compete for a championship.

Roadblock would be grudge with Paul.

16. Senator

Senator Member

The mistake that could doom the Rockets in the playoffs

Knew the Rockets needed a big man to get over the hump

Not more bench player SF's

You have to give the mvp the best chance to win during his prime, this was glaring over site

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Kanter was not going to help. One ****ing loss doesn't mean we needed Kanter lol.

It's not like Kanter would have actually played here at all.

TheRealAllpro and roslolian like this.
  18. dwhite

dwhite Member

This is 100% wrong....Senator is the only one on this site who “gets it”. Everyone should read his posts. Capela, who is a great player against most of today’s centers, was pushed around like a little girl by Cousins. We had no adjustment and it won’t get any prettier when Durant returns and Capela will be on an Island. Morey’s disrespect for years at getting a traditional “big” to be a backup has cost us dearly. GS has a different philosophy (even got old man Bogut back) and it has delivered them championships. They add Cousins, we add Shumpert.....huge advantage Warriors. Game over for 2019 Rockets.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Your friend, @Senator , advocated for the Rockets to acquire Enes Kanter because, for some reason, he/she thinks he is a "functioning big". Kanter has logged 8 games where his +/- are minuses and the lone plus game was against Phoenix. This is also going up against the other team's 2nd units.

Do we need better play at the 5 behind Clint? Absolutely but including Enes Kanter in an argument for needing better play at the 5 should automatically discredit you and your thread.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think the senator might have reached his term limit.

don grahamleone likes this.