1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey -- acquire an actual center like Marc Gasol or Enes Kanter !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Senator

Senator Member

The Grizz are stockpiling firsts. They can't sign a big name FA next year, nor do they have any intention of doing so, because they will build around Jackson and wait for Parsons contract to expire. Parsons expires in 2020 ... they don't have flexibility before that. They would be happy to hit the minimum cap next year with Knight's contract if it gets them 1 or 2 picks, and it's still 10 million less than what they would pay Gasol.

The market just isn't that great for Gasol. It isn't that great for late 1st rounders either. This is a trade that helps both teams out, especially if Gasol can take a pay cut in the future to go deep in the playoffs. You are insane if you want to run Harden to death every game with or without Capela and Paul. Gasol is needed not only as insurance, but a savvy veteran who brings it against big teams. If Capela gets in foul trouble against Cousins or Adams, what do you do? Nene should be retired.

If I am not insider enough for you, read the Memphis news. Morey needs to "get it", and yes, Paul held this team ransom and then some considering his injury history .. and what more accomplished stars have done, plus the fact he's already made 200 million in his career and decided to talk about titles. Can't root for clowns who are all talk ..

2. xaos

xaos Member

He's really showing his value against us today

3. Senator

Senator Member

You don't get it. Gilbert signed a ton of players going all in. Morey , doesn't have a pair , so he overpaid Paul by 10 mil a year, then let Tillman save a few thousand by not resigning House. It's a chain effect and in no way is Tillman going close to all in.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I still think we need a backup big guy. What if Capela gets injured again or is in foul trouble.

5. Senator

Senator Member

Thon also available

Wake up Morey

Not every team presents an ideL situation of 6’8 sfs like raptors

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thon is not a game changer. His rebounding is very poor.

7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

He sounds crazy but dude has a point in going after Gasol if you’re Morey.
    Y’all remember when Morey was going after Brook Lopez but was eventually dealt to LA?
    Gasol is a better player and defender along with a bruiser. His contract is easily movable at the end of the season and coulda easily be used against teams like Utah, OKC, LA, & POR. Yea he may not be the best option against GS but he can help you get there.

8. Senator

Senator Member

No one is getting a game changer for the 27th pick and Knight. What you need is size and athleticism to counter the Cousins and endless easy buckets for guards. Nene is a retiree. Capela is 1 guy where anything (foul trouble, injury, suspension) can alter the dynamic, so you need another option.

9. Senator

Senator Member

GSG has Cousins...

10. saleem

Certainly, but can Thon be that option? He does bring some spacing and shot blocking, but I don't think the Rockets should give up a 1st rounder for him, simply because he doesn't play well enough for his height and length.

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Whatever big, or undersized big for that matter in which Morey wants has to at the very least meet a certain criteria. That criteria is having the capability to switch.. Someone who can switch has to have the ability to guard guards to some degree as that is an inevitable occurrence. A Enes Kanter and a Marc Gasol do not fit the Morey criteria, they can not switch like that on the defensive end.

Thats the cold hard truth, deal with it.

Morey doesn't want them

D-rock likes this.
  12. Garner

Garner Member

This such a silly and out of touch post.

you want a real center like Enes fcking Kanter. gtfo.

You're clearly not paying attention to Gasol, either.

13. jb86

jb86 Member

I think if we were to get Gasol, he would bring toughness, rebounding, and some scoring too. But we have to be strategic about Gasol on the court. Pick and pops should do the trick. Most of all having him would make me feel like we could have a possible match for Boogie Cousin.

14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

That true, Gasol on Cousins works but GS would ISO TF outta him with Curry and KD.

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

none of these guys are worth giving up a 1st rd pick tbh.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Or....you look down the bench and see Mr. J.Green.

He would be a difference maker on both sides...and a younger Trevor Ariza. EVERYONE is calling for him now, more than Marc and the most over-paid guard in NBA history.

Don't forget Boston. Guys want out. BeanDip .

#DecreaseTheDrop

18. saleem

Oh cool, I just asked you what's out on the streets in the Thon thread. Is Angie gonna trade with Morey? That's a tough one for me. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Memphis traded JaMychael, but they could retain him too, if he plays strongly down the stretch. I'm interested in knowing if Vonleh, Prince or Bullock are likely to be moved. I know Prince's name is out there quite often, and there is interest in Vonleh too.

Faried is playing well as a backup center. Vonleh would be a good 4.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Vonleh is in a lot of chatter, but I don't hear much from the Rockets' side. He's a 4 who cannot shoot. We already have tweeners who cannot shoot (Hi, Ennis)

Prince is available, but ATL is asking for A LOT. They think his value is high, but that team is done. Rebuilding. Plumlee is a target, and Vince is already seeking a way out/buy-out according to his agent. (I only know that because I know VC's team)

The only mention of ATL moves related to Houston is Justin Anderson. He's a tough guy on defense and Morey knows we need some stoppers. That would be an easy switch, but again, nothing imminent.

All I keep hearing from many Ears is that Morey is prepared to bring in difference makers to #decreasethedrop and I've heard a ton of chatter related to Boston, Miami (again...Ellington and JJ), Grizz (Green (please!) and Temple) and Charlotte( Martian, Willy Lamb.) Charlotte will make a big trade if a team takes Bismack or Batum off their books.

Personally, if Morey could find a third team, I'd take a look at Batum. Injured yes, but they guy can still play. Park has told "my friend" that Vets are bored...waiting for a trade to a contender. Yes, #Freebirds.

If Morey makes a move with 4 picks and fillers for an all-star, I'm not surprised. This is the window.

But, again I stand by the guys I mentioned from the beginning and in my sig, it's about #decreasingthedrop and going in for the kill when the playoffs come. We just need a little depth, another version of SweetLou, and we'll be right there.

Also, Melo is going to push to LA, with a little help from his (Friend). And, don't be surprised if LeBron pushes the youngins out to bring in some tested talent.

#Wildcard mention to me: Rumor of the Rox sending all those picks to Wash, with fillers (expiring) for Beal. I'm only mentioning the text. But if true, that takes us over the top IMO.

*Again, sharing what is shared with me. Respect to Cyber for his intel.

XO

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

This supports what @CHI heard too about WAS offering Beal/Wall (packaged w/Ariza) to HOU.

Thanks Cod!!

Codman and whiskeyred like this.