1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey -- acquire an actual center like Marc Gasol or Enes Kanter !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Jan 21, 2019.

1. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

DaDakota likes this.
  2. Zergling

Zergling Member

What's sad is Hartenstein would've been a great backup big and instead we're shooting ourselves in the foot by thinking Faried can guard Cousins.

Our 1 home win against the Warriors, Hartenstein (and Clark) were great. What a shame they didn't get more opportunities

deb4rockets and DaDakota like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure how u can take anything from that home win against GS...they didn’t have Curry, Cousins wasn’t playing, and that was the game right after KD and Draymond got into that altercation...that game should be thrown out AFAIC

Invisible Fan and Zoplicone like this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I swear to god if Nene wasn't already on the team someone would be ripping Morey about it.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I assumed the person I quoted meant out of all possible weaknesses frontcourt depth would be our downfall. I disagreed because if what we saw in last year's post season is an indicator, Clint can hold his own just fine against KAT and Gobert.

6. dwhite

dwhite Member

I did....we were abused by the center position.

7. Senator

Senator Member

You are trying way too hard
    Kanter still has a +20 PER.

Gasol was had for nothing and is a competent defender against big men like Cousins, who I implicitly pointed out as a problem.

Deandre Jordan could have been pursued for a late 1st.

Options were there all over the place, but Morey didn't have the vision to see beyond ... more mediocre SF's. Harden's prime won't last forever, killer instinct the difference between real winners and fantasy GMs.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think a Pascal Siakam type is better than those mentioned above.

Faried should get limited minutes against the best.

People always think Center first but it's the PF spot that is essential, preferably a PF/C hybrid but I take Siakam lite.

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Hopefully we just were shell shocked that Cousins was beasting and can better scheme next time. However, the combo of Draymond/Cousins/Looney is a bit concerning.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Add Bogut in spare minutes.

Little Bit and deb4rockets like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

And you're not trying hard enough. Using PER? Really? In 2019 when there's more data to analyze and get a better depiction of the overall player than just a flawed metric that doesn't account for a player's atrocious defense?

Lol I'm not even going to go into this mess but the last comment I'll make is please continue to assume Morey knows nothing and that you're somehow more equipped at understanding or even being an NBA GM. Lol "Enes Kanter's PER is 20 so he must be good" lol Christ.

Reeko, YOLO and ElPigto like this.
  12. HROZ

HROZ Member

Haven't read the thread. Just the OP .

Marc Gasol would be good but what would we have given up to acquire him.

Kanter is unplayable in the playoffs don't be ridiculous.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They'll throw him in just to whack a few guys and not worry about any fouls he gets.

topfive and daywalker02 like this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Some people are just suckers for whatever the media feeds them as narrative. Capela can guard Cousins better than Cousins can guard Capela. We will win that match up in the beginning of a series, and Kerr will start benching Cousins early with Draymond sliding to the 5.

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hope you are right. I think 15 minutes of Nene will work, too as Cousins with his now non-existent lift is one of the few centers Nene can best athletically.

Mathloom and BaselineFade like this.
  16. dwhite

dwhite Member

Dream on....Capela has always struggled with Cousins. Rare bad matchup for him. Our GM should have realized this and taken action to eliminate this huge advantage for GS.

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

OP gets award for worst thread creator of the year. This is one of 20 cracked out messes.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

The good ole PER folks. Generally the ones that use it as their lone basis, have no clue its one of the worst out there. something that subjectively assigns values to different measurement stats like points and rebounds then does math to arrive at a number. there's no inherent validity to the original values

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Games are games...it clearly was no fluke, given that Rockets won both times in GS.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

GS didn’t have Curry, Boogie, and was going through major drama. That 1st game against them is irrelevant. There’s was nothing to take away from a game like that.