1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey -- acquire an actual center like Marc Gasol or Enes Kanter !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Jan 21, 2019.

1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Don't get your hopes up. We only have assets for a Jordan Hamilton type move.

2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think they need Cp3, we may get his Conley and Gasol together, I don't think it can beat worriers

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Should have given Bruno a chance.

4. noppeper

noppeper Member

Something tells me Gasol will fetch a lot more than some are thinking. I don't think he is washed at all, just unmotivated; something that seems to run in the family.

I doubt we can land him unless we give a significant piece (such as Capela), but if we could (or would), just like Nene was a great fit before age and injuries impalled him, Gasol would do great in this system. He's a great defender, rebounder and can hit from the outside, which means we will have 5 shooters on the court...and he will get a lot open looks...

Now Kanter, ugh, no way.

5. Senator

Senator Member

Gasol won’t cost you an arm and leg, he’s older than Paul and has a big player option he can pick up for next year. I would absolutely trade 2 late 1sts for him ( they have no value in this league ), with an understanding on how big he expects his next contract to be.

Rockets are in a bad position because morey paid an old, injury prone Chris Paul 40 mil per year. A guy who already made over 200 mil in his career and wanted to “win”. Think of all the million moves morey makes, they don’t pan out, and now you think they can let a guy like Gasol slide.?

If dan Gilbert can go all in without a guarantee of Lebron returning , you better hope Tillman stops playing around with nbdl contracts and morey is able to get 1 of his 100 transactions a year right.

6. Senator

Senator Member

I haven’t listed any big man who will cost the rockets a lot. These are very doable if Tillman was half the owner Gilbert is.

7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

They cost more than you think. Teams don't just straight up salary dump their starters. Maybe if we were the only other team in the league we'd have a chance. They want young players or valuable picks and we have neither. In another thread I listed every player taken 20-30 in the last 3 years and only 3 were rotation players so our picks aren't really worth much.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did this dude just say acquire Enes Kanter? Lol, c’mon man, really?

We need wing depth, and that’s where the rest of our assets should be going towards. How are u gonna waste them on Gasol when u have Capela coming back in a few weeks? Harden can keep us afloat until he returns.

RocketsMAN! and ROXTXIA like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would take Gasol for Knight, Chriss, Ennis, and would probably throw in some pick as well.

Gasol is not very athletic, but he can still rebound and actually shoot threes.

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Put yourself in the shoes of a Grizzlies fan. How soon after that trade happens are you reviving(you probably already have one) your "Fire Chris Wallace" online petition?

saleem likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yep, after a buyout.:)

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. saleem

For a 10 day contract, he would have been all right. He is improving slowly, but he has a long way to go.

D-rock likes this.
  13. saleem

It looks like he has traveled around the world a bit too much.:)

14. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

15. biff17

biff17 Member

Stop Trolling.

16. biff17

biff17 Member

Did you just prop Gilbert from going all in and then crap on Tillman for doing the same thing with Paul.

STOP TROLLING!

Nook likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Capela coming back in a few weeks"?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeey*************t. I wish.

A 4/5 taller than 6'8" would be nice. Gasol, though, is too expensive and a starter in his own right, so yeah, he isn't on our radar.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Gasol has more value if he is willing to pick up his option, otherwise he is just a rental.

The Rockets are not in a bad situation because Paul was resigned, he is the key to getting far in the playoffs and is still an elite level player when he is playing. Further, the Rockets were not going to have any cap space with or without Paul.

How do you plan on getting enough salary to take on Gasol's $23,000,000 in a trade. Are you trading Capela, Harden or Paul? Because I know you aren't dumb enough to think that Brandon Knight and two #1's is going to get you Gasol..... especially for a team like the Grizz, that is trying to shave future salary obligations.

So what does that leave you with? Knight and three #1's? That is what the Rockets offered for Butler. Do you really think the Rockets will do that for a 34 year old center that can be a free agent?

Defensively, do you think that Gasol can guard on the perimeter? Do you plan on turning Gasol into a 3 point shooter? Do you really think the Rockets would give him post touches?

19. mathor

mathor Member

20. biff17

biff17 Member

How does that make this team better?

Do you think Gasol is a upgrade to Capela?

D-rock likes this.