1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Do you guys now realize the true reason behind why Lin always looks to pass instead of taking his own shots even when he is wide open? People here always say he needs to be aggressive. Really?

Harden is efficient but not every one is like that. Not even Kobe and Carmelo or even Lebron. Harden is also in his 4th year having played more than 8000 minutes, while Lin is practically only rookie/sophomore with just 3000 minutes played.

I like McHale but just not sure he is the right coach for Jeremy.

2. pnr

pnr Member

Jeremy is the epitome of an unselfish player. I want to believe mchales comments are taken out of context but the implications of it is just wrong.

3. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

I just friggin twitter Morey, copied Lin to ask McHale why he called Lin out as selfish.

"http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/bondy-deron-health-p-pins-needles-article-1.1271479. Please ask McHale why did he call Lin a selfish player who is looking out for his pts over wins"

LoL. fua McFail

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

plus as I said, he picks one everyone. He even shouts at TIm Duncan, you ever see McHale go off on Harden? Nope....that plus Pop knows what he's doing and Parker listens because Pop already had a ring when he showed up.

What has McHale done in his coaching career?? That's like saying Phil Jackson stays chill and the team wins so if McHale stays chill and makes his team meditate they'd win more, it's ridiculous. McHale is no Phil Jackson, or Pop.

5. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

He has never called out any of his player as selfish. Another point, go watch McHale's interview after the Thunder game, he didn't mention Lin ONCE! on how well he played. Go watch the interview again.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

McHale really believes this team has a better chance of winning if Lin scored 12 points with 2 turnovers as opposed to 29 with 7-8 to's?? Get that noise out of here.

7. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I don't mind McHale calling out Lin for committing some dumb TOs or forcing the issue. Now if he'll only call out Parsons or Delfino or even Harden for doing the same thing.

8. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

There is no out of context, McHale meant it otherwise he would not have brought up the 29 points. This is such BS coming from a coach. Lin needs to go after this season.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He has definitely called out Harden for dribbling into a crowd.

10. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

calling out for TOs is different than saying, Lin would rather score 29 points than take care of the ball. That is such calling someone out for being selfish.

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You are talking about credibility and legacy when it comes to coaching. Yes, players have to respect that.

But the problem with McHale's comment is totally different. I don't think Lin is a saint or something, he could well be the selfish player described by McHale. But McHale should never call him out in an interview, never. You just don't do that. There's no way we can verify whether he said is true or not thats why this kind of comments are very demoralizing, it should not have leaked out to any sort of media to begin with.

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Well the way you worded it, "PLus the only reason he's effective is because by the time Parker showed up Pop already had a ring", it sounds like youre saying he was only good because pop already won something. (yes I know you said he was picked on in the first sentence)

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Lin has said in interviews that his style of play is going to result in some turnovers. Lin has also said he needs to eliminate the stupid ones, like jumping in traffic and having nowhere to go with the ball.

If McHale and Lin are in agreement on both parts of that, which is what I assume is true, then I don't think there is any problem. If McHale also objects to Lin's style of play, that would be a serious problem. I don't think Lin would be more than an average point guard if crammed into that small a box.

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I have a feeling Morey already knows about what his team says..

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lin knows what he's doing wrong and coach is just telling it like it is.

It's not like McHale is telling him trough the media.

16. trock

trock Member

I don't mind it either way really. Lin does need to protect the ball better as a PG and if that's all he said, that's cool. I just don't get how you're going to suggest Lin is so focused on getting his 29 pts that he doesn't mind getting 9 TOs and he has to be reminded the team is trying to win. Sounds pretty douchey.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

McHale should be fired

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Is another part of the theory that Mchale hates Lin? :rolleyes:

19. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Stop it, no one is saying McFail should not call Lin out on the TOs, but to say Lin would rather score 29 points than take care of the ball and win? WTF?! Seriously? All the paranoia by LOFs about McFail is not too far fetched now, is it?

1 person likes this.
  20. rocketblood713

if his team slips out the playoffs he will so you gonna have start rooting for some losses