1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I find it funny how some people get so worked up over a single sentence.

2. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

On a related point, everytime Jeremy Lin scoring 25+ in a game, his team has an extremely high win percent, regardless of his TOs. So McHale, fua u.

3. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Well, first of all where does his "..and 9TO's" thing comes from? Ok if he shot more in the OKC game then he's being told to, he still only had 3 TOs, not too bad for playing against title contenders.

He's making it sound like he's so aggressively trying to get his points, it's putting the team in danger of losing, when I think a lot of us actually think the total opposite.

There's been times he's been shooting well, and instead of taking another easier shot close at the rim, he'd rather try and pull some pass out of his ass that's NOT there, or simply still pass up open shots.

This. Are they really trying to change Lin's game that much? Why? Having him doubt himself about taking a shot or not because he doesnt want to be selfish is just gonna result in a TO.

This is why he confuses me, he's been doing real good as of late and then makes this comment :confused:
    He's as inconsistent as our young team. :p

1 person likes this.
  4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Lol true rockets fans right here! Rather root for some loses and miss than playoffs just so we can get rid of a coach. Yeah guys I hope we lose!

5. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

I have never seen a coach calling one of his player selfish in a public forum like this. NEVER.

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

The 9 TOs thing is just an exaggeration to make a point.

7. grauser01

grauser01 Member

So McHale doesn't Lin to be aggressiv. But if Lin doesn't score because of being passive McHale benches him for a long time ...

Now I am really irritated ...

8. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

no sht, yes to make a point that Lin is looking out for his points at the expense of TOs.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Clearly disguised as a topic to draw out lofs :p

10. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

most LOFs ain't hiding, the only ones hiding are LOHs.

11. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

case in point McHale.

12. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

I say, go tweet Lin and Morey about this. Seriously, Lin needs to go.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. I guess you just started watching the NBA?

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

It's like luring them them with bait to make them all gather in one place, dangerous stuff. 100 pages.

15. trock

trock Member

Actually, as someone who doesn't consider himself a LOF, I'd be just as confused about the comment if it was made about Harden which, let's be honest, it could be.

LOFs are what they are and it's pretty straightforward. What I find interesting are the 'Rockets fans' who seem to act like Lin is on another team altogether.

1 person likes this.
  16. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Can people stop comparing Pop to Parker vs McHale to Lin? Pop himself drafted Parker when Parker was only 19 years old. Pop basically treats Parker as if he was his son and Parker spent weekends with Pop family all the time. Yes, Pop treated Parker very hard when Parker had everything to learn, but that is true tough love from a father figure. Can you honestly say that McHale's relationship with Lin is to that level? We don't even know if Lin was McHale's preferred choice at PG. Some vet posters commented before that Gogi was McHale's guy.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think McHale hates Lin and I don't think there is any conspiracy there like some extreme LOF suggested. Lin sure has a long way to go to be a very good PG and McHale has every right to point out Lin's game flaws. But comparing McHale/Lin to Pop/Parker is just laughable.

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Wtf is McHale talking about, Lin's 5 best scoring games this season where he's scored 29, 28, 22, 22 and 38, his turnovers for those games were 3, 2, 1, 4 and 2.

Let him handle the ball and play point guard please, Beverly should play the Mario Chalmers role, not Lin.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

19. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Calling out his players for looking to score at the expense of winning? I haven't read a coach call his player out on that, no. Link? or gtfo

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

i meant his screaming works because by the time Parker showed up he probably though "ohh man i have to listen to pop, he know what he's talking about. He already won a ring.....ohh man there he goes screaming at Timmy again!"

meanwhile McHale goes off on Lin and that's coming from where? What success has McHAle ever had in his coaching career for a player take his advice? Yes he's a hall of fame PF, but what does McHale know about being a point guard?