1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Who says all I talk about is Lin? Oh and some of you guys do talk about the team positively and negatively, Lin gets the positive comments while the rest of the team gets the negative comments, Yeah ok, this is coming from a guy that has posted over 220 times (at least 40% of your entire posts) in one thread. No point in arguing this, it's stupid and pointless.

2. BayMind

BayMind Rookie

The Rockets lose 2/3 of their games when Harden has 3+ turnovers, whereas the Rockets win 2/3 of their games when Lin has 3+ turnovers. The turnover number means a lot more since Harden tends to pad his assist stats in blowouts.

3. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

You seriously have 90% of your posts talking to Lin fans, go check it.

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

lol, we can use these stupid stats and draw stupid conclusions all day if you want. We are 5-1 when Beverly has 9+ points. So we should be using Beverly more. We are 7-1 when Parsons has 6+ assists. So Parson's should be playmaking more than Lin.

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lol there is a double standard with Jeremy Lin. He always has to prove himself more than others. It makes me sad that even Houston Rocket fans hold Lin to that double standard. If Lin does it for 25 games, "it's a small sample size and he's a fluke" but apparently it's not a small sample size for Patrick Beverley.

And then there is the dumb and ignorant "well.. Asik...why isn't there a thread about double standards and Turks?!" argument. Assessment is completely different with big men and PG's. No one gives a damn if you "don't look the part" if you're a 7 footer.

It makes me sad that some people try to brush it off like there absolutely no possible chance that Lin could be judge differently because of his race, even from his own fans. This country has a "oh he's just a non-threatening Asian, he ain't gonna do ****, so who cares, let's move on" mentality. Which is why Lin faced racism from the away crowds in college and the hateful and derogatory slurs on Lin's facebook page went unnoticed. Imagine the scrutiny if Lin was black and someone from the away crowd dropped the n-bomb.

Look, I don't think McHale is a racist and can't even say that his coaching assessment is even clouded when it comes to Jeremy Lin because of his face or holds a double standard, but some of the simple minded folks in our fanbase makes me ashamed.

To all the Asians on this board, whether you're a big Lin fan or not, any time someone refers to you as a "chink" or "chinaman" or tells you "to eat dog" "or even mocks your language with the whole "ching-chong-chang" non-sense, and you're not ok with it, stand up for yourself and speak up. Sure, you'll probably be outnumbered and good chance you'll just get laughed at more, but don't let that discourage you, one day minorities will be taken more seriously. And to all this Asians on this board, if even saying those derogatory terms to prove my point was offensive, I apologize for that.

/rant

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

90%? Really? I posted more than 10% of my posts before lin even became a rocket. Like usual you think you know everything. Nice try though

7. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Forum too quiet, here is another guy who is tracking the McHale/Lin dynamic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAowVqR9eVE

I do agree, yes sure McHale said team instead of Lin, but something about Lin or mention of Lin that just ticks this guy off.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude, Yao Ming spent his entire career on the Rockets. THE ROCKETS ARE THE MOST ASIAN-FRIENDLY TEAM.

Rockets fans have no problem with Asians. Maybe that's why THE ROCKETS PAID LIN MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM.

You think the team of Yao Ming and Jeremy Lin is anti-Asian. . . . Does that make sense to you?

Too bad you were not here on the board throughout Yao's career. I started following the Rockets because of Yao in 2002. And I lived in China for nine years, and I speak Chinese. Am I pro-Asian enough for you yet? How's your Chinese? Mine is better than Jeremy Lin's. So I'll say whatever I want, OK? And quit whining about racism on THE MOST PRO-ASIAN TEAM IN THE NBA.

Stop and think for a second.

1 person likes this.
  9. Arthurprescott2

Come on, man. Don't impose your own issues w/ racism into this. You don't know and can't assume what another person's perspective is.

Also, this is the Internet. if you wanted coherent, logical arguments/criticisms, probably not the right place to look for it (maybe 1 out of 100 posts are worth reading).

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

The deal that the Rockets gave Lin is the same deal that Toronto, Dallas & I believe LA was going to give him if the Knicks hadn't Sasha Pavloviched him. Rockets being asian friendly has nothing to do with his deal. Lin fell in a unique status of free agency. 25 million & 40 million were the only two offers he could have gotten.

1 person likes this.
  11. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

When the hell did I ever say the Rockets had a problem with Asians? Don't put such blasphemy in my mouth please lol.

You can't deny there is a double standard with Lin from a lot of fans.

And yeah, I get the the whole internet thing, I was drunk, don't mind me, it was time for me to go home. :)

12. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

And when the hell did I ever say the Rockets had a problem with Asians or that the team was anti-Asian. Dude, don't put such garbage in my mouth lol.

What I said was a lot of our fans, which is evident on the board, hold Lin to a double standard, that doesn't mean anyone is anti-Asian, it means that history is just repeating itself where Lin's race plays a big role in a lot of the doubt because it's harder for an Asian guard to pass one's eye test. Doesn't mean anyone is anti-Asian, dude. Stop and think for a second.