1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Out 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HipHopSince1981, Jan 12, 2009.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i also feel the team will be fine without mcgrady...especially mcgrady in his current state. but we do need artest back asap because wafer isn't going to maintain this hot streak once teams start to key in on his weaknesses.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Weaknesses? The VO-Hawk has no weaknesses !!!

DD

3. brush

brush Contributing Member

A good move for T-mac and Rockets.

4. flyguy2000

flyguy2000 Member

maybe Tmac and Artest are going to promote a rap album so they need this time off??? LOL

5. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as long as tmac works hard, gets his head straight, decides he wants to be apart of the team, and comes back with the ability to dunk a basketball, it'll be ok.
    if he comes back out of shape and still wants to dominate the ball to get his shots up, nothing will change. it'll be interesting to see what happens.
    i'm going to be rooting my arse off for the team and especially von fire.

6. rocketsmetalspd

He can request to take the time off to rest his sore knee and if he is still in H-Town that is what he should do.

7. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

yup we dont need a 3d Grady to guarantee a loss :D

8. jackeyok2

jackeyok2 Member

I admire you give your all heart to this franchisee as a fans.

TO me,it looks like you are going to the dark side.

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I don't effin get it. Based on the last 2 games I saw, and I was watching T-Mac very closely, he seemed to be moving better out there. To me it looked like he was improving physically.

10. ibm

ibm Member

in yao we MAY have a future, no matter how bright that may be.

in mcgrady or a mcgrady+artest, the chances for us having a "future" is near zero.

i don't believe this artest for 1 week and mcgrady for 2 development only means what it reads on paper. it feels like a start of a series of moves. i have no idea where the team is headed or what morey/adelman have in their minds, but feel very itchy to know.

11. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Agreed!!!

12. carib

carib Member

The time off maybe better for the team and T-Mac. Other players will have to step up, hopefully we can get Artest as soon as possible. I really hope if and when we reach the playoffs these guys will be able to play with their injuries.

13. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

True,I saw that as well

14. ibm

ibm Member

true that. jvg's approach, well, sort of worked since mcgrrady bought into what jvg wanted to do; sort of didn't work since that approach didn't take us anywhere but a one and done.

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope he'll be traded during this next two weeks. The Rox are easier to watch and root for when he's not in uniform.

16. ibm

ibm Member

just tells you this wasn't entirely about injury to begin with.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow i didnt see doc rocket's post until now but thats just crazy i really hope it doesnt come to moving Yao (which would be stupid for business reasons on its own, let alone that he is one of the best players in the league and a mismatch every night) Yao is one of the few players who you love more as a person than a player in the league.

but something is very telling that the chron article posted above says that he is out at least two weeks which means it could be more i think something is in the works there especially for an "injury" of this type doesnt make sense that if he was just playing on it a few days ago that he is out now for at least two weeks.

you know at this point i dont know what will happen and I've stopped caring really because I believe whatever Morey and Co. do it will be for the better of the team and thats all that matters to me. I just wish it gets done soon because I am tired of watching lineups in and out and all this drama I just want to get back to watching Rockets basketball regardless of what names are on the back of the jerseys out there.

18. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

good move imo..

but i don't want Yao to go all out for the next 7 games without Ron and Mac.. and break his leg again... that would be the worst thing that would happen to us...

and yeah... this move lets adelman stamp his authority on the team and make t-mac run the offense once he gets back.. he wudn't be left with a choice ...

btw.. any info on what Ron is planning to do? I think he needs to play the big games..

19. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

Thanks for the insight. I hope you're right, especially for all the Tmac loyalists. Now, you have to agree he has lost a step correct? Don't you think the combination of him and Rafer is a huge negative. Someone like Kobe, Lebron, or even Wade could hide Rafer's flaws but I think, now more so then ever, that Tmac actually exposes Rafer even more. Before Rafer could go 2-9 or 3-12 but Tmac would offset him with 25, 5, and 5 or a 30-40 point night. My point is, shouldnt they start Brooks (better shooter and penetrator) as they seem to have enough punch on the bench with wafer, rafer, and artest?