1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Out 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HipHopSince1981, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

.......................................What? :confused:

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Well at least we know we have a chance against the Lakers now. Of the Rockets' trio of current invalids, Battier has proven to be the most important.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Are you an insider too? LOL :eek:

4. ibm

ibm Member

not funny.

5. i3artow i3aller

And he'd be returning for another home stand so that doesn't really add up to all that much. Eventually he's going to have to face the fans(barring a trade).

I really wouldn't admit to that in public unless you were amongst the Rocket Rowdies.

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Go over to the Chronicle and read the comments. They're overwhelmingly negative with regards to T-Mac.

I don't know if the fans were going to boo him before, but I'm guessing that the next home game he plays he's going to hear it.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You think the casual fan does not know what is going on? Perhaps not. But I think if they watch the games and newscasts and read the papers they will get the general idea.

DD

8. jondoe

jondoe Member

Well, now there are three arenas that have the potential to boo him, toronto, Orlando, and, ug, Houston....he's going for the record.

9. i3artow i3aller

Haha, no thanks. I don't want to go read all DD's Chronically negative T-Mac quotes. I know things are not peaches and cream right now, but I think many are blowing it out of proportion.

I mean come on. Noone has seen anyone quit like T-Mac in Toronto in the history of the NBA. Really? I recall Kobe quitting on his team IN THE PLAYOFFS vs Phoenix. How strange. The strongest of them all quit? Hmm. T-Mac has not been helped his team that much this season, but he is still a good guy and he is still a great talent. This team has so much potential, and it would be a shame if a little quibbling brought down the entire experiment.

10. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

The general idea right now is that McGrady's knee is keeping him from playing.

Everything else is just rampant speculation on blogs and fan forums.

11. i3artow i3aller

It has nothing to do with my view of the casual fans. I merely think the Toyota Center is filled a rather large number of people who have had their voice boxes removed. I really can't envision a chorus of boos being cast down upon him. I can easily envision you and a few chronies screaming bloody murder at him though. Merely saying I've rarely heard the TC rocking, but hope to during the playoffs.

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

So far as experiments goes it's run for five years and produced nothing but failure. Magic was saying last year that it was time to shut it down and try something new.

And this latest two week absence doesn't seem suspicious to you? I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm 99% certain something is going on behind the scenes.

13. ibm

ibm Member

as a clutch fan, you're in denial if you have the same "general idea".

14. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

That doesn't make any sense. Yao was the one who was hurt last year. McGrady carried us.

15. DaDakota

I would never boo a Rocket...not my style.

DD

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The guy had his knee scoped months ago. The last two physicians he saw, one of whom is one of the best experts in the country, told him there was no damage and that he should be playing his way back into shape.

I just don't buy. This latest two week absence just smells funny. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm 99% sure something is going on behind the scenes.

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

I don't recall a Rockets crowd, or any Houston crowd, ever, booing a specific player that was playing for the home team.

Heck, our fans don't boo the team when we are blowing large 4th quarter leads.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

How could you miss the controversy last year when Magic Johnson said it was time to break up the core?

19. DaDakota

Did he? I mean really?

Or did the team carry itself, with Tmac as part of the team, then when the playoffs started, they reverted back to an army of one and ultimate failure.

I hate it when people say one player carried something, because it is never true.

Even Dream in the year he was by far the best player, trusted his teamates to make plays down the stretch....Kenny, Horry, Cassell, Elie, those are the players that made the plays when the defense clamped down on Hakeem at the end.

Hakeem only won when he learned to trust his teamates in Clutch situations and let the TEAM carry itself.

I believe Tmac has not learned that yet...as evidence by him trying to do too much late in games.....even Jordan passed the ball to Kerr and Paxson in crucial moments.

You want to look at Tmac's biggest failure as a team leader....look to him trying to do too much, far too often, and not trusting his teamates in crucial game altering moments.

DD

20. cson

cson Contributing Member

God willing we'll never see him a Rockets uni again. This is getting old.