1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Out 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HipHopSince1981, Jan 12, 2009.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

no jk!

I don't think the rocket want to trade Tmac. If they wanted, they would do it last summer. Tmac's contract will be expired next summer, and there will be many free agents by then. It is unecessary to do it now.

But, Yao is different. Yao has player option next summer. The rockets won't let him walk for free. If they want Yao to stay, they need to offer him a long and big contract. Is Yao worth that? I think they have a doubt. In addition, from all-star vote, we can see Yao's popularity is declined. Now, it is the best time to trade Yao for the most. Of course, if Yao can prove that he can be a francise player that the rockets can continue to build around, they won't trade him.

Only time can tell!

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yeah, I thought about Doc Rocket's post too. Seems like he's been vindicated.

That also suggests to me that if Doc Rocket knew about it then the Rockets have decided, for whatever reason, to essentially bench McGrady for a couple of weeks.

3. GOAT

GOAT Member

so what you are saying we are going to sacrfice this season and next for 2010? I hope that is not what is about to go on here.....we are one player away from being a legit championship contender

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

in jonathan rocket notes, he mentioned ra wants to settle down the rotation instead in and out. that is very well explained why tmac and ron will take a break to get healthy.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this is more about mcgrady simply being too cowardly to face the ocean of boos from the home crowd and holding off until the next roadtrip. Either that or they're planning to trade his ass.

6. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

these injuries have become jokes

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Unbelievable.

Not too surprised, though. I would love to know who initiated this move: McGrady, Morey, Adelman, or a team vote.

This better be the end of the back-to-back arrangement.

Why would you still think this is about an injury?

Evan

8. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Thats why I didn't't buy those tickets, cus I knew this was gonna happen

9. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Stroking the ego won't work with him DD.With Tracy's psychology you have to keep stroking the ego and in the process you neglect the other 12 13 egos you have manage as well + Tracy is a person that you have to stroke his ego for everything. One bad game he won't shake off an adjust he'll sulk and you would have to do this eveerytime there is a little adversity .

Tracy isn't use to being on a TEAM with real talent. His whole career he has had to be superman or the saviour and now that he has to share the responsibility with 2 other super heroes his mind is having a difficult time adjusting.

You can't stroke an ego like his and that's what jeff did,Jeff may have had more control over teh team but he didn't demand RESPNSIBILITY,Adelman's let them figure out approach may be relaxed but it demands guy's to take REPSONSIBILITY for their own actions. It comes a time to where you have to stop holding grown folks hands.

10. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Grady has been playing better and better lately and now he wants to sit out. you can easily see the differences in his game in the last 2 compared to the Wizards, Cavs, Hawks games. He was told by the Docs that he would have to strengthen his knee for it to get better and it seemed to be working, and now he wants to sit. There's probably something else, maybe he wants time off and using his knee as an excuse.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I seriously doubt this is a TMac decision, to me this looks like Adelman taking charge of his team.

DD

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

So he's gonna miss the Lakers, Heat, Nuggets, Jazz, Pacers, Pistons games and come back for the Knicks??

13. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i agree. i guess ra is tied of changing rotation everyday. he wants to have a rotation set at least for a certain period time.

14. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Check out the Doc Rocket post in the other thread where he talks about "all eyes on Yao" or something. If Doc knew this was coming down the pipe then obviously it's a move on the part of Adelman/Morey.

15. jackeyok2

jackeyok2 Member

It will be a good poll! :D

I don't think it was a team vote.

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Again, think about the Doc Rocket post where the Doc wrote about how lax Adelman and his coaching staff are. If the coaches had taken a firm stand to begin with could the whole McGrady thing have been nipped in the bud? And is this latest benching the result of somebody telling Adelman to drop the hammer and take control of the team?

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i would certainly hope so because i feel like this could have been averted if the team forced tmac to rest rather than allow him to decide his own rehab. again...this calls into question the decision making of the trainers and them allowing tmac to call the shots and not them.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or getting him "healthy" so we can trade him by the deadline: Hinrich, whomever.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If with all this McGrady still makes the all-star team, that's a total joke. And I think he'd agree. I wonder if the NBA would allow him to skip the game.

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i think that he feels pain in the knee no doubt
    i think about 80% of nba'ers feel pain in their knees
    he just needs time off to accept it
    the limp tho
    i think the limp is fake
    he needs time to make like he got rid of the limp