1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[LINA] Harris County Coronvirus Response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 23, 2020.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You are correct and I'll leave it at that.

B@ffled likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, yes I agree. But it worries me. We'll open up with guidelines in place for social distance, wearing masks, cleaning surfaces, etc, etc. I bet the first 2 weeks, businesses will be pretty diligent about it. But for workers, there is no feedback mechanism that the protocols they practice every day are doing anything. You can't tell if the counter-top you've sprayed with lysol a hundred times this week every had a single covid-19 virus on it. You can't count the viruses you've trapped in your mask. You won't even get back a report that X number of customers were infected in your store. For all the trouble a person goes through to work safe, you don't have any feedback to know that a single transmission has ever been mitigated. We'll get tired of it after a couple of weeks, cut corners, ditch the mask, get lazy on the cleaning. That's human nature.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

More American deaths than in all the years of the "Vietnam War." And don't ever talk about "9/11" again. This "pandemic" has caused 20 times as many American deaths as in the "terrorist attacks" on that day.

IBTL and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. Batman Jones

And I don't ever want to hear another Trump Republican say they're "pro-life."

IBTL, Blatz and Jturbofuel like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Over 50,000 dead so far and it isn’t even May yet.... 83,000 hospitalized and not resolved....

It very easily can be 100,000 - 200,000 dead by the Fall...

Consider that nearly 40,000 died over the last month.

Yet I still hear ignorant idiots complaining about wearing a mask or not being able to pack a restaurant.

These same idiots think it is magically over May 1...it isn’t.

Testing and processing of tests are still insufficient.

I don’t mind calls for a start to controlled reopening but be aware that the virus will still flare and have hotspots that will result in additional timely shutdowns.

IBTL, Invisible Fan and B@ffled like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Easy, killer. Not sure what the Vietnam war or 9/11 have to do with any of this. (although if you counted healthy people, the death ratio would plummet like a rock) You might like this, though.

#67 Roscoe Arbuckle, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    jcf and Andre0087 like this.
  8. Batman Jones

They have to do with you putting the word pandemic in quotes, like it isn't serious, when it's killed so many Americans. Duh.

IBTL likes this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That was a mildly interesting segment.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

.006% isn't a pandemic. No reason arguing this. I'm right & you're wrong and time will show that being the case. Hopefully we don't go into a Great Depression which will kill FAR more people.

This is nonsense.

11. Batman Jones

70,000 dead Americans is nonsense, in your opinion. Good to know.

IBTL likes this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

70,000 people dying happens every year, especially to people who are old or already sick. I absolutely feel people at risk should stay at home. But for the rest of us? This is overreaction by a quantum leap.

13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

So how does making a "priority" of taking care of those "whose immune systems' cant do the job" differ from what most of us have been doing? Cause right now all I can envision is something like the guy yesterday that wiped his nose on a store employee that asked him to wear a mask, only on a much grander scale.

Is it going to look like we've prioritized taking care of our teachers and making sure our children get the best education possible? Or how we've prioritized getting our veterans the best of the best medical care? How we've prioritzed caring for African and Native Americans over the years???

I'm all ears. Really, this "priority" stuff sounds super enticing. And super, super likely.

#73 FrontRunner, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    IBTL likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

They've quarantined nearly everyone for the past 2 months. THAT is the big difference.

Look, you have every right to stay at home. But the rest of us need to get back to life.

Astrodome likes this.
  15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I just want to know what prioritizing those whose immune systems aren't up to the task looks like. Can you and Bill just admit you don't know and don't care in the slightest?

IBTL and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you should have used a larger font.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lina is dope

jcf, Batman Jones and IBTL like this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

70000+ people have died in 67 days from this virus. This not the flu. It will be more than 100000 by the end of May. How many deaths will it take for Trump fans to take this seriously?

IBTL likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was married to a Hispanic woman and am still very attracted to 99% of them. She has a way of making me not attracted to her. I think its her monotone voice.

I agree with the person who wrote in the beginning she let Turner take the lead and that's understandable. On the masks, I understand more condense metropolitan areas requiring them

IBTL likes this.
  20. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It could be a billion and they still wouldn't take it seriously unless Trump suddenly started treating it as something more than an inconvenience to his re-election.

IBTL and Blatz like this.