1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin Fouls Video Makes Front Page of NY Times

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

You bring up Batman and then you bring up some random dude (google says he's a christian singer) to do...what, exactly?

It's a free country / forum, etc. but you should go populate one of your threads now. I'm sure you won't seem so irrelevant and stupid there, as you do here.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This is too guud

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/CBOFQfzFKKiha" width="480" height="489" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/applause-reaction-clapping-CBOFQfzFKKiha">via GIPHY</a></p>

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Meaning that Dwight gets called for flagrants too frequently

And I do understand the rule. Thanks for posting it verbatim though. Only reinforces the point of my post.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

I disagree. If someone is ignorant about a position, it's hard(er) to change their mind. If someone is just plain stupid, you can still teach them.

But I do see your point.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not trying to dumb down any references for you

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why the exaggeration. The 6 minutes has 6 or 7 plays in it on Lin, and the Allen one isn't even a foul. It's a scramble for the ball with Lin running into Allens arm

I was expecting 6 minutes filled with plays too. But that's not what the vid is.

This is why it is tough to talk to you guys,,, the exaggeration.

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

hope you're not one of them?

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

go start your own DH getting hacked thread and provide some videos then...

9. krnxsnoopy

Here's some perspective, 6 or 7 plays where a flagrant should have been called during his career.

I wonder how many flagrant fouls were called for Lin during his career? one? three? Seven? Maybe none?

Right now he's 3rd most fouled without drawing a flagrant foul. Maybe Lin got a bunch when he was a rookie. Maybeee

Would be very interesting to see the ratio of missed to correct calls.

10. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Yao was treated differently on both ends of the floor as well. We all see how successful the less physically talented players can be when rules change favorably for them - Curry as an example.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

What do you mean, "you guys?" The Lin bias on this forum is ridiculous. I try to have a reasonable discussion about the issue, and all of a sudden, I'm lumped in with, presumably, LOFs. lol. I think the last time I had anything relevant to say about Lin, on this forum, was when he was still playing for us.

You can have a 10 minute highlight video for someone. Doesn't mean it's 1 highlight every second. Flagrants on other players as compared to flagrants on Lin. That 6 minute video tells you a lot.

To that point though, you need more than "6 or 7" plays with Lin getting smashed in the face to realize something's wrong?

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The Allen play is at a minimum a reach in foul. Flagrant is a bit excessive, but Allen did reach in and contact Lin.

Dwight does get constant flagrant fouls with players jumping over his back or bringing him down by the shoulders. It's a problem that the NBA has officiating big men. We could easily make a video of it if someone spent the time. That doesn't mean a lot of the plays in the Lin video are not flagrant.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

To do what? For what reason?

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, I think if a defender tries to shoot the gap and go for a steal, but makes contact with a player, that should be a foul. In live ball situations, it's probably up to the official.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

You guys = non 99ers

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hee waisis rong chime...

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why would anyone want to be in a group associated with you?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Cause we rule clutchfans and therefore the world

Cry your tears
    For fears

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B0A6COweNVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. krnxsnoopy

Jared Dudley and Skip Bayless are LOFs