1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin Fouls Video Makes Front Page of NY Times

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 14, 2016.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL... so true.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you miss the part where it said Lin was her favorite NBA player?

Or the part where she asks player only fans to make videos for the favorite player?

read brah

spending nights watching hours of Lin videos to make a video?

that's LOF dude

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good point. And that is exactly what Cuban did against us in sending the league moving-screens by Yao in 2005, leading to early foul trouble and the $150k fine by JVG. Maybe JVG should have sent the league vids of Yao playing defense legally (especially in the paint) and getting fouls called on him -- not to mention hits on the offensive side.

4. krnxsnoopy

Here you are still attacking the "creator" of the video, rather than the video itself.

Yes, she probably is a LOF. But the questions she raised in her video are valid points.

Typical tinman tactics

1. Strawman (grossly exaggerating the other person's argument)
    2. Moving the goal posts
    And a new one
    3. ad hominem:

5. tinman

Supporting Member

are you saying brother that you should have made some videos of illegal defense played by the seattle supersonics in 92?

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

sew was being sarcastic, but there truly are posters here who believe that, sadly.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

"_____ is my favorite player" = I'm a ___OF? I didn't realize you couldn't be a fan of a specific player or else you'd get labeled a "__OF." Interesting logic. Does that mean you're a Tracy-only Hater? Lin-only Hater? Obviously not, because you "hate" more than one person.

All she did was make a video and asked people to send in a letter to the league to review the calls more clearly. Other people helped with editing the Lin video, but that's about it. She did speak about encouraging other people to make videos, but about the same injustices that Lin is receiving.

At this point, I think you're just either ignorant or stupid. If you're ignorant, welp, can't help that. If you're stupid, let me educate you while reiterating my point: the purpose of this video is not to highlight Lin's accomplishments, because let's face it, he hasn't exactly accomplished much. The purpose of the video, and what she's urging others to do, is to force the NBA to recognize that certain players seem to be treated worse than others.

She didn't highlight race in the video. She didn't highlight the Rockets in the video. She didn't even try to protect the Kobes/Melos/superstars of the NBA. All she wanted to do was to make a video detailing how Lin is mistreated.

Can't go after Lin, so you go after posters defending Lin and the creator by calling her a "LOF," which is already a very weak argument. What's next?

Oh, I know. You should make another "I </3 McGrady" thread, or a variant. You'll seem less stupid there. Maybe.

2 people like this.
  8. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Dam this thread makes BLM look like the JV team.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

So you don't think she's a lin fan?

she's just out for justice? like what? batman?

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

^ not sure why my post wasn't finished. Meh, it wasn't important.

11. krnxsnoopy

Hahaha

How many times is tinman getting completely destroyed in this thread by Juxtposed?

So far I'm counting atleast 3. Hilarious

[​IMG]

12. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

People!! Read and learn from this post. TInsatan and other still don't get it when they are comparing Lin and Yao on the racism they both experienced.

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Watched the video. Fan is an idiot and doesn't understand the definition of a flagrant.

NBA has also become to casual with their application of the rule as anyone who watches Dwight play knows.

Lin is the subject of being a very gifted rim attacker with strong body control and the ability to hesitate/fake then shoot at the last second. This brings contact with players going for where they anticipate the ball to be and the follow through of the motion creating contact.

Given that they are typically making a play for the ball and not using excessive force (hard contact does not mean excessive) - a lack of flagrant calls is fair citing the referenced possessions in the video.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Doesn't matter if she's a LOF or not. She's utilizing social media to point out something the NBA should look at.

Look at the video of Harden not playing defense, contrasted with another user putting up a video of Harden specifically playing defense. Are they Harden only fans? No. One wanted to deride Harden, and one wanted to support him. I can't speak to the Lin video creator's "fandom," but I'm sure they're a fan of Lin. Who's to say they don't like other NBA players?

Not sure why you'd need to reference Batman, but sure. Both see an issue they'd like to do something about, and they go about it as best they can. One spends less than a week to make a video, one uses brute force and gadgets.

Batman gets results. The video creator is starting to; seeds are planted. Poor Miami. Lin is going to drive with even more reckless abandon now, lol.

16. krnxsnoopy

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]

Check.

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]

Check.

17. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Tinsatan is taking a beating here....go back to the lin thread quick...there are some replies urgently waiting for you.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Well jeremy should thank her personally for externally helping his game.

Send her a michael w smith cd

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Show me a 6 minute clip of where Dwight is repeatedly contacted above the neck.

As per: http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/04/18/flagrant.technical/

I don't think you fully understand what a flagrant foul is. Anything near the head or neck should be a red flag for a flagrant.

Much of the clip could be categorized as 2 or 4, on that list.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Welp. It's the other way around. If someone is stupid you can't help them. If they are ignorant, you can educate them