1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry on the trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ming The King, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Lowry next?
    New Raptors front-office boss Masai Ujiri has managed to trade away Andrea Bargnani and now Gay over the past six months to create financial flexibility going forward and -- with Toronto apparently determined to avoid any accidental success in the Atlanta Division -- is said to be happy to surrender veteran point guard Kyle Lowry next. ESPN.com -

Link

Link

If a asik is will be move for picks without taken big salarys in return, maybe Morey create salary space to bring Lowry for a second

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Wait, and why would we want Lowry? I mean, besides the obvious reason that we are lacking the most depth at the PG position /end sarcasm.

3. quatin

quatin Member

Bets on when Lowry goes bonkers on getting traded back to Houston under McHale again?

Let's start Bev over Lowry. LOL, I almost want this to happen just to see the reactions.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lowry and McHale don't exactly like eachother andi don't see a reunion on the cards .As for this thread, after the Suns or Warriors game Dwight again stated that Bev is the leader of this team on the floor after saying the samething during the preseason. This to me indicates he probably told McHale Bev is the better option to start.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

As long as McHale is here Lowry not coming here

6. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Send him to the Heat for Norris Cole and a first round pick.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Not sure what Lowry brings to the this team that we don't already have. Certainly not his vast playoff experience, lol.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why doesn't Lowry and Mchale like each other?

9. red_nation

red_nation Member

You know..I thought they should send him to the heat for one of their guards too.

10. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Lowry gets injured. Dragic starts in his absence. Lowry comes back. Dragic has been playing really well. Lowry doesn't get his starting job back. Lowry throws a fit.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I used to think this made some sense, but I agree... the relationship between McHale and Lowry was not good at all. I don't think those two would reunite, though strictly speculating, Toronto (from a fan standpoint) would be interesting for Jeremy Lin. I don't see the Rockets taking back Kyle and I don't see Toronto taking on Jeremy's salary/extra year with what Masai Ujiri is doing. I will say though that when it comes to salary moves, never say never.

That Toronto trade for Lowry worked out about as well as the Camby trade for the Knicks. Indiana, Chicago, Minnesota (Adelman) for Lowry? The market demand for point guards doesn't look too good.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is why we need Lowry. All the current players seem to like or even love McHale. We need to introduce a dissenting voice so that they team will be on their toes and not get complacent.

In fact, it would be best to get Lowry while keeping Asik and all of the current PGs. This group is too happy-go-lucky. We need to throw some creative tension into the roster in the form of a Lowry, Kenyon Martin, Ron Artest or Stephen Jackson.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

If he comes this cheap it's something we should jump on no matter how much he and McHale hate each other.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/TedMaduri">@TedMaduri</a> I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything better than second-round pick/filler for Lowry.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/410043773809205248">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#13 redhotrox, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  14. torque

Supporting Member

I don't understand us wanting Lowry. We have THREE point guards that are competing for minutes. Have we forgotten how well Lin is playing this year? Or how good the Rockets have looked this year with Lin Bev and Harden on the floor together?

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I have to assume that this post was sarcastic in nature. But I have been saying that about your posts for a while.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

There are 5 spots in a lineup. You can all 4 of these guys together next to Dwight.

17. torque

Supporting Member

Actually, having Harden guard the opposing PF might be our best option for him on defense.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of bring Kyle in unless we traded away one of our point guards and morey knew Canaan wasn't ready, but to make that work it would have to be
    2 rookie/ vet min contracts + cash (1.5mill) + the pick to even make that work unless you throw Asik into the mix
    I'm not a fan of that.

Even though Reggie Jackson is much improved I still feel okc should jump at that if that's all it takes

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Lin has been playing terrific this year. It's Bev who's just not very good and I'd love to see replaced with Lowry.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I really do not understand why people are advocating changing (upsetting) a roster that has been winning at a 60+ game pace when they are healthy. Change for changes sake is a horrible idea. The team is functioning smoothly, the players are happy and the Rockets are currently fifth in the league in point differential. Why anyone in their right mind would want a roster change is beyond me.

P.S. And Asik will not be dumped before the trade deadline unless some team will pony up a sure fire lottery pick in exchange. Not likely to happen.