1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry on the trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ming The King, Dec 9, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely. The Rockets PG rotation has to be one of the deepest in the NBA.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

HATE the way he plays

Also, the rockets have 3 PGs that are better than him

3. Entropy

Entropy Member

Knicks would love to take him. If they managed to stop slobbering over Felton that is.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If Kyle Lowry was traded to the Spurs and he caused even the slightest of chemistry problems to a top contender like San Antonio, he would do pretty big damage to his free agency cause this summer.

5. basketballholic

A trade of Asik to Toronto and bringing back Lowry as part of the deal would simply be a deal for us to get Lowry's contract and flip him again at the deadline.

Remember....The Knicks???

Lowry would fit pretty good there.

Asik for Amir/Lowry is doable and could be quite attractive as pieces to send to the Knicks or other places like the Bulls or the Celtics, etc.

Lowry is a very good player on an expiring contract. He has trade value to other teams.

So, I'd have to say I'd be interested in a base trade of Asik for Amir/Lowry.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You're already that sold on Canaan?

Because I know you can't possibly be referring to Brooks. That debate was settled a long time ago.

7. nono

nono Member

Lowe is saying they can at most expect a 2nd round pick/filler for Lowry

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

morey gets a lotto pick for lowry.

raps can't move him for anything better than a second rounder.

in morey we trust.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Raptors just waived D.J. Augustin.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Morey knows when to sell high.

11. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Even if he's a good boy on a new team what kind of a market is out there for a PG already making $6mil with the new CBA? Jennings and Teague could only get $8M and Calderon only $7.25M. There's probably better value available through the draft or overseas.

12. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Lowry to Bulls? Makes a lot of sense for Chicago and seems like they would want another scorer and someone who can distribute. Only true floor general they have right now is kirk hinrich, whose old and barely fits the bill as a distributor.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i have a strong feeling that chicago will be in the mix. It makes alot of sense. He fits their type of culture of defense. Chicago isnt going to blow it up and tank, and rose has said he is going to try and make it back by playoffs. with the asking price being so low, and chicago having a surpluss of assetts i can see them easily making a deal.

something like chicago sending hinrich, teague and their 2014 2nd to toronto for lowry. Chicago gets a replacement pg who expires at the end of the year. toronto receives an expiring a young player and a pick. they get crappier and gain an asset or two. they could turn around and flip hinrich if wanted or let him expire for cap flexibility.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'd take him over every pg we have. I can't believe he could be had for a 2nd and filler.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

attitude problems/ cancer.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

somethign something felton is fat

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think Lowry is going to end up netting the Raptors that much-- and I recall reading at least one NBA reporter saying the same. He is a very good player but there are just too many "very good" PGs out there who are at least, say, 90% as good as Lowry. Supply and demands and all that.

Also, Lowry being on an expiring contract likely isn't all that helpful, either, to a team that actually likes his skill set. He is going to be an unrestricted free agent so trading for him now means essentially a half-season (or three quarter season) rental. After that, he can just decide to leave for whatever reason is important to him personally.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Remind me when Kyle Lowry was a starting PG on a playoff team....or any good team

Neither are starting PGs on a good team but AB has had a lot more success in his career

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Well, AB has had more playoff success, but that was years ago. Dollars being equal, I don't think any team today takes Brooks over Lowry.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't think there is much demand for either of them. I'll take brooks right now just for his shooting ability and not being a head case. That more ideal for the role on the current rockets team