1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just admit it already....we NEED a HEALTHY McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JSUB11, May 9, 2009.

1. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Key word is HEALTHY.

I don't care how much you guys make fun of him or say we're better off without him, but we seriously need TMac to have any shot at beating this Lakers team in a 7-game series.

We simply do not have the firepower and offense to match the Lakers output. Asking Yao Ming to carry this load alone is simply too great. We need a real superstar perimeter guard who can create his own shot. And if he gets hot from long range, he has the court vision and ability to move the ball and keep the defense on its toes.

Yes, this current Rockets team is AWESOME. I love every single player. But when you run into the best team in the Western Conference, you need a HEALTHY McGrady to blow them out of the water. I'm not talking about that half-assed McGrady we saw out on the court this season. I'm talking about that half-vintage TMac that carried us to 2 wins against the j*zz in the last playoffs.

Hate him as much as you want, but I guarantee if we had him right now, we would not have our backs against the walls. Yao Ming and Ron Artest would BOTH dominate in the post with TMac on the perimeter. Aaron Brooks could just focus on doing his thing by putting the ball in the hoop and not trying to be a play maker.

You could make the argument that we wouldn't even BE in round two if TMac was still playing, but I highly doubt that happening if he were healthy.

Who's with me on this one? If not, feel free to flame me.

1 person likes this.
  2. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

GRADY IS NEVER HEALTHY

3. choujie

choujie Member

Or a reall good PG + a decent backup C.

4. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

We don't need a healthy McGrady necessarily. But we need a guy SIMILAR to him. It's not like McGrady is the ONLY GUY in the world that can make this team better and nobody else. Anybody else like a Joe Johnson, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant (unrealistic) would also make this team better as well.

We do have a pretty big missing piece, but I don't suggest giving the job to T-Mac again.

5. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

We need the guy that's going to get paid Tracy's money in a year.

6. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

McGrady will come back next year with bang, I'm sure of it.

1 person likes this.
  7. ibm

ibm Member

that.

or simply a good guard (pg or sg). ron doesn't cut it for that need.

8. Mr. Space City

+2...

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We dont need it to be Tmac exactly, we just need to fill that 20 million dollar spot. I think we've all known that since the playoffs began. The spurs couldnt get out of the first without that guy, Boston barely got out and probably won't get past this round without him. I think we all knew a deep playoff run by this team would be a surprise and unexpected event. They could get hot and wint it all, but we all know that doesnt mean we can consistently be on top without that hole filled.

11. ibm

ibm Member

oh, forgot to say - there is no such thing called "a healthy mcgrady"; not any more. so the op's point was mooooooot.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You do understand we actually have a TMac and can't go into the backyard and pluck a Wade or Bryant off a tree and insert them into our lineup, hence the thread title. I'm sure he would've chosen a healthy Jordan or Wilt in place of TMac, otherwise. :D

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

not even a PG. a really good playmaker from the wing would also do wonders + a backup C. if morey does trade mcgrady, i hope we do get that in return.

14. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

That's what I'm hoping for. With the team with have right now, with another year of experience and a motivated, HEALTHY TMac, I seriously think this Lakers team will be shaking in their sneakers.

But then again, THIS SERIES AINT OVER.

I'm just saying it would make everybody's job that much easier.

15. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

We obviously need a good perimeter player who can create his own shots and score reliably. That will space the floor, make it harder for teams to front/double Yao, and take offensive pressure off Yao. Whether that perimiter scorer is McGrady or someone else like Joe Johnson or whoever doesn't really matter.

Face it, even Shaq couldn't win a title by himself. He had Kobe and Wade spacing the floor for him, keeping defenses honest, and helping with the offensive load. Yao is great but he is not Hakeem, he can't take games over by himself.

16. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

im actually excited for next year's mcgrady comeback because he has something to prove. he has to prove that he isnt washed up as most people think. i really do feel that he'll play considerably better than he did this year.

17. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I'd rather wait until 2010 and get another scoring wing like maybe a Joe Johnson or somebody.

I wouldn't mind giving T-mac a test in the middle of the season to see what he's actually made of. I prefer finding somebody else, because T-Mac has always been known for being mentally weak just like Ron.

18. PointForward

PointForward Member

"healthy McGrady" is oxymoronic..

creating this thread, on the other hand, is just moronic

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We dont even need a superstar really, this team has improved a lot since the time tmac was actually healthy, so having a guy like that, we may actually waste his skills since we dont need them to do it all anymore. We could split his contract in half and just get two really solid scorers and that would probably get us over the hump just as well. Or a solid scorer and a good PF/C.

20. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

a 2006-2007, or 07-08 McGrady is an asset to this team, whether anyone likes to admit it or not.

I really think he can get back to either of those years, just not the vintage T-Mac from Orlando.

T-Mac = no fronting on Yao.
    ---
    When Yao went to the bench in the 4th, he and T-Mac didn't even make eye contact. They looked at opposite sides of the court. I was like, WTF IS UP WITH THAT?