1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just admit it already....we NEED a HEALTHY McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JSUB11, May 9, 2009.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Sometimes it is pretty obvious that we are missing that guy on the perimeter who is capable of making plays especially when the team is struggling. Brooks cannot do that, neither can Artest because he always tries to do too much.

2. clutch11

clutch11 Member

healthy McGrady == first round exit

3. stone3343

stone3343 Member

well said.
    the ROX need the healthy T-MAC for the shots and pass the ball to YAO. either AB or Lowlry are not able to do that..

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're wrong.

McGrady has never been a consistent 3 point shooter, and his defense is sporadic at best.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

We need................... to win, with or without McGrady.

Unfortunately 90% of this board is too revenge/hate orientated to realize that.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

OP is right, and that's that.

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

physically healthy but mentally, is always SICK.

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

i was angry with mcgrady cuz of his rehab and injuries

i felt sorry for mcgrady when the fans were critical of him since the trade deadline

but i agree with the OP, a healthy, or maybe even a 80% mcgrady will drastically improve this team, i think mcgrady still wants to play for the rox, i think the team still wants mcgrady back, i hope he comes back with heart

When I'm watching Kobe lighting us up every trip down the court, all I could think of is "boy, I wish we had McGrady here to answer the challenge"

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

No. OP is wrong.

Even if you magically brought back a healthy Tmac, we would go back to the same type of play that got us nowhere. Subtraction by addition.
    - Have we forgotten Tmac chucking bad jumpers when it counts? Not attacking the basket? Saying it's on me, but not playing like it's on me?
    - Have we forgotten he is a ball stopper? You bring him back, even if healthy, and the rest of the players' games suffer.
    - Healthy Tmac is still a sieve on defense.

Health will not make Tmac play efficienty or within the confines of this offense. Health will not make Tmac tough or play defense, or any of those things that won us Round 1.

OP is wrong. OP is wishing for a Tmac that never existed. That Tmac is not extinct. That Tmac is a figment of our imagination.

Wish for productive use of his $20Mm salary spot. Wish for Chauncy Billups, who would be a difference maker. Wish for something that once existed or exists now.

Don't bother wishing for Tmac. Already too many years wasted by the Rockets (and Magic) wishing for a Tmac that never existed.

And now you may close this thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is never coming back, and will never be healthy again, so the team needs to find another way.

DD

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That may be true. Perhaps it's better to say, we need that TYPE of player. A prolific scorer.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'd take his 30-something points per game in the playoffs with this team right now. there's enough players playing hard-core defense out there on this team....defense ain't the problem.

13. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

5 star thread

14. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

How about you're just a tool bag, as far as the topic is concerned, I think that anyone that really knows basketball, like Daryl Morey, knows that there is a big hole left by McGrady's injuries.

15. MandM's

MandM's Member

concur

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That would be nice, but even with McGrady this team is not elite....he has too many faults in his game....low efficiency, dominates the ball.....

What we really need are efficient players.

DD

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

okay then first u need to subtract points from other players cuz he is the only one who is going to shoot the ball. tmac will shoot 30 times to get his 30 point game. oh and yao? we would never have seen his glimpses of hof play.

oh and we wouldve never beat the blazers.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is like saying we need a healthy ralph sampson.

he's not going to be healthy ever again.

if you say we need to trade him for another scoring 2 guard. that i agree with.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. We need a PG.

20. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

If by good, you mean overweight, than sure. The guy is done.