1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just admit it already....we NEED a HEALTHY McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JSUB11, May 9, 2009.

1. Battierwarrior

Battierwarrior New Member

agree!!!if mcgrady were on the floor with YAO, they can beat laker. of course, a healthy mcgrady. i hope t-mac came back too.

1 person likes this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Mcgrady has 3 issues, one he has to rehab that knee and nobody knows how long it's going to take to grow cartilege in there. Second, he's gained a good 10 pounds from the looks of him last night so odds are he's not able to train while he's rehabbing which means when his knee is healed he'll have to get in shape. Third, he's got to knock the rust off his game when 1 and 2 are done. I just don't see him coming back anytime soon.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Theres no way he'd be scoring 30 ppg against the Lakers.

If McGrady were on the court, then either Artest or Battier wouldn't be. As a result, our defense would suffer.

5. Nick_Young

Nick_Young Member

100% agree. I never expect that TMC will come back with bang in 2010. I'd rather count on Moray to bring us some magic rather than that dragger.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

It makes sense. The Rockets could use his play making and his ability to handle the ball under pressure. The way Kobe draws the defense and then finding the open man is what Tmac does. Of course, when Tmac does it, everyone thinks he's being selfish because he chose to pass to the wide open man near the goal instead of a incredible hockey pass.

Another thing I find funny is people complaning about Tmac dominating the ball. And Kobe doesn't? Only difference is Kobe scores at a more efficent rate. Same with guys like Lebron, Wade and Pierce. I don't think anyone complains when they do it. The best players in the league dominate the ball. They're play makers. That is what they do.

7. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I think it only benefits us to give T-Mac a chance. If he get's healthy next season, we play him and see how our team performs. If he sucks, we still have his expiring contract to trade for someone pretty good and if he performs well, we can decide whether or not to keep him or trade him for possibly even more. Either way, it's a no lose situation to give him a shot.

I personally agree with the post- a Healthy McGrady is better than anyone else we have off the bench at least and would be a plus for our team (assuming he can defer to Yao).

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

No we don't, with Tracy we would've lost the first round or would've been swept by LA. Can you picture Tracy instead of Ron on Kobe / Ariza ? Both would've gone off on him. I'm sorry but everybody who believes we need Tracy is wrong.

And even if we need him, I do not want him.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Come on guys, we're in the second round of the playoffs. Let's leave all that McGrady nonsense where it belongs: April.

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

or how about a young jordan? a healthy mcgrady? isnt that ironic?

11. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

McGrady always gets humiliated by Kobe and scores about 4 pts against them, thats garbage

12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

We could use a healthy player as opposed to having 20 mill sittin on the bench.

13. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

without TMC this team has a good chemistry, i suggest the manager trade him for some scorers and a backup C, that's enough, rockets must be very competitive next season!

14. Persianfoo

Persianfoo Member

We don't necessarily need a healthy MCGRADY, we just need another superstar. But really, to me i think a healthy t-mac would be better since he already knows all the players well and knows their strengths. We just cant beat the lakers they have too much offense. All we have is an inconsistent Ron and Yao who cant get enough FG attempts.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you're assuming this year injuryed mcgrady is playing b/c he hasn't hurt our defense at all the past few years in the playoffs has he? :rolleyes:

his career ppg is 28ppg so i think that poster is referring to that. once again, you're assuming he's still limping i guess.

he's probably never gong to be fully healthy again. but we don't know what he will be like when he returns. if he can return to the 07-08 form but understand to play more of a midrange game rather than take unnecsesary 3s, he will be more efficient.

16. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

That is a big difference. You want a player to continue to do something because a another player can do it? What kind of logic is that. You know Ron Artest can sometimes make those 1 on 5 shots too. Keep doing it Artest because Ben Gordon can.

You know the only thing I miss about this situation is McGrady's basketball IQ and floor vision. That is it. I don't miss him dominating the ball. He is a perimeter player who shouldn't be but is because of injuries and age. If he's the shooter he's shown since '05 for a player his caliber ... then he needs to play more off the ball than he has for whatever team he plays for.

#116 rocketsregle, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
  17. mig0s

mig0s Member

They keyword is more like MOTIVATED.
    We need a motivated T-Mac. I'm sure he'll get healthier when motivated ;)

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

annnnndd Morey is kicking himself.

19. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Who wouldn't need a healthy, motivated TMac?

If we had a consistent team, with consistent health, this wouldn't even be a series.

If we had all the things I said, we would be up in this series 3-0.

Instead, we're down 2-1, with the HCA back to the Lakers.

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Great post.

I agree.