1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato leaving?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by conquistador#11, Apr 24, 2007.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! Yeah, sounds like a winner.

On a more serious note, you know who just came to mind that I think would be GREAT for the morning show? Craig Roberts...you know, that guy that used to be on NBC? I think his dry, sarcastic sense of humor paired with Lance would be one heck of an experiment.

Come on Chance, take a chance! ;)

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yeah, I can't think of a situation right now that would be good for him and listeners. Of course, he wouldn't be suing if he didn't have a better offer on the table. Can't blame him for taking more money, but have no idea where he's gonna go unless Davies and Dukes are on the bubble.

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Wow...have you thought about getting into politics? :D ;)

4. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Where else would he go but 790?

Morning DJ on 104.9?

5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

there is another sports radio station in town... :rolleyes:

6. Rocket G

Run by me again?

There's 610 & there's 790. What other station am I missing.
    Maybe I'm just missing the sarcasm here. Hopefully.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Didn't ESPN dump 790 because they put a local show on instead of Mike and Mike?

There's no room for him at ESPN 97.5 unless they are looking to dump Solomon and Vargas.

8. Rocket G

WTF did that happen?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I quit listening to 97.5 because those two aren't very good. A really low quality show. Maybe I need to give those guys another chance because everyone is entitled to a slow start.

You are right about ESPN dumping AM790, which is now only affiliated with Fox Sports Radio.

10. Rocket G

I didn't know that, but Another Brother, thanks for doing this: :rolleyes: rather thank just saying "he could go to 97.5." Classy.

Point still stands - Granato can't carry a show himself. Palillo barely manages to, and he's the best single sports radio guy in the city.

11. Another Brother

about as classy as your 104.9 crack. peep your posts, being as negative as u are don't be shocked at how people respond to you.

12. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

On the Texans countdown to kickoffs, Matt and Lance are good together, Granato is a little too much astros for me...

13. Another Brother

That would be interesting. Roberts is a funny guy! Good call... :)

14. Rocket G

What was unclassy about the 104.9 crack? Seriously, please explain.

I was LISTENING to it as I typed this, and since I did not know that ESPN was on 97.5, I used it to make a point that other than the other (which I now know is otherS) sports radio station, Granato doesn't have many options as to where to go. So again, care to explain what was "unclassy" about my 104.9 "crack?"

And I "peeped" my posts, what's negative about them? Stating that Granato can't carry a show on his own? A statement that it seems most everyone here agrees with? Perhaps you took offense at my reply to your "advertisers" post? Again, what's negative about that? Advertisers chase listeners. The listeners are at 610. Much in the way they didn't do so when Palillo fled 610, they will not flee 610 en masse to other stations, b/c like Palillo, Granato can't pull that much of an audience himself.

I suppose not blowing smoke up a radio hosts ass = being negative these days.

LMFAO! Wow.

15. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Granato is not near as annoying as Lance or Mark Van DerMeer

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Nothing like a good ol' fashioned Hangout Slapfest.

17. Rocket G

LOL!

Absolutely nothing personal or slapfestish - at least from my end.

I just don't get his being all in an uproar and rolling his eye b.c he either is a REALLY big fan of Granato's or read WAYYYYYYYY too much into my using 104.9 as an example of a music station.

18. Another Brother

Weren't you being sarcastic when you suggested that Granato go to a hip hop station?

104.9 = sarcasm to you.

:rolleyes: = sarcasm to me.

ROTMFF. Wow.

19. Rocket G

Again,

I was being sarcastic when I was suggesting he couldn't go anywhere but a sports station. That's why I offered up a MUSIC station (that I had playing through my headphones as I typed it) as the sarcastic example.

Why the hell would you think that I would "target" a hip hop station THAT I LISTEN TO, in some "unclassy" sarcastic comment. Why even point out that it's a hip hop station in your reply?

Why am I getting a "not this sh*t again" feeling now b/c I mentioned 104.9.

Christ.

Next time I'll mention 99.1 so as to avoid any perceived slight to anyone but office secretaries and dental hygienists.

20. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Palillo is great by himself. He is the only sports radio show in this town that freakin talks SPORTS! He can come across as arrogant, but his opinions and reasoning are well thought out. Palillo is also very prepared for every show, unlike some of his counterparts on both stations.

On a side note, and not to derail this thread into a sports talk Houston thread- but Davies and Dukes have to go. I gave them a shot. A real shot. I just dont see how the program director at 790 thought that the local hardcore sports fans in Houston that listen to sports shows in the morning could ever relate to a "yankee" who hasnt spent anytime here. Davies didnt grow up here (Zierlien, Jackson, Wex) or has not been here for a while (Palillo, Lord). That being said, all I do switch dial back and forth until I get to Charlie's show and then it is all 790 for me. Rich Lord has regressed. I dont even think he like sports anymore. Any chance he gets to waste time and talk about movies, etc, he does. Rich should be moved to the morning.