1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato leaving?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by conquistador#11, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Why don't you listen to their live streaming audio?

www.sportsradio610.com

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

can't do that at work and really only listen to talk radio in the car.

:( :( Appreciate it

I do like Adam and Matt in the evenings, though.

Does anyone know which guy I'm talking about? (couple posts up)

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

It's John he talks like he is hungover half the time

4. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I can't be the only one that likes listening to Davies and Dukes. I actually like that Davies is not from here. An outsiders perspective on local topics is good for a change.

So, whats the latest on Granato? He not showing up tomorrow?

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Well the morning show is definetly the funniest of all the sports shows. Matt and Adam know more about sports but they don't really try to be funny just make little wisecracks.

6. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Don't know how this will come out, but I would like to see Matt and Adam move to the afternoon slot. If John leaves they can maybe move Rich Lord to the mornings, Mark V goes back to being only the voice for the Texans and have new comers for the night shift or something.

The afternoon shift to me seems like the prime slot on 610, and the Mark and Rich tandem is not working for me anymore. Matt and Adam's talents are being buried on the night shift I think

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Or let Vander go back to 10-11. Then pull in the Saterday guys for the night shift.

So Rich and Lance 6-10
    Rome 11-2
    Matt and Adam 2-6 (5?)
    Rob and Adam C. 6-10

Anyone ever notice Rich is the only guy with nothing else going on? Lance has Blog and newsletters, John had Chan 51, Vandercarr, he also complains the most. He complained their flight out of vegas was 6am. what a crybaby.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

From what its worth,

I went over to Nick's Place after work on Wednesday night to catch the rest of the Night Shift's show, and John was there hanging out with Chance. Said whatsup to Chance and was a VERY cool guy. John looked like he was saying his final goodbyes and was explaining something about his contract, I didn't really want to snoop, but they were literally like a table away. Don't know whats going on and respected Chance by not not asking him anything about it.

9. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

It was real good seeing you too. John has other plans and everyone wishes him the best of luck.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He's on again this morning, but Lance is still out? At one point he said "I hope this can all be worked out"

:confused:

11. conquistador#11

even my primo,who was a"starving unpaid intern" 2 years ago,declines to talk on this matter.These guys are very obedient and loyal to the cause(610).when it's all said and done,all Podcast archives and documents will be "dissapeared",granato never existed,he was just a figure of our imagination :p :)

12. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Well I think Friday's show will be his last but I hope he is around one more week with Lance so they can get some of the classic guests on and play some of the great takes from the past.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I like Davies but that show is hit or miss for me. The one thing I like a lot better about 790 is the way they treat their callers on every show. They let them speak.

Right now though the only show in Houston I can't stand is the Monsters show on 790. The guy from the Chronicle is atrocious. Saying Yao Ming deserves to be in the conversation as greatest center ever? I mean seriously, it's no wonder why the Chronicle is a joke of a newspaper now. I haven't heard a single one of their reporters that I thought I was knowledgeable about sports.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i heard that too and laughed a little. But its nice to have someone on the radio that is a little homer. Most everyone else, barely give the rockets the time of day.

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Not now, but when all is said and done...quite possibly.

16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

He doesn't score, rebound, or block shots well enough to be considered the greatest of all time. He's really good and may get better but I don't think he is even close to as good as Hakeem was at the same point in his career nor do I see the upside. I haven't looked at stats to support that statement. I'm going strictly off of how I remember watching Hakeem and what I have seem of Yao.

Go watch that Hakeem vid that someone put up with the JayZ song. Man he was unbelievable.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That isn't what he was saying at first. The other guy kept saying "not now" and tried to say he hasn't done it long enough. The Chronicle guy kept saying "Look at the numbers, he's already right at or better than a lot of these guys."

I really wanted Charlie to come in, get on the mic, and explain the concept of career averages.

18. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Exactly the way I feel. I like the energy of D&D but that midday show really gets on my nerves. I called one day and had to listen to their personal ramblings for 20 minutes before I finally hung up,

19. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Davies and Dukes yell and laugh at things that are not funny. The Davies guy is a spaz. The is Houston. Slow down.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i hate when radio people do that, especially on the music stations.

"well its 87 degrees outside.

HAHAHA 87 degrees"