1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I really hope James is learning from this....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Feb 23, 2019.

1. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

It's not easy to know when, and usually we judge based on the outcome. You have a player like Paul who gets criticized for not shooting enough when his teammates aren't making anything, but the assumption is that if he shot more he would hit shots. As we see with Harden, you shoot more and sometimes you hit, but sometimes you go 1/4 and 1 turnover in 6 possessions

James has been forcing it a bit more though, the streak and his PPG this season might be part of why though

HP3 and ashleyem like this.
  2. Caprah

Caprah Member

yeah it wasn’t harden who led a team that beat Utah by 30 in Utah or demolished the kings in Sacramento or had a 26 point lead against okc .Beat the Celtics, raptors and other elite teams

D-rock, jcf, Denovo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

God, there's nothing I hope more than Harden NOT learning from this.

jcf, harold bingo, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The offense is cool this game but guys are hitting shots that they get with harden also.

The difference is we have a lot less iso so I that regard I do like.

With that said there’s still been plenty of times like the last 6 min of the 1st half were a harden iso or pick a roll would have kept the lead at 12+ going into half instead of 7 imo.

We just need to find that healthy balance.

Cp3 is fine, now can get stay healthy we’ll see? But his game is the same so that’s awesome.

Clint isn’t close to being back he’s slow and not going up with force and is a split second to slow timing his contests at the rim.

That’s to be expected.

But this game shows the Rockets can play D.

No more excuses it’s avout effort. It can’t just be for the warriors or even okc we’re I thought we played good d for the most part.

This type of intensity at full strength with shumpart also. We’ll be just fine come playoffs and be the warriors biggest threat.

Although okc is starting to scare me if PG13 keep this up.

He’s been the best player in the league the last 15 games or so.

5. OpportunityCost

We definitely need his scoring prowess as he is an amazing scorer. We just need to find a better way to utilize his abilities and still get the most out of everyone else. I mean it is annoying to watch him hoist 3 after 3 and miss and dribble forever and not gets anyone else a touch as I watch on TV. I can only imagine how annoying it is for the rest of the players that are on the court with him. Chris should be the PG and Harden the SG.

6. OpportunityCost

We definitely need his scoring prowess as he is an amazing scorer. We just need to find a better way to utilize his abilities and still get the most out of everyone else. I mean it is annoying to watch him hoist 3 after 3 and miss and dribble forever and not gets anyone else a touch as I watch on TV. I can only imagine how annoying it is for the rest of the players that are on the court with him. Chris should be the PG and Harden the SG.

7. Mr. Space City

Only difference I’m seeing is guys are making their open 3’s

D-rock, amaru, jcf and 9 others like this.
  8. OpportunityCost

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take it!

clos4life likes this.
  10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Awesome win but this thread is ridiculous in thinking that Harden should learn anything when he led this team to 2 wins against the Warriors and was on God mode the second game this season.

D-rock, jcf, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  11. HookemHorns1250

....and so it begins.

amaru and Richie_Rich like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope MDA learns from this. The Big lineup using all the bigs available is legit. All the rebounds are belong to us.

rocks123, D-rock, amaru and 4 others like this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

/thread.

But I will say, there should be a compromise. There was a healthy dose of Tucker and Faried taking whoever was on them defensively, into the paint in order to back them down and get a better shot.

Harden shouldn't stop passing the ball to wide open shooters, and those shooters shouldn't stop shooting. But hopefully there will be more motion in the offense, going forward.

Y2JT and Richie_Rich like this.
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They get more shots and there is less dribbling.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well glad we won cant say anyone jinxed it. Now I agree with everything your saying.

16. Mr. Space City

There was just as much dribbling with cp3.

The quality of Shot was still the same so now harden is supposed to average 0 shots?

Denovo likes this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think it's knowing the right time to iso, CP did iso at the end, he controlled the game. He know when to run fast breaks, when to pass it around more and when to ISO

Harden sometimes gets stubborn at times and tunnel into iso'ing which disrupts momentum because everyone get cold

Crashlanded19 and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We suddenly win 1 game without Harden and he suddenly needs to learn from it and play different.

These threads get worse and worse by the day.

Nook, D-rock, Smacktle and 6 others like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

We're obviously better with Harden, who thinks the opposite is just dumb. But he/they (as a team) need to find a way to cut off those 4/5 minutes that are happening way too opten lately, where James just go full iso chucking up 3/5 late 3s while playing with a letargic pace, those minutes kill every kind of momentum. When the ball moves more and faster (like it happens when Chris handles it more), other guys just get more involved, which is better cause that gives you more opportunites, makes you less predictable, and probably makes the role players more happy and active on both ends.

Crashlanded19, kjayp, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sometimes players play better when they aren't just standing and watching someone else dribble the ball for 20 seconds. It can get them out of rhythm .

J.R., Y2JT, rocketman84 and 2 others like this.