1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I really hope James is learning from this....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Spot on. Like the saying goes "before you can win a game, you first have to not lose it." Harden does much of it right but when it comes to knowing the game is on the line then it is not a matter of what he has to do correctly but to just not do things incorrectly.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you are sensitive to being called out?? Talk about hypocrisy.

The stuff you were spouting about Harden and Faried was pure BS.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Iso is the only way to beat Warriors in postseason, both Rockets and Cavs have shown that.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya it’s not impossible but we really need to string a 10 game win streak or go 19-4 to close the season.

And even at that 53 wins still might not be enough for the 3 seed. I think it would be close tho.

I can see okc winning 54-55 games. I don’t see them winning more than that but I also don’t see them winning less than 52 games.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

And the moment the beard was back i saw them literally transform into a different personalities...it was like the teacher came back to the noisy loud clasroom and all of a sudden all the gay flamboyant colorful children characters regress to a stuporlike silenced state puppet zombies sitting in the desks only speaking when allowed to

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol Harden is our best player by a long way. +/- is an irrelevant stat to try and make a point about a game. Rockets were -1 with Chris Paul on the court against Golden State, -3 with Tucker out there and -2 with Faried and yet they had huge impacts on the win.....................see how that stat looks funny

Denovo likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

How does anyone know if Harden told him that ? Maybe Curry lied, ever think of that. By the way they don't play D'Antoni's system, they play Morey's, D'Antoni just runs it

sirbaihu likes this.
  8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I was merely debating. Seems like you are the one that is taking it personally by calling others opinions "bullshit", "fake" etc. As I said, you don't have to agree and could respond with a mature dialogue. No one is a basketball god here keyboard warrior.

Rox11 likes this.
  9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Are you f****** r****ded? Are you watching ANY games? Or have you ever watched basketball??
    I’m simply referring to his step back 3, not anything else so please stop making stupid a** comments just to make yourself feel better.
    So for the millionth time, his step back 3 which usually includes a few left to right crossovers in a stationary position, he’s looking for the defender to lean just enough so that he can side step the opposite way. THIS ALLOWS EVERY OTHER DEFENDER ON THE FLOOR TO JUST BALL WATCH AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT RUNNING AROUND ANY SCREENS, BACK DOORS, OR ROTATING ON DEFENSE BC THE BALL ISN’T MOVING ANYWHERE. Please go home and study some basketball before I loose my f****** mind trying to teach you scrubs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Harden stans are in denial

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really are MAD!! How can you be a Rocket fan without being a Harden fan right now?

No Harden stan but the hate you and your ilk are spewing is downright confusing.

Unless you are a troll, amirite?

Denovo likes this.
  12. macan

macan Member

i really hope james is learning from this hawk's game

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Debating? You outright lied about both Harden and Faried's past performance. Faried has been just as effective, if not more, playing with Harden.

Your narrative that Harden is a selfish and inefficient player could not be further from the truth. Do not blame me if you are called out for not doing your due diligence.

Mature dialogs are reserved for posters who can make their points without embellishment or untruths.

Denovo likes this.
  14. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

And what's in it for me to lie? We all are watching the same game. I am assessing it probably differently than you. I was merely pointing out not just Farieds, but collectively Nenes, Capella, Tuckers, and Greens offensive inside game as well that was lead by CP3s 17 assist. Also, it spread the floor and rockets were able to get a lot of uncontested 3s including Farieds 2-4 from 3 pt line. It was refreshing for me to see great ball movement rather than one-on-one contested 3-jacks.

And wth are you so mad about man. Get a life, get laid or something. Geez.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. today

today Contributing Member

LOL, no joke... The other day when he fouled out of the Jazz game, for a split second I was glad and then I caught myself and realized that with Russ on the bench, OKC is forced to rely upon Paul George in the clutch, and that's the best thing for them. I knew they had a better chance to win at that point.

There's nothing better than watching Westbrick shoot jumpers and turn the ball over in the final 2 minutes of a game... so satisfying.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You can look at the player tracking data in the box score of every game at nba.com

You can then compare that data to season averages.

I’d urge you to fact check your eye test before making claims.

Here’s one for you. The ball moved LESS in that GS game than our season average.

D-rock likes this.
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is the same thing that happened with KD. If you go back and watch the seasons after Harden, OKC played in streaks. KD would dominate over a stretch and then you had games where he was in witness protection and had to beg Russ for the ball. People complain about our two man ISO game but where do you think Harden got that training. If you watch the seasons where KD played with Harden it was so obvious that the team played better with him on the court and now we know it wasn't just because it was the 2nd team. The original drafted super team that couldn't get its **** together over $4M. I wanted them to win it all and they were so fun to watch with that bearded dude that was so damn good. I thought damn I wish he was on my team. Life is good.

today and hakeem94 like this.