1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't trust MDA .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 9, 2019.

1. hakeemthagreat

Yea but force feeding Harden every night doesn't help develop confidence for other guys

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol which coach is revolutionary to you?

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Confidence within the players themselves?

Or do you mean confidence in the coaching staff of other players?

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i just gotta wonder if some of these folks get this defensive while defending themselves in their day to day lives... lol

If somebody says they're doing something wrong and to do it a different way would be better... do they reply "Oh yeh, well who would you replace me with then!"

lol ;)

snowconeman22, HP3 and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Heeeeeeey now my friend, lets not act like its been that civil lately haha. I know it seems like I cape for him but its only because I just feel like people are calling for his head every game. But...Imma just leave it from now on since you are right, there are better things to do with my time tbh haha.

kjayp likes this.
  6. kjayp

no offense intended at anybody - i just thought it was funny... lol

theres a particular poster on the board who anytime you say anything about harden, like "I wish he wouldnt try to force bounce passes between 2 defenders..." his comeback is always "then who would you trade him for that would be better..."

HP3 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol not my fault u crying about a bounce pass between 2 defenders

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Remember MDA doesn't need to make adjustments now and reveal his hand that he will play in the playoffs. They have a philosophy for the regular season and they need to play it out for better or for worse. When the team gets to be 100% healthy we will get a normal rotation and games like this we win easy

9. Coco Afable

Coco Afable Member

You sure about this?

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That's just a false statement ... and a poor characterization of what people here are saying .

Look , most people here are no-where near MDA in terms of basketball intelligence. But it's hard to ignore some of these trends. Even the best coaches make mistakes ....my issue with MDA is that he seems to make certain types of (what I think are ) mistakes consistently.

You know damn well that I don't expect us to go 82-0 and have harden average 30 mpg.

But I do expect some balance and I expect a "championship" caliber coach to put us in the best position to compete . And to me .... part of that process involves not playing PJ 40 minutes a night ... he has other options .

... it involves trying to get James some rest in 4th quarters . With cp and EG out I understand James is gonna have to do a lot , so ,IMO, the least you can do if you are gonna ask him to carry you is at least make sure he has some juice left at the end of the game .

.... it involves using all the weapons you have available to you when you have injuries ... letting the bench and young guys try to step up . .... not putting guys like Clint in a position where they have no backup C available in a game . You wanna rest Nene , fine play Clark both halves or call up hartenstein . His management in the second half of the last game was negligent and idiotic .

kjayp likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fair enough

kjayp and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

MDA has never been a good in-game coach. This shouldn't be news. We have to be a few notches better than the other team to win since we usually don't have the coaching advantage. That wasn't tonight.

14. kjayp

Pop quiz!

The game is tied. You have the ball with 20 seconds left in regulation.

Do you
    A) take a 3 pt shot - bc 3>2
    or
    B) try to take a higher % shot closer to the rim

you dont actually need to answer... you know the correct move...

...smh...

bmelo likes this.
  15. kjayp

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Either harden (and Paul when he comes back ) will bail out MDA or we will lose it if it is a close game .

Once again tonight... MDA made critical (IMO mistakes )

Playing Chriss over hartenstein
    Not starting nene .
    Using Clark at the 5
    Limited rest in the 4th for harden

I know injuries are out of his hands ... buts it's hard to be sympathetic towards mike when he leaves options on the table and mismanages situations .

Dinwiddie was hot . Everyone in the stadium knew it ... no adjustment was made . Our guys were dog tired and we had timeouts we didn't use .

I dunno what he's looking at out there .i think age is catching up with him and sometimes he just starts day dreaming .

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's clear we start every game at a coaching disadvantage, and that shouldn't be acceptable. If Morey really wants to win he's going to have to consider making a change in the offseason, assuming of course we don't have some sort of miracle and win the whole thing in spite of MDA.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Our biggest coaching advantage is that we have harden and Paul as coaches on the floor .

I don't think MDA's job is that hard because harden Alone solves like 80% of your offensive problems by himself .

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

MDA gets got in games because he fails to adjust to matchup changes or critical substitutions. The defense on our team is fine because Jeff is running it but MDA is running the players on the floor per situation. For the most part things are going well in a game but sometimes when the other coach trys to exploit a weakness MDA just lets it happen. Thats what hurts our team