1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't trust MDA .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 9, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Notice how none of these guys NEVER EVER call out Jeff for the defense, even thought we have the a top 3 offense and climbing but still have a bottom ranked defense??? Oh yea I forgot, we just trust Jeff when things are not going well and not Dantoni. And we give credit to Harden for the offnse, well guess what no coach has ever won without talent, thats just the truth.

I understand some of you have valid concerns, but this is ridiculous.

#81 HP3, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    YOLO likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Like not coaching Amare and Matrixx not to show concern and take up for their MVP Steve Nash after a hip check

Rocket River

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Who do we credit for the 65 wins last year
    70% Harden
    20% CP3
    10% Morey
    1% everyone else

Rocket River
    F*CK YEA!!! 101%!!!

PeterKingX, shvedsucks and vlaurelio like this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

In MDA career, he has proven that his starters will be injured AND fatigue in the playoffs.

BasketMAD, shvedsucks and kjayp like this.
  5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I dont trust anyone

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

It is not too much to ask to call a timeout when the opposing team goes on a run (and your team can't buy a basket).

It is not too much to ask to expand the rotation beyond 6/7 players.

It is not too much to ask to keep Harden/Tucker under 40 minutes and Chris Paul under 34/35.

It is not too much to ask Mike to actually coach instead of riding James Harden.

"Man, (previous seasons Trevor Ariza) PJ Tucker is really struggling. Man, Tucker ain't giving us much. Man, Tucker's shot is off." Geez, I wonder why?

Why is Nene on some "maintenance" plan & protected and not Chris or James or PJ or some of these veterans?

Then this mother****er wants to say "Well, we're tired. We're a tired team, we got dead legs, we got tired legs, we're a fatigued team. We'll be alright, just gotta get through it."

No ****ing kidding.

But yeah, sure, I'm sure @snowconeman22 and others are asking Mike D'Antoni to go 82-0. (...or 42-0 in the remaining 42 games)

BasketMAD, PeterKingX, Vivi and 8 others like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yup.

shvedsucks likes this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not gonna overreact to a close loss at home to the best team in the league without 2 of our 3 best scorers, but I will say that MDA just letting them blow the game open that one stretch wasn't great.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Fine the other stuff you can have, this right here is just non sense. Its this type of garbage right here, you think he's just some dude who just twiddles his thumbs in his office and goes...Hur dur give ball to Harden, offense is here. Thats not the way it works, it never has been.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

The difference between Steve Kerr/Nick Nurse and MDA is that MDA is more interested in regular season than playoffs.

They don't overuse starters in the regular season.

BeBreezy, PeterKingX and kjayp like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't usually overreact after a loss, not to an excellent team (with good coaching) like the Bucks. I'm not now, but the points you make are the sorts of things I sometimes think about while watching games, @J.R. . It's hard not to notice the overlong wait to call a timeout when the other team's on an extended run. It's hard not to notice James being relied on to carry an incredible load with key people out, yet not getting a blow when it might have made a difference late. It's hard not to notice CP3 playing back to backs and more minutes than seem wise. That's before the hamstring went bananas. The short rotations are a head scratcher. What does Coach B (yeah, spelling his last name is a b!tch) think about these things? I have to wonder.

One of the things I wonder is how much influence does Coach Bzdelik have on the bench? We understandably made a big deal out of his return, most of us being pleased as punch. I think we can see his positive influence on our defense over the last several games, in my opinion, but how much influence does he have on the bench during games? Is he OK with Tuck playing so many minutes that it can appear to impact his defense late in a game at times, at least to this fan? Stuff like that. I wonder about it. Maybe it's a disease you get as you get older.

kjayp likes this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

MDA is Jeff's boss... If Jeff is screwing up - it's MDA's job to get it corrected... one way or another...
    Hence the 'Head' coach label... now if MDA just wants to be the 'offensive coordinator' - more power to him... lol
    I've spent most of my life as a Store Manager... when I assign a responsibility to one of my Assistant Managers and it gets messed up... the DM (District Manager) doesn't call to speak to the Assistant Manager - he rips into me - cause I'm the guy in charge... lol

#92 kjayp, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    BeBreezy and HP3 like this.
  13. kjayp

On the plus side, Deck... at least the concerns are being raised after a loss this time... lol ;)

Deckard likes this.
  14. kjayp

Did you even read the thread?
    Nobody is expecting us to go undefeated... folks are just asking that
    A) We dont run guys into the ground - so we are healthy and rested for the playoffs - even if it means a few more losses..
    B) We do the sensible things (timeouts, adjustments, rest, etc...) that put us in the best position to win games...

if we do the sensible stuff and lose - so be it... stuff happens... but lets not be stupid (or stubborn) in how we conduct our business... lol

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'd actually think the biggest difference between Steve Kerr and D'Antoni is 3 all-stars.

biff17 likes this.
  16. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Is there any excuse for allowing that huge of a run from the Bucks without a calling a timeout or making an adjustment to the scheme or rotation??

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

at what point during the run is D'Antoni supposed to know the extent of the run?

HP3 likes this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sometimes I think if we had a head coach who doing good job on adjustments, we might have kept the lead in 2nd half of Game 7 against Warriors.

BasketMAD, hakeem94 and kjayp like this.
  19. kjayp

Or maybe run a few plays to get some cheap buckets... but no... we just kept chucking, and chucking and chucking... bc "we're just gonna play our game" and "try to take at least 50 3pt attempts..."

PeterKingX, BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Well thats fair enough, but I dont ever anyone on here giving him credit when we had a top 10 defense last season and no one here will if we do it again. Not to mention, alot of people wont even give him credit for the offense, its all "nah thats just Harden, Dantoni is doing literally nothing" He doesnt get any credit when we win and all the blame when we lose.

kjayp and Os Trigonum like this.