1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

holy crap, JEREMY LIN IS KILLING JOHN WALL in the votes for the Bob Cousy award!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LCII, Feb 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SunsRocketsfan

why would he go to China? if he cant make it I think Europe might be a good 2nd option over China.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's a borderline NBA player... even if that fails... he can make a killing in Europe...

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jeremy Lin with the crowd behind him going up against John Wall

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvkXmMcGfLo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvkXmMcGfLo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The thing is that more than any other position on the floor a PG needs better players around them.

Because you can make all the right passes and reads but if you have crap players catching or unaware out there, the stats will not reflect your skill level.

But, if you put some players around a guy like Lin, who are also pretty good, he can look much better.

It is a bit like Chase, a player who needs other good players to really shine.

Lin seems like he has game, and will probably get a shot in the NBA, I would take him as our team's 3rd PG, he looks a heck of a lot better than Jermaine Taylor does.

DD

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

All the announcers love this kid, who was the color guy at the Wiz game sounded like Chris Webber. I know Mchale loved the kid.

He may be playing over his head but he can be real fan favorite. Cuban should pick him up just for that.

6. sbyang

sbyang Member

I hope Lin takes his talents to south beach.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes, that was Webber, but I think people use the term "African Americans" nowadays.

1 person likes this.
  8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Color as in color commentator. LOL

9. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

10. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Right...I think they prefer African-American commentator now a days :)

11. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

12. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6kq87WfIMw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6kq87WfIMw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I know it was against us but its too funny. 1;50 mark

14. SunsRocketsfan

lol good one.. :)

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This kid can play. Glad JL proved himself ... he will continue to prove himself in the D-league or the NBA, whichever place he ends up in after the summer. I think he'll have a Kirk Hinrich type career and production.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This kid sucks. He's overrated beyond belief....

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If anything, he's underrated. Based on his game, he definitely deserved a basketball scholarship and he definitely deserved to be drafted.

Kind of reminds me of Budinger actually, amazing game but somehow falls through the gaps..

18. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

I blame the Harvard on the fact he was undrafted, and also if he was lets say at UT this kid would be first round material I'll guarantee that!

19. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Jeremy Lin to Miami as their starting PG? HMMMMMM

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Watching him play in those highlights you can see how smart he is on the court, just a very quick minded player.

Stole the ball from Captain Turnover himself JTaylor too...

;)

DD