1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

holy crap, JEREMY LIN IS KILLING JOHN WALL in the votes for the Bob Cousy award!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LCII, Feb 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

His game against the Wiz was his best game in summer league but there were some negatives, he drew 6 fouls and had 4 TOs and missed 6 of 12 shots, many of the misses were layups he attempted.

He is an underdog and people like him for that but it's only a few games in SL, I doubt any team commits to a contract based on his play in SL. I see him being invited to a training camp for his 2nd audition.

2. SunsRocketsfan

did you miss this post? Although its not official yet there are 3 teams that might offer him a contract. Lin even say's its great to be in contract talks already before going thru training camp

3. SunsRocketsfan

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I saw it, OK maybe a non-guaranteed 1 year deal so he can workout over the summer and come into training camp with a team but a fully paid contract I don't see it.

5. liunatic

liunatic Member

to put it in perspective, people shouldn't be so nitpicky about turnovers and fouls. As it has been said before, all of the top 10, including john wall himself, have had major turnover issues and foul issues in the SL. That's just the way it is! Without the team chemistry, since these games really are just pickup games, having a large amount of turnovers is fairly normal. It's not to say that having a lot of turnovers does not matter, but when people are using that as a basis of comparison between Lin and other highly touted point gaurds in the SL, the argument is ridiculous. Let's remind ourselves that John Wall had a combined 16 turnovers in his first 2 games...

As for me, it is still a little early for me to pass judgment. He does have solid fundamentals, but he tends to always drive to his dominant right hand. NBA defenders will eat him up by shading him left all day long. He does tout superior body control when you compare him to other gaurds his size though (I'm sure this point can be debated). I think people overvalue athleticism to be able to finish at the rim. I'm not saying it doesn't help, but for anyone that has played basketball before, understanding the angles to the rim, how to keep your defender off balance, and knowing how to shield with your body is way more important than if you are able to finish over the top of someone.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Why any of you would want Jeremy Lin over a guy like, say, Scottie Reynolds is beyond me.

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

In his chat or whatever he said he's picking between the Lakers or the Mavs. He'll be stupid to sign with LA, even though they are in his home town they do a horrible job of developing young players. The Mavs even though I hate them, they have a track record of giving young guys a chance to play and develop and reward them if they do well.

8. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

9. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

whoops forget this

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmaver...ces?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I bet the Blazers want him now since Asian Daryl Morey is in charge of that team.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Any news on the Rockets wanting him?

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

If the Lakers want him, Lin should get on that wagon immediately.

1. They ARE the reigning NBA champs.

2. He will have more time to play, perhaps even start over Fisher for some games, because LA's lack of PGs is glaring.

3. A bit biased, but they have a great Asian community.

4. He would be close to his hometown of Palo Alto.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They have Steve Blake now

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Alright, so maybe scratch through #2. Still, Lin would see more time on the court in LA than in Houston, or even Dallas for that matter.

Still would be best for Lin to hop on LA's train.

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

So then he MADE 6/12 shots for 50%, right? Don't know if that's a bad thing, tiger.

He made a bunch of nifty passes from what I've seen. I guess we'll see what he's made of the more he plays against NBA competition.

16. SunsRocketsfan

LA isnt that close to Palo Alto.. :) It's still like a 6-8 hour drive.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Honestly if I were Lin I'd try to go to the Heat. Nothing like playing alongside 3 superstars to make you look better than you actually are. Plus, the Heat need men.

18. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Looks like the Mavs are desparate to keep him

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=3337

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/19037702534

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u05Qot_yh9c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u05Qot_yh9c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>