1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

holy crap, JEREMY LIN IS KILLING JOHN WALL in the votes for the Bob Cousy award!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LCII, Feb 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

http://www.cousyaward.com/vote.php

All of its past winners have gone on to be drafted by the NBA. Noticable winners include DJ Augustine, Ty Lawson, Jameer Nelson, Raymond Felton.

Does this Jeremy Lin kid have a future in the NBA or is this another result of China spam-voting? :p

2. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I think it's the latter. Although I hope the guy does make it to the NBA. But imagine if he actually wins, and proceeds to go undrafted.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i just voted and its 31% Wall and 24% Lin

Lin probably got a big amount of initial votes and then people started to vote for Wall

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

thanks for the heads up on this.. now I have to get my UK people on task ;)

5. SunsRocketsfan

not sure about the china spam voting. Most likely the asians here in the states. I dont think people in china even know who he is. Especially since I think his parents are from Taiwan. If he makes it into the NBA (doubt it) he might be one of the smartest players from a academic standpoint with his 4.2 GPA. What NBA players has Harvard produced?

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why would an nba player go to harvard if they could get a d1 scholarship?

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Never had one before.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He couldn't despite being HS POTY in California.

9. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Do asians from overseas actually care this much about a college player?

I mean, sure, Yao broke records (which were later broken by LBJ) for the All-Star game, but he was known worldwide after playing in the NBA. First I've heard of Jeremy Lin was like, 5 days ago.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. duwende

duwende Member

I think Harvard was the only school that offered him a D1. That and why would you ever want to pass up Harvard. That's like every Asian's dream school.

12. SunsRocketsfan

because he is asian/chinese/taiwanese and his parents made him go to a Ivy League school. Because to them it is more prestigious than a D1 scholarship. They probably told him to be a Dr or something like that too.

This dude is the typical asian/chinese student with his 4.2GPA and his perfect score on his math SATII 2C tests.

13. SunsRocketsfan

yup it was one of my choices.. only got stanford though. oh well

14. SunsRocketsfan

answer is no.. I just asked my cousins and friends in Taiwan who are total NBA nuts (Lin's parents are from Taiwan) and no one knows who Jeremy Lin is. maybe he just getting some votes cause people are shocked to see an asian as a finalist.

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Some Harvard nerd probably made some comp sci program to keep voting for him. Kentucky fans are incapable of that as they are from the SEC. (You make the assumption here :))

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Two
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.cgi?college=harvard
    Code:
    Rk	Player	From	To	G	MP	FG	FGA	3P	3PA	FT	FTA	ORB	TRB	AST	STL	BLK	TOV	PF	PTS	FG%	3P%	FT%	MP	PTS	TRB	AST
    1	Saul Mariaschin	1948	1948	43		125	463			83	117			60				121	333	.270		.709		7.7		1.4
    2	Ed Smith	1954	1954	11	104	11	45			6	10		26	9				15	28	.244		.600	9.5	2.5	2.4	0.8

He could be the first Harvard NBA'er in 55 years lol

17. SunsRocketsfan

LOL.. thanks for digging that up. I am surprised Harvard has actually produced some NBA players.

It's funny there are some really bad NBA players in the league (like our very own Cook). These players like Lin cant possibly be worse. I know Cook was actually decent at one point in his career so he got his huge contract. But I just cant see a player like cook dominate even on the college level.. Of course there is Bonzi Wells going over to China and averaging 50pts/game. I dont know guess we will see what happens and if Lin has any shot at the NBA at all.

18. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

This.

Along with nerds around the world uniting to vote for him

19. showtang043

showtang043 Member

that's a pretty good plan if your not sure you can make it in the league, then you have an ivy education to back up on and put yourself in a position to be real successful otherwise in case hoops don't work out, I mean obviously hes no star in the league, but has instincts, athleticism, court awareness, with a more consistent shot he could definitely be a roll player if not a 3rd stringer practice player, he's done well even against competitive teams

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Cook got the contract based on that P word. Kind of like Greg Oden. and Jordan Hill.

Hint: the word is not penis.