1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger] Chris Paul continues taking shots at Rafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Honey Bear, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=hornets-080320 Sorry if repost

I kind of like Rafer's bluntness. Nice change of pace from play-it-safe Tracy McGrady.

2. bbjai

bbjai Member

That is ouch

but I concur with Rafer
    David West is not Yao Ming
    not by any stretch

3. LouisianaRocket

your right David West isn't Yao Ming, since they both play different positions and all.

4. ibm

ibm Member

lol. the attitude of the upper-and-comers of the new generation of the nba.

i don't like it. this hornets team is arrogant. and arrogance will come back and bite them sooner or later. and i'm sure something bad will happen to paul.

btw, west on allstar squad IS a joke.

5. jshabang

jshabang Member

nice little rivalry brewing here.....dare i say our new utah jazz???? :confused: :D

6. ThaShark316_28

LOL @ this...if this is a playoff series...someone's gonna fight.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Rafer has been acting like a punk the last couple weeks. It seems like he gets a technical every game these days.

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Well Rafer's comments were r****ded. When people point out that David West didn't play, it's not to diminish the magnificence of the streak, it's to prove the point that the Rockets aren't/weren't actually as good as the streak would indicate. It's to answer the question of their status in the postseason.

It's irrelevant that Yao Ming is a superstar. Yao Ming is not on this team. He's gone, he's not coming back. You can say that we were without Carl Landry and that is a valid argument, but Yao Ming is not walking through that door - he's gone.

It's frustrating that some of you can't comprehend this simple logic.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I dare you to pull up David West's numbers before Chris Paul came along. In fact, I double dare you.

#9 baller4life315, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  10. jshabang

jshabang Member

i would usually agree with this point right here....but being that i am so happy to see at least a spark of toughness outta anybody on the rockets bench including the water and towel boys.....i will gladly take this.........for now

lord knows tmac is not gonna show any ;)

11. Honey Bear

It's obvious Chris Paul has napolean complex. He's barely 5'10 without shoes, and in the NBA that makes him a midget.

These are the facts.

It's one thing to be proud of yourself and play with the fire of a Kobe Bryant, but it's another thing to be a dirty little man like Chris Paul. It shows on and off the court. Unneccessary -

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

First off, I love Rafer's attitude on the court. We need that kind of toughness on this team! However, Rafer also needs to learn how to not let all the talking get to his head. He needs to continue to play within the system and not create a one on one contest out there like he did at times tonight.

Secondly, I had a great deal of respect for the Hornets, CP3, Chandler, and West, but I have lost all that respect for them. They are very arrogant and we aren't the only team they have had problems with. Just a couple days ago, they got into it with the Lakers in similar fashion to how it started with the Rockets. After a Paul to Chandler alley-oop, Chandler turned and began to yell in Turiaf's face which resulted to a confrontation. If I am not mistaken, they also had a similar issue with another team, but can't remember who it is.

Thirdly, Scola/Landry is equal to or a little better than David West, but Tyson Chandler is no where near Yao Ming. Argument done!

13. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

CP is stupid and a jackass. I'm pretty sure Rafer didn't say he was better than anyone else. He said Yao is a superstar and West is just a star on his team, which is true. Saying the absence of West is eual to or a greater loss to a team than the absence of Yao is ridiculous. CP doesn't know what he's talking about, and if he keeps this up, he's gonna get taken out if we meet them in the playoffs. Having a feud with an opposing player is one thing. Taking it to the media is another.

14. zman2002

zman2002 Member

I don't like it either. Come on, he has not won anything yet.

In the mean time, Rafer needs to tone it down a bit too. Shut up and walk the walk.

15. Honey Bear

The bigger point here is that Chris Paul, based solely on his play, is an MVP candidate. Yet he takes unneccessary and over the top shots at a scrub like Rafer. As a superstar, this is all Paul had to say - "When you got somebody like Rafer Alston who thinks they're a lot better than they really are, you gotta test them." All the other stuff shows how petty he really is.

16. smokieethabear

Man everyone knows West is no Yao!!! He's a decent player, but nothing to special. But Chris Paul shouldn't be talking smack. He's a Ref Pet. He gets all these nonsense calls and when he commits fouls, they rarely ever call anything on him He whines a lot too. Honestly I don't even see why they are considering him for MVP. If Deron Williams would get calls his way the way Paul does, He'd be playing so much better. Now I don't like the Jazz or anything, but Williams is a better player than Paul. But anyways back to the topic. Chris Paul needs to stop talking, I gaurantee Hornets will be out after the 1st round and the Hornets so called "good" seasons going to come to a crashing end!

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Rafer has deserved every bit of negativity directed at him. what paul said was the truth. rafer DOES run his mouth, too much for his own good, and he DOES think hes better than he really is. i like Rafer but i applaud Chris Paul for saying he rides t-mac's coattails. thats just comedy.

Yes D-west is not a superstar, but he's still a star, and Rafer was downplaying D-west's stardom. You could tell D-west and Paul were on a mission tonight. I like Rafer's grittiness but sometimes it's too much. That was just stupid how he tried to answer back Paul's bucket. Rafer take a look in a mirror. You aren't as good as you think you are.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You guys are all overreacting. There isn't anything wrong with what anybody said. Or any of their actions. No problems.

19. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

It's apalling that you can't comprehend that the absence of Yao makes a huge difference

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Just like T-Mac/Rafer is equal to or a little better than Kobe?